Never got the positive OPK this month. Is there still hope?

NadiaSweety

Reaction score
I have a long cycle about 33-35 days. Last month I got a positive opk on CD21. My cycle did start a couple days later than I expected last month so I thought I might have a late ovulation.
But this month I have gotten all negatives. I tested daily in the morning from CD6 to CD26 and nothing. I have not changed the time of day it was always about 6 am before I got to work. I did change to the Clear Blue digital OPK. Where as last month I used the First Response digital OPK.

Do you think that it is the different brand test? Did I just miss the surge because of the time of day? Or could I just not Ovulated at all? I have only used the OPKs for two months now so I am not sure if this is normal for me or not. I just don't know if I should be getting my hopes up for a BFP this month.

Then to top it all off this morning I was reading some article that said that a woman's fertility starts to go down at 27 and I just turned 27 last month. UGH. I don't know how much more of this I will be able to take.

Maybe try testing at different times of the day? I know that FMU is not always best with OPK, wheras with a pg test you do want to use FMU. So confusing!! Or maybe you just had a really short surge and missed it? Do you temp? I never knew I was ovulating until I started doing bbt - if you have a clear shift and that high temp is sustained for atleast 10 days, you know you ovulate! I would definitely recommend checking bbt! And hang in there - it's hard starting out the TTC journey - I'm at my year mark and kind of transitioning over into the "it will happen when it's supposed to happen" attitude, especially since all our tests are normal - stay positive and it will happen!!

Thy advise that you should test with OPKs in the afternoon as most women tend to ovulate in the afternoon for some bizzare reason IDK!!! Good luck xx

Hi I just wanted to say that im almost 10 weeks pregnant and the month I conceived all my opk's were negative... we only bd twice as I had increased ewcm - but it worked! Dont always rely on the tests. Do you get Ov pains or ewcm?? Oh and im 29 btw. Your maybe not as fertile as you were when you were 21 but there are women in their 40's getting pregnant with no problems. Please dont worry just yet. xx

Both good advise. Thank you. If I dont get my BFP this month I will try testing in the afternoon.

I do get ewcm, but there is no rhyme or reason to my temps and I never had any Ovulation pains so I will have to home that the 3 bd during that week are enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->