New and terrified!

Lulu1982

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

By my (probably wrong!) calculations, I'm 4 weeks and 4 days and am trying to be worry too much about if there ight be any problems!

It doesn't seem to matter how much I read that being worried is normal, I'm convinced that it's only me!:blush:

I feel very bloated and uncomfortable and am impatient to find out if all is well in there!

I also have a really strong history of twins in my family and my OH is desperate for multiples :roll:

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully managing to calm down a bit! :flower:

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

I wish I could say the worry will go away but it just changes!

Congratulations!

Well, you sound miserable, stressed and hormonal - isn't it great!! LOL I'm kidding - you sound exactly like I did with my first pregnancy (less the twins thing).

If your used to feeling healthy and fit, and out of the blue you're getting backaches, bloating, and feeling like you want to cry and rip someones head off all at the same time - all the time - it's stressfull! Like it's just not you in your own body.

For me, I was feeling a bit back to myself (but, pregnant!) within a few weeks. Eventually after a few appointments where I was assured everything was on track - my stress and nervousness turned to excitement.

Try not to read too much on the internet - stick with a couple of reputable sites. People can post anything online, and you want to make sure you aren't finding worries in places you don't need too.

Tell hubby that you won't be yourself for the next 36+/- weeks, and don't take anything personally. (my hubby made a journal of all the weird/'not myself' things I said to him during my first pregnancy - and I don't even remember most of it! Poor hubby)

Good luck, and have fun!

Congratulations and welcome!

It's natural to worry...I still do! Yes, definately don't google anything about pregnancy, I did and it scared the crap out of me, only to be reassured by people here that a lot of it is just nonsense! I think being a first pregnancy we're bound to worry about every little thing. I've found that as time has progressed I'm a bit less worried and we haven't even had our first scan yet.

Have you experienced any symptoms yet? I don't know if it's lucky or not, but I've had really bad morning sickness since about week 6. It always reminds me that I'm pregnant!

Wishing you a very happy & healthy 9 months!

Welcome to the forum, im completely petrified too, so your normal.

I conceived twins naturally last year (identical boys) and there are no twins in my family. Unfortunatley i went into premature labour on Christmas Day and lost them at 23 weeks. I found out on Tuesday im pregnant again, which was a massive shock, as i have only had one period since the twins and that was back in March.

Im so scared is going to happen to me again, im taking each day as it comes and thinking positive.

I wish you a H&H 9 months xxx

Welcome and congratulations! I'm new to the site too so thought I'd introduce myself!
Try to relax, i was in total denial untill my first scan and after that everything becomes a bit more real!
You'll be fine!

Thank you everyone, and sorry for the late reply!

I don't tend to get online during any time off ... work is actually less work than home!

I think we're still in disbelief!xx

Its early days Lulu and it really does take a while to sink in. Not usually until appointments and scans start.
I get the twin jokes from my OH, problem is its quite likely, but what will be will be and it will be a blessing either way.
Make sure you take time for yourself to adjust.
and welcome to BnB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->