**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Thx ladies... It makes sense to me!

Like when I look at the lamp on the right, I see a lamp that is a very traditional fixture that should be suspended over a dining room table. Even our current chandelier over our table has elements of modern lines (ie simplistic) but with classic touches like the glass jars around the lights themselves...

I try to keep everything clean lines (without being overtly modern) but we do like our dark woods (furniture) and that light just doesn't sit "right" with me for a baby room...

liz_legend: Sorry I don't know you :dohh: Today, through random browsing on the forum, I saw your home pictures...I had to stop and post a comment. Your house is beautiful, just like one of those model homes where every thing is at the right place and color coordination is great :thumbup:

If you care for my opinion :haha: I also like left chandelier better. Have you considered putting in pendant chandeliers which give out diffused lighting or more decorative ones with (faux) crystal beads...??

Good luck decorating your new baby's room (and sorry for intruding) :flower:

Elliot, my bump looks big and good!! People can't believe that I'm already this big, but I think it's just because I was always so little to start with that any weight I put on is "big." Loving the bump. How does yours look these days??

Liz, it's your nursery, so your sil doesn't have say!! The one on the right is way too traditional for a nursery, I think, and what I like about the one on the left is that it would fit in with any mobile you want to get for the baby. It looks more "nursery." I dont see why rooms in the house have to match... Like, why would a 6 year old girls room have to match the dining room?? I would feel bad for her if it did...

Girls, this is the last day in my 1st trimester!! Yaaaaay!! Tomorrow starts new days...

It's a good thread. These ladies were all friends long before I came along.

Hurray TL for jumping into 2nd Tri!

And Liz - I still like the one on the left better, no matter the rest of the house. The one on the right looks more formal to me.

liz_legend: Sorry I don't know you :dohh: Today, through random browsing on the forum, I saw your home pictures...I had to stop and post a comment. Your house is beautiful, just like one of those model homes where every thing is at the right place and color coordination is great :thumbup:

If you care for my opinion :haha: I also like left chandelier better. Have you considered putting in pendant chandeliers which give out diffused lighting or more decorative ones with (faux) crystal beads...??

Good luck decorating your new baby's room (and sorry for intruding) :flower:
Dew,

Not an intrusion at all!! I actually have considered faux crystal chandeliars but decided against them b/c I feel they'd be slightly more "feminine" for possible future babies/nursery needs... I really was considering them first though when this whole topic started... :flower: Thanks for your opinion!!!!!!

Thanks ladies. You've all really helped make up my mind.

Congrats TL on your 2nd Tri status (as of tomorrow!)

Dew, you should join us :)

Hey ladies,

Liz, when are you coming to Texas to decorate my house? You home is so beautiful. The light on the right is almost similar to the one you have hanging. IMO

TL, yay for the 2nd trimester.

Dew, stay awhile I am sure you would like here.

Heather, How are you and the family. I will be sure to PM you if I know of someone who needs to order.

Sheryl, how are you feeling today?

I am feeling good. I had a yummy BBQ sandwich lunch with chips and a drink for $5. Work is slowing down for me so my stress levels are better today. DH has my phone with him today because he is taking care of some calls that he has to be the one to make. He got a speeding ticket in February and the stupid court hasn't seen him a court day to fight it yet despite the fact we should have gotten it weeks ago. So they are like "oh they will send it to you eventually. You're in the system." I would be ticked if I found out their screwup caused a warrant to be out for DH's arrest. We are also still working on transfering his 401K from his old job to Fidelity and the paperwork and signatures required are a pain in the butt. And he is calling a friend of ours who told me he may be able to help get Mark a job.

Sheryl, I am glad your stress level is going down we don't need you to be stress while carrying the LO. I hope your DH gets the ticket dismissed. I just had to take defensive driving. I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years.

HEATHER IS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT, that is a pregnancy test, not an ovulation test, right?

It says she is CD 10 though??

DH can't take defensive driving b/c he has a commercial license. We either fight it or it sticks on his record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->