*NEW* April Mummys Group *2009* :)

Yeah mmr stinks, it was the only one that made my son ill, and Olivia suffered with the first three sooo dreading the mmr this time round, I put it off through fear it was so close to having Georgina. SO ours is next tues, my poor baby girl, i'm dreading it.

I'm sorry girls still not managed to get hold of my phone link to pc, so still can't upload pics to anywhere, but i have a few wating to go on my photoshop and here.

yeah Jenny the mmr is the 13 mnth ones, im actually dreading them and have doen since she was born, really wish u could get them done seperately for my own peace of mind but then there are arguments against doing it that way too. Think im gonni get my mum to come with me.

Shining star - have u posted any pics of georgina yet? I love that name <3

sophie had her mmr last weds, shes been fine so far!!

still no af here!!!! grrrrrr

Ava hasnt had her letter yet about it, should be soon tho :( hope all the little ones are ok after there jabs :) :hugs:

AF is still missing 8 days till blood test :) x x

Hanny/Melly wow your AFs are missing in action! Weird!

I don't know when Alaynas MMR jab is or when she has her 1 year check! Do we get letters about both?

How is everyone today? STILL got major teething here!

Melly your bday pics are lovely :) xxx

Morning girls!

Wow there's a whole load of late AF's in here! When was the last time you tested Mellly?

I'm waiting for the immunisation owl letter about mmr, can't be long til we get it. Cooper had his year check at about 11.5 months. I didn't get a letter for that I just spoke to the HV at baby clinic and got an appointment.

All the other jabs have been fine, hopefully mmr won't be too bad for him. Is it in the arm? Is it just one jab or do they have something else at the same time? Bottle of milk is the way to do it, I give him a bottle, he's then nice a still for the jab, cries for a nano second and then goes back to drinking. Foolproof.

x

Alayna doesnt bat an eyelid at jabs, I will say that and her MMR she will scream lmao. No, what I do is hold her and she chats to the nurse while one does it and she stops momentarily, looks confused and then carries on chatting!

Kay, the 25th is fine - has just made me realise how close the meet is!

The MMR ive decided to delay Alexs untill after 15 months, theres evidence that it can be less effective if done before then.

Well i have the dentist on te morning of the 25th but can meet in the afternoon if that suits?

Oh can u do that with the mmr? what r the findings on it being given before 15mnths? I think i would rather hold off tbh, my head is telling me not to get it done but i know she needs the jabs at the same time, really feel uneasy about it atm

Kx

thats why i didn't get emily the swine flu jab
it didn't feel right to me so i didn't do it!

i didn't know you could delay them?

all jabs go in the arm after 12 months :thumbup:

emily was fine the last lot even watched the
woman do it and didn't make a sound so
hopefully she'll do the same with this lot
but she was sick the night after her 12 month
ones so im gonna need to keep a close eye on
her just in case i think!!

xx​

Well i have the dentist on te morning of the 25th but can meet in the afternoon if that suits?

Oh can u do that with the mmr? what r the findings on it being given before 15mnths? I think i would rather hold off tbh, my head is telling me not to get it done but i know she needs the jabs at the same time, really feel uneasy about it atm

Kx
Afternoon would be fine :)
It was something mentioned in natrual parenting about it, the article has loads of other stuff but the but at the bottom jsut basically said it was found to be more likely to fail if given before 15 months.

yeah melly would be interesting to know where they get it, tbh i think im just looking for a final excuse for her not to have it done.

AG - did u speak to the h/v about getting it done after 15mnths? were they ok with that? Its a pity u dont live closer to me could have just came here, where u fancy meeting? Kx

I havent yet, only just made the descision today lol.

youre in Paisley arent you?
There is a bus from ym end that will take me to Bellahouston park, or can just do city centre.

I can't remember where my son had it?

I would like to add just for info that measles mumps are on rise, three male members of my family where left deaf in one ear due to mumps as a child.

My son still got mumps when he was three it was awful, but thank God he had the mmr or it would have been a lot worse for him! He probably would have been deaf otherwise!

So personally I would recommend the mmr but not starting a debate, just offering up experience.

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...nning_stars-family-now-complete-maybe-79.html

Post no 789, by nicky. I took it on my phone and sent it to her forgot she put it up for me!

I'm fore the mmr too ( not starting a debate ) I had mumps at 13/14 was deaf for 2 days thankfully only for 2 days and could eat drink or leave the house for a week it was awful :( I was poorly when I was meant to have mumps and the R one lol so had to have them just after I had ava

the whole mmr thing is personal prefrence so do what you thinks best x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->