Never dieted - please help

zizii

Reaction score
Hi all :) pre pregnancy I was a size 6-8. I ate a lot lol but as I worked ( accountant) I walked about 2 hours ( so getting to tube station , walking to work and the reverse journey home) I started go gym 2 months prior to my wedding which got me down to a size 6. But no changes to what I ate a hell of junk food and full on fatty Pakistani dishes!

So during my pregnancy I put on so much weight towards the end! I'm currently 9st 10lbs , I really need to shift 2 stones. As my old clothes are all size 8's :( I can't afford to buy a new wardrobe in size 12!!

So I know healthy eating etc but I don't breast Feed and I stay in my room all day ( nothing to do and I avoid going downstairs I live with my in laws and that's another story my mil is a cow to me!)

We have a treadmill which I can use but how can I lose the weight with this ??

Which diet to follow ? I need one that I can do at home :) I have a scale to.

I don't want to go out to the gym I can't afford the membership , I refuse to leave my baby at home with my mil!!

And I live in such a remote area that there is just quiet roads and greenery I get scared of taking baby out for fear of being attacked :(

So help me guys :(

I'm 12 weeks post partum can I start treadmilling ??

Since you have a treadmill, you can easily do what I'm doing at the gym at home - you just need some free weights (I use two 10lbs and two 5lbs hand weights) and either a bench or perhaps an exercise ball could help prop you up.

This is what I'm doing:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/d...tness/1116397-3-days-week-4-week-program.html

Eat healthy and often like this: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Just make sure your snack is a piece of fruit, a yogurt, nuts, etc....not ice cream. :)

Use your treadmill everyday. You can also order the 30 day shred DVD to use at home. It's a hardcore workout for 20 minutes everyday. You can also do jump rope. These are all things that I do, minus the 30DS (because of muscle separation). Here is how my day goes:

9AM Breakfast - 1 packet of plain oatmeal with 5 medium strawberries

10:15AM Exercise - Long walk with my daughter in her stroller (40 minutes)

11AM Snack - Homemade smoothie (1/2 cup vanilla soy milk & 1 cup frozen strawberries)

12:30PM Lunch - Toasted sandwich and veggies with dressing (I use light rye bread, margarine, meat and mustard for the sandwich and the salad is baby carrots, green onions, tomato, cucumbers & pickles with homemade dressing -2 parts oil & 1 part balsamic vinegar)

2:30PM Snack - 7 plain crackers (NO SALT) with unsalted & unsweetened peanut butter

2:45PM Exercise - 10 minutes of vigorous effort jump rope

5:30PM Supper - baby carrots, broccoli OR asparagus & a peice of extra lean meat

7:00PM Exercise - 15 minutes on treadmill with heart rate raised for each of those minutes.

8:00 PM Snack - Small apple

All of my foods are natural, non-processed, low in sodium and little to no fat. Sodium is the enemy! It causes so much bloating it's unreal. You have to eat clean if you want results. You also have to exercise. Also, it took 9 months to gain the weight it's going to take at least 9 months to see dramatic results. It isn't going to just fall off with no effort.

I also use my fitness pal - an app where you log everything you eat, your water intake, your exercise and there are message forums for you to post for support or with any questions you may have.

It may help you to get a heart rate monitor as it will show how many calories you burn while you exercise as not everyone burns the same. I will also be incorporating the 30DS into my day as well once the separation closes. Also look into getting a tape measure because you may stall losing pounds but start to lose inches from working out.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->