Nesting-related rant.

scotskid

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I jsut need a vent. Cuz it's drivingme up the wall.

"Nesting" kicked in several weeks ago. And it's a hugeeeeeeeee problem. Not because I spend too much time cleaning, but because I can't actually do anything! Not out of choice, it should be noted.

Every time I try to do something at my mother's house (where I presently live) I get yelled at for doing it wrong or I shouldn't be doing it because I'm pregnant. I don't even hav a lot of stuff here that I can go through, since it's all been moved through to the boyfriend's (where I'll be moving to after munchkin's here) so i'm stuck sitting at a computer all day unless I attempt the walk to the supermarket.

When I'm at the boyfriend's where everything is, it's ten times worse. When we found out about baby, his mother made the offer of me moving in with them as she was going to get an extension built onto the back of the house that meant everyone could live in the house and have room. We figured the extension would be finished by now. It isn't. It's ALMOST done. As in the frame and roof are done, the electrics are going in and the windo still needs to be done. The date the builder scheduled was my due date (20 March), but snow yesterday & what's left of it today have probably pushed that back (I can't tell, the town he lives in is 20 miles east of Glasgow, where I live right now)

When the extension is finished, someone that isn't the boyfriend and I will be moving into there. it was SUPPOSED to be his sister, but she's become a drama queen about it and decided she's not sure if she wants it, despie the layout of the extension being HER design, which has driven me around the bloody bend, so he and I will get the room thatgets vacated, and when baby's ready to, he'll be moved into what's currently his room.

His room is a box. No two ways about it. He's had to get a bed with under-bed storage so we hve somewhere to put our clothes, and get rid of half the stuff in his room so a chest of drawers could go up in a corner, and a box that can't be removed from the room is going to have baby's Moses Basket on it if the extension & shuffling isn't done on time.

Which leaves me with the problem. I can't get the nursery sorted. At all. Baby's clothes are in the chest of drawers, but I couldn't even get THAT built. I got so confused & f*cked it up so badly I had to phone my dad for help, who wound up doing it himself. Now I have a rough idea of how useless a man feels when he's with his partner in labour! I can't build the cot because there's nowhere to put it, and I'm CERTAINLY not about to start cleaning someone else's house. purely on ethic grounds. I wouldn't like it if someone just randomly started cleaning my stuff without being told. Even though I'm pretty sure she'd understand and not object...I'[m just funny that way. And I won't have time to when the baby's here, since I'll be running around after a newborn, three dogs and a rabbit.

I don't really expect any advice, just needed to get that off my chest. It's just so...irritating. Silly hormones.

Living with my MIL, I totally understand. To make it worse, my MIL is a total pack rat. My husband and I are literally restricted our bedroom for all of our belongings for the simple fact of there is no where anywhere else in the house for us to put them.

Because I can't move or get rid of anything, I can only do so much cleaning and it is frustrating! They say they're planning on getting a storage unit but they're waiting until I'm further along so they can save the money. I don't doubt that they will... but I want to be able to do stuff now before I get too big to be able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->