**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

We totally noticed, Elliot! Congrats!
We're expecting our 2nd as well but we were NTNP and I was in denial for like 3 days as I wasn't really "ready" yet... :) Got my 8wk appt booked for Nov 12.

We totally noticed, Elliot! Congrats!
We're expecting our 2nd as well but we were NTNP and I was in denial for like 3 days as I wasn't really "ready" yet... :) Got my 8wk appt booked for Nov 12.

OMG Liz - I'm such a dolt! I thought I'd caught up on the thread, but totally missed the part where you were like

"Hey guys - I'm PG!"

and then one of you was like

"Looks like Elliot's PG too judging by her ticker"

:dohh:

Huge congrats to you!!! When are you due? And how old will DD be when LO arrives? And BTW -you are SOOOO ready! I just know it! :hugs:

DD will be about 22 months... <deep breath!>
I have to figure out how/when we can transition her to a big bed so that I don't have to put her in the crib when i'm like 5 months pregnant! It's tough now and I have no belly yet! I'm due late June (22 June 2013 was the date, I think...)

It honestly hasn't sunk in yet. I'm convinced I'm going to go to the OB in 2 wks and they'll say I'm not. But I took 2 tests already...

Do any of you guys use polyvisol in your baby's whole milk? It kinda gets all gross and chunky in mine...

I'm not giving K any extra vitamins. I had gotten some trivisol with iron but read about how artificial vitamins can make the body not absorb regular vitamins as well so she doesn't get that either. She is still nursing several times a day though.

I kinda do it every other day now...
Another weird question: have any of you done any laser hair treatments while pregnant?

I kinda do it every other day now...
Another weird question: have any of you done any laser hair treatments while pregnant?

Ok, I'm clueless... WTH is a laser hair treatment?

Clearly I've never done one while PG! :haha:

And on the polyvisol drops - we've never given them to DD. I think we might buy a different brand I heard of that is supposed to not taste quite so wretched and try to start giving it to her and New Baby (when NB gets here) because supposedly vitamin D shortage is a big problem in the NE because of our short sunlight hours in winter.

Laser Hair Treatment is the zapping technique to get any unwanted hair gone permanently (kinda). I am using a groupon and have like 6 sessions left. Anyway, just called my OB and the nurse said it's fine to continue as long as I don't do it on the abdomen or bikini area.

Any symptoms yet, El?

Sheryl, your daughter is adorable!

Any symptoms yet, El?

It's really wild how different this Pg is for me than my last one. I felt wretched early on last time, but this time I've just been feeling great! Lots of energy and mostly really good moods. Occasional bouts of nausea, some mild cramping, and some hot/cold flashes. Some food aversions, but nothing huge.

How about you Liz? How are you feeling?

OMG, HI!! I just came on to check this on a fluke, and look at this!! Everybody is still on, and 2 new preggies!! Omg!! Hi, everybody!! Well, my daughter Amy is now 15 months old. I'm dying to ttc again, but Amy is still bfeeding and not sleeping through the night... Crazy. She's up every 2 hours wanting to eat, and I refuse to let her cry it out... Help, if you can!! Omg, it's so nice to see everybody again!! I'll be on every day again, if I can!!

TL I am no help. Kristin is almost 14 months, still nursing and waking up twice a night on average too. We are so not ttc that I had a consult today for the IUD I am getting next week.

Sheryl, how long are you planning to breastfeed?? I weaned Amy from daytime feedings at 14 months. I just have the nighttime ones to go, and those will be the hardest part... I don't know what to do!! I just can't keep getting up every 2 hours every night, though. When I try to withhold these last feedings, she goes crazy...

I was thinking maybe to 18 months. I am already saving money to go shirt shopping for a new wardrobe b/c I've been wearing nursing tops almost every day since the day she was born. I have NO IDEA how to help the night feedings. Once in a while I can ignore her and if she's just startled, not hungry, she will go back to sleep after a minute. But for the most part if I ignore her it's a nightmare. If she does go back to sleep she wakes up an hour later anyway. I did have one day that we were coming back from out of town and I didn't produce any milk pretty much all day until I fed her at bedtime. Apparently there was a ton then and she slept through the night. Obviously you're doing that and it's not working though. Nursing is the absolute easiest and fastest way to calm her and now she still comes up to me during the day 2-3 times and starts tugging on my shirt to tell me she wants to nurse.

I also am not in a hurry to wean her b/c I'm expecting food strikes and think this will be a relief to me that she's still nursing.

Anybody else have advice?

That sounds like Amy. Well, she slept through the night from months 2.5 to 5, and then she just stopped. She started getting up wanting to eat during the night, it seemed like she was in a growth spurt first, but then she kept getting up night after night to eat, and it became habit... She now sleeps in our bed, because that just makes it easier for me to feed during the night, so we also now have that issue (getting her back into her crib). My husband and I were planning to start night weaning this weekend (at least, try to withhold the breast), but Amy just came down with a cold, so I don't want her to be even more uncomfortable, so maybe we will try next weekend instead.

How many hours does Kristin get each night?? Amy is up for at least 15 minutes every 2 hours... It's hard. Hopefully, she's getting the sleep she needs, though.

Lately she's asleep at 9/9:30 and this morning was up at 8:45. I want to say she was up 2x last night and is up just long enough to eat and fusses until she's put back in her bed.

Last week Kristin was staying up till 10:30 or for 3 nights 12 and then for almost a whole week slept until 10:30 to noon. Averaging waking up at 11:30.

Hello ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. My little one is 8 months and trying to walk. Yay!! He has 4 teeth and 2 more coming. Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->