*NEW* April Mummys Group *2009* :)

uch hun im sure Ridley will be walking very soon, Jessica was later and i was desperate for her to walk but now i wish she would sit still for a sec lol guess we will never be happy! And definately a big YESSSSS to the tantrums, i feel like Jessica is going nuts just now and she has discovered the lying down and thrashing aorund in a public place and stamping her feet which both grate on me, i keep saying to my mum, if this is her now whats terrible twos gonni be lol, and of course my niece who is 7wks younger is so angelic and quiet and just plays with her toys nicely, jessica even hauled my niece out of her little tikes car thing becasue she wanted in, getting so bratty lol!

aww lovely so what style of dress have u gone for?

lyndsey - jessica is a nightmare with teeth brushing atm too, gotta pin her down to get them cleanedd and obv dont wanna go down that route where its a big issue, asked mw about it and she said until it passes just let her hold it and as long as she puts the brush in her mouth with some toothpaste on then that will do for time being as at least some form of cleaning will go on, have my doubts but ive made an app at the dentist for her to get her teeth checked and ask advice so will let u all know if i get some miracle solution lol!

Kx

Yay Mel we wanna hear all about the dress!

Thanks for your reply Kaylynn, it's always SO reassuring that others have the same battle as I do! I am so worried about his teeth going brown and manky! Teeth is a big thing for me. I hate the thought of teeth falling out as an adult it's one of my biggest fears. I spend about 20 mins a time brushing my teeth plus then flossing, it's a bit of an obsession!!

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was great, I was in the kitchen all day Saturday as we had people over for dinner. I did a tapas night and had 10 dishes to make so it was a busy day! Bloody lovely though even if I do say so myself!

Yesterday we had Rick's brother over for a bbq as he was back for the weekend (he lives in Amsterdam) and then we ran him back to the airport.

Does anyone else's weekend/social life seem to revolve solely around food?? :rofl: I can't even blame it on having a baby/being pregnant as I've always been a total foodie!

xx

I dont have time to read everything i havent read :dohh: but i will later :) just wanted to pop in and say hi girlies and i GOT A FLAT <3 :happydance:

yeah Lyndsey im the same about teeth and so am worrying the same as you, its not that jessica has one tooth at the side that always gets food stuck in it and i swear ive near had about 5 heart attacks because ive looked at her and it looks like its going brown, but its just a raisin or something stuck in it lol

congrats on the flat hannah, is it just u and ava or is marc going wth you?

just curious, how are all your lo's coming on with eating on there own? jessica just isnt grasping it at all and it the new worry for me, just seen a baby club thread on it and one woman said her lo was self feeding from preloaded spoon and 10mnths or something, jessica just fires the food everywhere!

Kx

They only start to do it well around now, Layla is good but messy with certain stuff. but i had to ps her to do it earlier as she was just to grown up for baby room, and they have to self feed in toddlers!

We did baby led weaning so Cooper's always been quite good at feeding himself. BUT, we have so many days where I feel like we're going backwards. At nursery he will eat everything and then at home he will just sit with his fingers in his food or throw it over the side of the high chair. Some days it feels as though he hardly eats at all and I'm relying on milk to fill him up. I might be able to get a couple of spoonfuls to go down, then there is no interest whatsoever.

He's definitely better at feeding himself rather than being fed. I say better, I mean behaves better!!

Congrats on the flat Hannah. Be nice to get some space to yourself with Ava

Hey ladies!!

Congratulations Han you three little family in your new flat thats fabbb!!!

:hugs:

Aww guys yeh feeding nightmare I know what u mean Lyndsey about eating loads at nursery and just messing about at home, it's like he is good as gold their we doing something wrong? x

well .. finally i am pleased to say Ridley has taken 5 steps today hehehehe me and H squeeled as its been due to come for long time bless him!! not fully walking but who knows what tomorrow will bring, i think he shocked himself with it too :cloud9: xx

My dress is gorgeous but ladies I am keeping it to myself for now as i am quite private about it hehehehe x and havent got it yet but lets just say its a princess dress big and awww just beautiful.

Hope you and your babies/bumps are doing well x

GO RIDLEY!!!!!! There will be no stopping him now that he knows he can do it. When Cooper first started he would still crawl a lot as I think he knew he could get there quicker crawling still. Probably took a good couple of weeks for him to be on his feet more than what he was on all fours.

Don't blame you for keeping your dress a secret, I would be exactly the same. You'll look absolutely gorgeous in whatever dress you choose. What's next on the wedding list?
x

aww well done ridley, agreed with lyndsey though, jessica did it randomely one night then a couple of days later again just out the blue and it took a good couple of wks for her to really go for it but now he knows he can do it there will be no stopping him.

thats understandable about your dress hun, i think i will be the same come my turn, bet u will look gorgeous cant wait for pics.

im worrying its starting to hinder jessica a little with not being at nursery, feel so guilty about it atm but not much i can do about it, any tips on how i can encourage her to self feed with utensils anyone?

well im starting xmas shopping this week lol know its a bit early but dont wanna have a mad rush so gonni get jessicas in first, im going to get her a pink little tikes car thing u know the one with the door etc and a pram and doll and so far thats all ive come up with lol

Awww your so organise kay well done u got me thinking about starting to do it now hehe x ... cause i always end up rushing around doing it 2 days before xmas.

Great well he has done a few steps throughout the day again today wahey so nearly there and how cute do they look when just starting to walk look like little penguins.

next on list .. found a dj, found a quartet and found someone to do lighting also found chair cover hire company its just a case of putting deposits down really, looking at photographers nowso many family members have offered to do it on H's side and sound snobby but i dont think she in particular is professional enough (bridezilla alert) haha x plans are coming together.

Where is everyone? x

Hello ladies. How are you all???? I am freezing my butt off right now!! BURRRRR it is super cold here this morning!!! It sucks!! HATE HATE HATE being cold! poor layla is rugged up to the max!!!!

How is everyone??

Awww your so organise kay well done u got me thinking about starting to do it now hehe x ... cause i always end up rushing around doing it 2 days before xmas.

Great well he has done a few steps throughout the day again today wahey so nearly there and how cute do they look when just starting to walk look like little penguins.

next on list .. found a dj, found a quartet and found someone to do lighting also found chair cover hire company its just a case of putting deposits down really, looking at photographers nowso many family members have offered to do it on H's side and sound snobby but i dont think she in particular is professional enough (bridezilla alert) haha x plans are coming together.

Where is everyone? x

DON'T DO IT!!! We didn't have a photographer as we had a professional photographer on Rick's side of the family. He has refused to give us all of the photo's as he's not happy with them. He photoshopped a few (literally 5 or 6) and gave them to us but he's done horrible things like turn the backgrounds purple and stuff. We are now left with no nice wedding photos. The one thing I would never scrimp on is photography as after the day is over, it's the only thing that you have to look at. I'd tell them they are more than welcome to bring their camera's and the more photo's the better but ultimately, defo have a professional as well. My biggest regret by a mile x

im worrying its starting to hinder jessica a little with not being at nursery, feel so guilty about it atm but not much i can do about it, any tips on how i can encourage her to self feed with utensils anyone?

well im starting xmas shopping this week lol know its a bit early but dont wanna have a mad rush so gonni get jessicas in first, im going to get her a pink little tikes car thing u know the one with the door etc and a pram and doll and so far thats all ive come up with lol

I wouldn't worry about the nursery thing hun. I'm starting to feel bad that Cooper is looked after more by other people than he is by us at the moment. That's definitely the down side of nursery and if I could afford not to work, I'd give it up in an instant to be at home with him. I guess we are always going to worry about something, nursery mums fret about not being around all the time and non nursery mums fret about what they could be missing out on!

We asked nursery how they get him to eat so well and they basically said that in an environment where the kids are all eating at the same time, they just copy each other. And honestly, Cooper does not feed well with fork/spoon. It's fingers all the way.

Out of interest, how many of you are still giving bottles of milk/formula? Cooper still goes to bed with 7oz of formula and will have 7oz cows milk in the morning and possibly another few oz's of cows milk around 4ish otherwise he is too hungry and miserable to eat and we end up with a right fight on our hands!

And xmas shopping??? I'm SO impressed! I am starting to worry about how laid back I am about this pregnancy. I think by this time with Cooper the nursery was decorated, the cotbed up, clothes washed, bag packed etc. This time, haven't even bought the cot bed yet, haven't seen midwife since 14 weeks, the nursery is currently my office so it's full to the brim of files, desk, laptop, paperwork etc, newborn clothes still unwashed in the loft and hospital bag not even thought about yet. i am banking on going the full two weeks overdue again as I'm working til October 31st and officially due 4th November. Total contrast to last time around, I'd finished work by 34 weeks!!

Hi Mandy! How's your pregnancy going? I'm sure it's going faster than mine!!

xx

Hey ladies!!

Congratulations Han you three little family in your new flat thats fabbb!!!

:hugs:

Aww guys yeh feeding nightmare I know what u mean Lyndsey about eating loads at nursery and just messing about at home, it's like he is good as gold their we doing something wrong? x

well .. finally i am pleased to say Ridley has taken 5 steps today hehehehe me and H squeeled as its been due to come for long time bless him!! not fully walking but who knows what tomorrow will bring, i think he shocked himself with it too :cloud9: xx

My dress is gorgeous but ladies I am keeping it to myself for now as i am quite private about it hehehehe x and havent got it yet but lets just say its a princess dress big and awww just beautiful.

Hope you and your babies/bumps are doing well x

Go Ridley! :) Im so proud of him :) he'll be running round the place in no time at all!

I think im going to keep my dress a secret, only my mum and my sisters will know what its like, so its like a major WOW factor! :)

aww well done ridley, agreed with lyndsey though, jessica did it randomely one night then a couple of days later again just out the blue and it took a good couple of wks for her to really go for it but now he knows he can do it there will be no stopping him.

thats understandable about your dress hun, i think i will be the same come my turn, bet u will look gorgeous cant wait for pics.

Have you let her get messy with it? at first ava got in a total state and i never "told her off" for it, and still does with certian foods

Hello ladies. How are you all???? I am freezing my butt off right now!! BURRRRR it is super cold here this morning!!! It sucks!! HATE HATE HATE being cold! poor layla is rugged up to the max!!!!

How is everyone??

Mandy :) Awww sorry your so cold darling :) how bumpy?

Finally a manged to replie to all the messages i wanted too :) im not rude and just talk about my flat LOOOL :kiss:

aww thats great Ridley has taken more steps, well on his way no then lol yeah it is really cute, i loved the way jessica would hold her hands out at her sides when she first walked, was so cute.

Thanks lyndsey, your right and i know she will get there and i should feel lucky tht im home but i just feel she is missing out. re milk, jessica has 8oz cows milk morning and 8oz before bed although its reducing lately, no formula now, im trying to get he roff the bottle and drinking from a cup atm though and so think thats why she is having slightly less.

Hannah - yeah so far ive just let her get on with it tbh, originally i sat with her and put the food on the spoon to show her and used the fork but now i give her the cutlery and let her do as she pleases, the weird thing is is that if i put jessicas food in a bowl she doesnt eat it but as soon as i lift it out the bowl onto her tray she eats it lol dunno whats goingn on! So have u signed for the flat yet?

Uch i know im organised but with me being off work finances are tighter so need to start xmas now otherwise i will end up skint at crimbo.

Melanie thats great its all coming together, sounds like its going to be beautiful.

Im trying to get jessica off her dummy atm and i swear its such a battle for me never might her, its weird how u get into such a habit off giving it, like if we r going out its a case of cup, loving cover, dummy lol keep having to stop myself from giving it, jessica is doing well so far but its amazing, she appears with dummies i havnt seen in months and god knows where she has them stashed!

Kx

No :( we have given them £350 and waiting on a form from the landlord but i thought id move out before my sister and she goes tomorrow :cry:

Good Morning ladies :) BRRRR cold again here this morning but the sun is out and shining so hoping it will warm up fast and we will be able to go across the road to the park for the afternoon!! Fingers crossed anyway :)

Lyndsey and Hannah - Bump is going well. We are almost 15 weeks (well on tuesday we are hehe) going very fast! i cant believe that it is going this fast! Dont think it went that fast with Layla.. Feeling ok. No morning sickness anymore which is wonderful. Just feeling tired which is what i was like with layla. I think we are having another girl :) Which would be wonderful cause we cant agree on boys names!!!! We have a girls name already but cant figure out a boys name..

Lyndsey - do you know what your having? How are you feeling???

Mel - wow your getting everything all sorted out :) How long till the big day? I bet your getting excited now that things are being sorted out and organsied!!! I loved doing that for our wedding.. Sad that it is over :(

I cant believe it is Friday again.. where are the weeks going?? the seem to be flying by!!!!!!

Hey lovel ladies x x

How ru doing, thankyou guys really proud of my little man !!

Kay i know what u mean about the nursery stuff, when i worked 2 days per week he went to nursery then and we have actually decided to keep him in two days a week so it gives me two days well 2 3/4 of a day to myself, especially with wedding coming up, but we mainly decided it becuase he LOVES nursery and felt cruel taking him out x

Ridley had 2 x 7oz of follow on milk and a small afternoon bottle spoilt he is!! and he will eat out of a bowl but no cutley quite he tries to do it but ends up banging the knife and fork he loves shovelling it in with his hands !!

Lyndsey i will probably be the same with bump No2 probably be to busy chasing after Ridley monster, relaxed is the way forward i wish I could od been more like that with ridley really. Thanks for the photography advice i will let H know as he was a bit taken back i didnt want his aunt.

Glad your bump is good Mandy keep smiling!!

Han thats so exciting about your flat bet you just want to get in there now huh? x x

Any plans for the weekend girls? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"