never thought it would be me - COLD FEET

callmedan

Reaction score
ive been on here since June 2013 waiting and waiting and waiting.....
ive just been on a 2 week holiday with my boyfriend to disneyworld (we got engaged - YAY :happydance::happydance::happydance: )
now is the time we agreed to start TTC and im feeling a little unsure... we have just started house hunting and i dont know i just feel really worried in case its not the right time
I have wanted it so badly for so long i just dont understand why im feeling like this, ive told my OH and he said we can wait if we want but i dont know if its what i do want!!!
did anyone else feel like this when it came to your ttc time? what did you do?
i do feel like i have a bit of the holiday blues as it was such a perfect holiday and i am still so jet lagged so that could be affecting it..

Congratulations on the engagement !!
I can't give you answer, but I think many people get cold feet, I think it's part of life, but only you can decide if having children is the right thing to do right now :) I would have a big chat with ur fiancé and see what he thinks, discuss everything that's going on , then make a decision together :)
Sorry I can't give much advice

Ooh, congratulations!!

We went to disneyworld in Oct 2012 (our last big blow out holiday just the 2 of us) and we planned to ttc on that holiday. We completed on our house and picked up the keys only days before going on holiday. Yet, I still got cold feet. OH definitely seemed more ready than I felt. We did start ntnp that November and conceived first cycle. Unfortunately we miscarried, but it made me realise how silly I was getting cold feet. We fell pregnant with DD first cycle after the mc and I can't imagine life without her.

If you let yourself overthink it, you will always find a reason to doubt your readiness. Just remember, when it comes to babies, there is no right time. But there is a wrong time.

Congrats on your engagement! I think the cold feet is totally normal, BUT if your not 100% sure it won't hurt anything to wait and see how you feel in a few months from now. Then again I'm sure if you were to get pregnant now everything would be fine and you would both be over the moon and everything would work out one way or another. We are going to start ttc in a month and I have been dying to have a baby for years, then all of a sudden I was like wait idk if I'm ready!! I asked my DH if he was sure he was ready and without hesitation he was like YES! Soo that made me feel a bit better... well that and I babysat my cousin's adorable 10 month old and caught baby fever again haha

Congratulations on the engagement! It's a huge life change, so it's normal to be a bit nervous,but I always tell myself that there is no right time to have a baby. If you wait for the 'perfect' time, you'll never have kids.'

Omg I can't ever just make big life decisions without getting cold feet. I just end up pushing through because I know I'll be glad I did but I am definitely not the type that jumps in feet first. I'll dip a toe, waffle at the edge, then finally jump and feel totally relieved. Even when we got my dream dog...I'd been waiting 15 years for this dog and still was waffling "should we, can we handle it, is it the right decision." Let's just say everything is always thought out again and again. ;) You're not alone. I'm sure I will have major doubts when the time comes.

Sometimes i go through phases of thinking am i really ready and the closer it gets i get nervous and excited. I know where you are coming from. But you cant keep putting it off i guess

thank you, i really thought it would never be me!
usually when i see women who are pregnant/just had a baby i feel insanely jealous but this week has been the first in a long time that i havent felt like that

we have spoke about getting married in May next year and putting TTC off till then, will I regret this as another year is a long time to wait?????
such a hard decision to make at the minute!

I think if you have a wedding to plan it will help you have something to concentrate on only you can decide. Do you want a baby first or a wedding?

If you are set on getting married next May, how will you feel either having just had a baby or potentially being heavily pregnant?
I personally would rather concentrate on one major life event at a time!
I'm coming up on one month before TTC, and honestly the 'fear' is starting to set in, but seeing my hubby pick out baby clothes and being excited about it is helping. (Although that first time without being on the pill or any form of protection I think is going to be really weird after 10 1/2 years trying to prevent it! :blush:)

to be honest at the minute i think i want a wedding first, today we have taken the plunge and spoke to our church about getting married next May!
so excited!
cant believe it but TTC will have to wait another year, feels so strange but it is the right thing to do and i am so excited to plan a wedding then start TTC on our honeymoon!
guess i need a new ticker now... :)

still going to be trawling these boards and watching all you ladies on your WTTC and TTC journeys! :flower:

Congratulations on your engagement! :happydance:

I am pants at deciding what I want to have for dinner, let alone making big life decisions lol! A couple of weeks ago in the car DH suddenly said to me "lets just have a baby now what do you think?". I have wanted this for so long but it just made me go eeeeekkkkkk!! It would have meant trying in September instead of waiting until spring next year. I suppose deep down I am not ready yet. DH has now decided he is not ready yet either and although I am disappointed it feels right. There are still things I would like to do before TTC like have a last big holiday (hopefully to Canada eep!)

Enjoy the wedding planning, it's such good fun! A year will really whoosh by and then it will be your time to TTC!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"