New and Having an issue!

Bnjustice

Reaction score
I am currently on the Depo shot, and have been on it for awhile now. My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for about 3 months. Im due for my next shot 1/22 so im in my last few weeks.
Anyway, I had unprotected sex on 12/16-12/23. I started antibiotics on 12/26 for an infected spider bite.
Yesterday during the early morning(1/2/12), I felt very crampy, gassy, and also felt like I just HAD to pee.
Around midnight last night, I got up to go to the bathroom, when i looked at the toilet paper it had this light pink color to it.
Yesterday(1/2/12) my temp was 97.86
This morning it was 97.33

What do you think?

I am currently on the Depo shot, and have been on it for awhile now. My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for about 3 months. Im due for my next shot 1/22 so im in my last few weeks.
Anyway, I had unprotected sex on 12/16-12/23. I started antibiotics on 12/26 for an infected spider bite.
Yesterday during the early morning(1/2/12), I felt very crampy, gassy, and also felt like I just HAD to pee.
Around midnight last night, I got up to go to the bathroom, when i looked at the toilet paper it had this light pink color to it.
Yesterday(1/2/12) my temp was 97.86
This morning it was 97.33

What do you think?

I was on the shot for over 5 years. It messed with my weight, my mind, and my fertility. Please do some research on it. The doctors dont tell you that it ruins your body and if your lucky, you MIGHT get back to normal in 18 months after your last shot. When I got my last shot in Jan 2011 it took 8 months of heavy bleeding to light brown discharge (old blood) to get my cycles back at all. Now Im faced with the possibility of waiting another year to have consistent ovulation patterns. The stuff is poison. IT was awesome to not have a period or worry about a pill every day, but if they had told me that it would mess up my body so much my 19 year old self that thought it was a good idea would have made a different choice. Good Luck
And ps, no worries If you are on time for your shots even antibiotics wont afffect it. Theres less chance of getting pregnant on the depo shot then someone that has had three rounds of chemo...

medic76097 I was on the shot for over 5 years. It messed with my weight said:
Medic this is so true, although its only been a month since I was due my last injection, I've been doing some research and found some horrible and quite upsetting information about the Depo. There were some women who had already had a child and went onto the Depo and when they've come to try for their second child they are really struggling to conceive some years after stopping BC.
If I had know that it could cause so many problems I would have never opted for this form of BC.
We are currently NTNP but I'm so scared I'm going to end up like the women I've read about that now I'm starting to obsess about either having a period or conceiving, I don't think i could stand waiting 18 months but I may not have a choice.

Well your 99.9% NOT pregnant. But the Depo shot will majorly mess with your hormones!

My experiance with it was more then horrible! I was on it for 2 1/2 years, yeah sure it stopped my periods and protected against pregnancy which was my goal at the time, but it also messed with my weight, my acne was horrible, and it messed with my mind. I was put on anit-depressants because it messed with my moods. After I quit the depo it took over a year to get my periods back to even remotly normal. My periods were all over the place, and I rarely ovulated if at all. Now here it is 2 years later and I've been diagnosed with PCOS and put on Metformin.

The worst part of the shot was coming off it. It confused my body and myself so badly. It mimics the exact symptoms of pregnancy. It went on for three months. The sensitive nose, the moody swings, the 'morning sickness', sore BBs... all of it. For the first two months even my doctor was convinced that I was pregnant and the levels just werent high enough to track yet. When he finally broke down and did an US only to find that I was not in fact pregnant I had a total mental meltdown. I had already started buying clothing and picking names and everything. We had bought a stroller and asked my parents for the crib my grandfather had made for my dad when he was born.... The whole nine yards. That was in April 2011. I refuse to go on any sort of chemical birth control again. Its not worth it. I wish there was more education about the evils of the shot :( I wonder if we can have our own little group, a common link since I doubt anyone else might understand unless youve had that shot.... Hope to find some friends on here!!

i hated the way it messed with my body. but couldnt believe how it messed with my mind. i was horrible and i don't know how my darling OH didnt kick me out. i was paranoid and convinced he was cheating. and i had no reason to think this i know he loves me 100% but i just sorta lost touch with reality for a bit, then when the fog started to lift. i was like WTF is in that stuff!! people need to do more research before taking it, wish i had.

I had blood work done on Dec 2nd 2011 for a totally unrelated issue and the labs came back with still a small amount of the Depo in my body My last poke was Jan 2011, almost an ENTIRE YEAR before. So sad. My little sister has just started using it and im BEGGING her to get off it. Shes charmed by the fact that she doesnt get her AF :(.
Such a terrible drug!!
Jay900, your totally right about the mind stuff. My DH was so concerned about my mood swings that he took me to a doctor on two occasions to ask them for help with the highs and lows I was having. Im pretty sure looking back on it that I could have been very easily put in the hospital when I was having my low days. Very scary stuff and I didnt have a history of mental illness before and havent had a single day like that since my last dose. Thank goodness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->