*NEW* April Mummys Group *2009* :)

I was looking at that online too as I love how newborn can lay flat facing you and toddler either face you or face out, but wasnt sure if I would find problems of it being side by side. Have you got it at home? had a good play with it, I've never seen one in person so have no idea how wide it is. how will you get out the front door or will you have to put it up outside? I'm clueless :dohh: sorry for all the questions :blush:

I love the pear and peach but they are just sooooo expensive :( we couldnt justify it, wish I had chosen the peach over the cherry then we would only need to get the converter and extra carrycot :dohh: x

We have indeed got it at home, I just love looking at it haha.. when we first got it we took Amelia for a wander around tesco in it, and it is just awesome!
Really light weight, easy to push even with Amelia in one side, Moo is a really tall and she has loads of room.

I measured it against our lunamix and it is about 20cm wider. Because we moved house in December our new house has larger doors, a really large back garden gate and double patio doors at the back of the house so we don't have a any problems getting it in and out.

With standard doors it would be a case of open door, take carrycot off and put in house safe, take toddler out, remove seat and fold. A bit of faffing but it is still awesome!

xXx

Hello ladies :) How are you all going???

What has i missed???? Have i missed much??

Wow Ashy you must be due soon?

Hayley - Congrats - your pregnant :) Wow..... how far along are you now?

How is everyone else???

Well i am finally not pregnant anymore lol.... hated the last stages of my pregnancy.... Sooo uncomfortable this time around..... :( glad that our little man is out and home with us :D

He was born 12th Feb at 10.46pm. i was 40 weeks and 6 day and i went into labour naturally :) Thank god i didnt have to be induced again lol....
He weighed in at 8p5o, 55cms long and h.c at 36cms! Our labour was a very nice 6 hours! Super happy about how it all went this time around :)

Here are some pics for you :)

Congratulations hun, he is gorgeous!! I bet you were so uncomfy going overdue!! That is one thing I am dreading :hugs:

You shall have to tell us your full birth story asap!! One minute you said on fb you had no signs of baby and then the next pop there was Dustin haha!

xXx

Congrats Mandy!! Hes beautiful!!!

Ashy I cant believe you are 34 weeks, where the hell has that gone??

Hayley - I had the docs today so referred to the midwife so just waiting for a scan date now, I think it will be at the end march / beginning of April. He confirmed due date to be 14th October which is what I worked it out to be anyway.

But I am going to book an early one for when I am nearly 8 weeks, so 2 weeks time!! I shall see what dates that have free for me.

Im not sure what to do about pushchairs, Sophie will be 2.5 when the new LO arrives so I am kinda thinking I wont need a double one - What do you reckon? Its just if she gets tired that I am thinking I will need one, oh I just dont know....

Yeah layla will be 2.5 aswell, I don't plan on having a double, hate them from work! Don't have hundreds to spend either! She quite likes walking now so will either get buggy board or just walking :)

Sam, Daisy will be 2 months younger than Layla is now when baby is born, so would you defo say I'd need a double? I have no idea what 19/20 month olds are like :wacko: x

Typed out reply and it went!! Layla does well now at 22 months but don't think she'd last if I had say loads to do traipsing round town. But my friend is due soon and her LO will be 20 months but she refuses to get a double aswell lol, said she,d manage or use sling for newborn etc, I think she'd have her hands full though.

If daisy is another like Ava, i would say double buggy, when we go out for walks she demands to be picked up or she just stands there with her arms out, i can't go anywhere without the buggy :dohh:

thanks girls, looks like its defo a double for us then, its just a headache finding one that I'm happy with for a newborn and daisy, thats not beasty :haha:

Daisy cant even stand alone yet let alone walk so I cant imagine in just 7 months expecting her to walk everywhere :dohh:

I am looking at slings atm but I'm more of a pushchair person myself, but never say never x

Ive got Phil and teds sport and it's brilliant. So lovely to push and if Cooper wants to walk then I'm not pushing a side by side with only 1 in. It's so easy for the bus, shops, car etc and even with both children in you can still push andsteer one handed easily. Leaving other hand to hold the puppy's lead!

Mand - congratulations!!!! What a belter Dustin is. His hair is amazing. Welcome to the crazy chaotic but wonderful world of life with 2. How's big sister taking to him? xx

I can't decide when to tell Layla??? I have 12 week scan on Tue and midwife said get her involved early... She is very good for her age, holds, understands an speaks pretty good sentences, so she could communicate with me etc. But can't help feel its an agggge for her to wait before due date in sept?? help girls!

I would probably not take her to the 12 week scan just in case, but then show her the scan pic, tell her you're growing a baby in your tummy and then maybe let her come to the 20 week scan (I only say maybe as Cooper would never sit still and behave himself but if Layla would I would defo take her). A friend of mine also took her little boy to her midwife appointments as he loved to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler.

it will feel like a loooooooooooong wait for her but she'll be able to see your tummy grow and then I think it will be even easier for her to understand what's going on. Aaaah soooooo cute!

Daddy is coming to the scan aswell so she'd be ok to sit. I think all willl be fine in terms of m/c as im tired, been nauseous, tummy is bloody growing etc, so don't mind her coming in that terms. I also had midwife on Thur after it, which work has booked me off so she has to come...so she'll be involved with that wondering why mummy's at docs.

Another thing if im bloated etc or she's jumping near me, i say i have sore belly be careful, but she says she has sore belly now, which she might have (sometimes before poo) but im scared she's copying and i wont know when real. so if she knows baby in my belly, she can copy that all she wants I know she not hurting iygwim?

Hmm writing it all down its all pointing to take her isn't it!

Definitely!!

I think it's lovely that she is old enough to be involved from the start and hopefully, it will really help when baby is born. It certainly can't do any harm.

I also think that there's such a difference in girls and boys. From what I've seen girls just have that caring motherly instinct, want to cuddle, help mummy etc where as boys just don't have that.

Sounds like Layla is definitely ready for the involvement. I say go for it xx

Did you get a booklet in your bounty pack about introducing children to the baby? I had a read and most doesnt apply cause Daisy is too little but apparently children that age dont have concept of time so not to tell them too soon, wait til you have a scan picture to show them and a bump as they will take it in more etc. x

That the only thing Im thinking about is the time factor, when's it coming, where's baby, when when when. She's got ages to wait yet, but by 20 weeks i WILL have a belly if what im like now is anything to go by, which then feels a little late as "why has mummy got a big belly, why cant i jump on here anymore"? type feelings....? argh

Hayley your bump is lovely already!! Wow you're really showing, It's beautiful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->