New here, on CD 3 and Soy, need some buddies!

Blondie87

Reaction score
I am new here, just made my account! I am doing Soy this cycle, 2nd cycle back from a TTC break. I'm on CD 3 and it'd be great to have some buddies! I'm doing Soy Isoflavones right now because we don't have insurance til January.

A little background-
I am 23.5 and have been married to my hubby (almost 29) since 8/07, been TTC off and on (never preventing but not always using drugs and charting) since 9/07.
We've done-
Clomid- 6 cycles ovulating, 1 miscarriage @ 10 weeks in May 08 (first time I EVER ovulated)
Femara- 2 ovulating cycles then lost insurance so we stopped.
For the past year and a 1/2 we haven't had insurance so we haven't used any drugs. I wasn't preventing of course or using BC, but I wasn't ovulating without meds.

I had surgery in October to remove a 6 cm Complex cyst as well as 1/2 my right ovary. Exactly 1 month afterwards, I got my period, but it was from HELL. I had every symptom in the book, when normally I have none. It was super heavy, and normally its abnormally light. I took Soy CD 5-9 just to see (I've taken it before but it didn't work). I started charting again (haven't in over a year) just to get in the habit. I ovulated on CD 27! It was a very painful ovulation. Not sure if it was natural, or Soy actually did something. I so thought I was preggo, but this cycle really fooled me and it was just symptoms coming for another bad period. This one isn't as bad though.

Anyways.. so here I am. I am going to take Soy CD 3-7 this time. I am hoping I'll ovulate a little earlier this time. I bought a TON of Internet cheapy ovulation and pregnancy tests (75 ovulation, 50 pregnancy, to be exact) so I am ready to go!

If we don't get preggo on Soy soon, when we get insurance we will do Femara again and do an IUI for the first time.

Anyways, that was a long story, if you got through it, you're awesome. I'd love to hear about you and your journey!

Hi Blondie,

I am new to the site too. I am currently on CD12 and on Clomid for 1st time. FX it works. My day 21 progesterone levels were low so hense the clomid. Have been ttc#1 for about 2 years with my hubby of 3 years. I am 34 and live in Ireland.

Hey Nolly!
Soy is supposed to be a lot like Clomid, without the side effects. Clomid always made me crazy emotional. I was on a high dose though.

I have been reading a bit about Soy. Sounds good. Yeah I am a little irritable on Clomid and I am only on a low dose. I would hate to see what i'd be like on a high dose. DH would prob move out lol. I am really hopeful that it will work for me.

You use OPK's??? I never used them before. Do you think they are worth investing in?

This TTC can be an emotional road though, cant it?

Yeah definitely. Charting you are able to see that you ovulated after you already ovulated. With OPKs you can find out a day or 2 before you ovulate. I buy mine from the member Fertilityplan on Ebay. I'd post the link but I need 10 posts first! Super cheap!

Great thanks for that. I might just leave it for this month as I think I am actually ov now. So if I dont get my BFP this month I will use them next.

How are you getting on taking the Soy? Any side effects from it?

Nope, never any side effects. Do you chart?

Hello ladies I would love to be part of this forum. Just a quick history I am 27 and DH is 30 we have been married for 28 months and have been TTC for 2 years. when we had insurance my fertility DR. put me on clomid and on the 2nd cycle I avulated and was pegnant ended micarrage at 6 weeks. Now we have no insurance and it have been 8 months without a period, I tried the soy last month without a period and though I ovulated but no AF this month so it didn't work and I am not pregnant. My question to you girls I would love to try soy again but I want to start my period what can I take to help me start my period since I dont have insurance?

I have heard Vitex can help you get your period. You'll have to do a little research on it though, because I've never taken it. Maybe try taking a little more Soy next time, it sounds like you didn't ovulate last cycle, or else you would have gotten your period (or a BFP).

No I dont chart. I was trying to take a more relaxed attitude as in it will happen when it happens. 2 yrs down the line that is starting to wear thin. I have regular periods so I never thought for a second that I was not Ov. To tell you the truth I am bit confused by it all. I'm going to have to do some serious research lol.

How about you. Are you charting?

Hi Angel. I'm sorry I cant be of any help to you. Maybe you could start a new thread and ask there. I'm sure there is loads of others in the same position. That doesnt mean you are not welcome here. You are more than welcome. Best of luck with it xxx

Yup I chart, have been since the very beginning. My chart is in my siggy. I would definitely chart if I were you... I would use Fertility Friend, it's very helpful, and free. Charting helps you know when your most fertile by watching your signs, also tells you when you for sure ovulated. So you know exactly how many days past ovulation you are and everything. You have to buy a Basal Body Thermometer though, because it goes to the 100th degree instead of just the 10th. It's probably too late to do it this cycle if you think you already ovulated, but if you have a next cycle, you should start then. :)

Also, are you using anything to help with your CM? Clomid can often dry it out. You can use preseed, or I just started taking Evening Primrose Oil, and I'm going to drink Grapefruit Juice this cycle, because it helps with having EWCM.

Hi hun,

Well I bit the bullet and ordered OPK's and HPT's online today. I am sick of trying to guess OV. I am drinking grapefruit juice to help with the ewcm as I love it anyway so its not a chore. Might try the EPO too next month... Thanks for that.

How you feeling today? I am feeling a bit down today. Think its the clomid affecting me tbh. Did you find the clomid affected you? Just a bit weepy. Nothing major though and if it helps me get my BFP then its worth it.

When I started on Clomid, I was already charting, but my OB told me she wanted me to chart when using Clomid. I'm surprised your Dr. hasn't had you chart already.....

Clomid just made me really moody and emotional. I'd freak out for nothing. It was like major PMS..........

I'm feeling okay. My ovaries have been hurting the past couple days, so I dunno what the deal is. Other than that, I'm good! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->