New title. I'm a mummy :). Introducing ourselves :)

hawalkden

Reaction score
:wave:

Well thought I'd introduce myself and our new addition.

I've posted a few 'mummy-to-be' threads on here a few weeks ago :).

Now I'm officially a new mummy. A little bit earlier then planned and jumped the que a little ;).

Isaac Ivor was born 5th November at 11.29am. Wasn't due till 10th December! He just didn't want to miss the Bonfire Celebrations at all!! He weighed 6lb 14oz. A big baby and makes me forget that even though he's a big lad he's still a prem baby.

He was 5 weeks early and is in NICU. Which is heart breaking when me and his daddy leave him in the hospital to come home and try and have us time. I know he is being well looked after and whilst we can just try and look after ourselves.

I'm expressing milk which at the moment whilst Isaac is in NICU I can use their breast pump which is miles better and over in 5 minutes. I'm Daisy the Cow! 120Ml from one breast and 40ml from the other after 5 minutes being on it but when I am at home it's a messy job.

I've got a Tommee Tippee manual and AVENT electric one which I get in total after 45 minutes on each breast about 120 in total. It's frustrating because the breast cup/suckers aren't as good as the ones in the hospital so during expressing I leak loads and even though the milk is sweet smelling it's just on me all day etc and at night the bed is getting soaked. I don't want to give up though!

I'm thinking last resort is hiring the breast pump medela from the hospital when he comes out just for ease. Just the mess is getting me down.

So hello :). looking forward to mummy life now :). Nervous and scared about it all.

Attachments

• November 048.jpg
    November 048.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 24
hi huge congrats Ellie was in NICU for 10 weeks so any questions let me know, also we wre allowed to borrow an old hospital pump maybe you could ask if they do that at your hospital,

have they said how long baby will stay for xx

congratulations he is lovely hope u get him home soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats :)
My LO was in NICU too but only for a week and luckily as i'd had an EMCS too they just let me stay there the week, don't know how i'd have coped being at home!
Hopefully they will let him come home soon

Congratulations!!!

And don't bother with the tt pump, awful suction.. I used to lose more down my top than in the cup!! Think you can hire hospital grade ones from your local sure start!

Congrats mummy,I hope he's home very soon with u and daddy xx

Congrats!! Hope you get him home soon he's lovely :flower:

Congrats. He is beautiful! Won't be long til he's home keeping you up all night hun ;-)

I highly reccommend this pump, I used it for 5 weeks after LO was born
https://kidmart.co.uk/spectra-3-electric-breast-pump/#.TsFzoT2wfCo

Think it's cheaper on Amazon - about 40 delivered xxx

Thanks guys :).

I'm going to phone my local Sure Start tomorrow :). I think the Sure Start hire them for less. If they don't have any I'll just hire one from the company. Which is £45 a month which isn't bad and I know I'll have more milk being taken etc and feeling more comfortable :). Just the whole ease of them is worth their money :). Shame they are about £300 to buy and not as great as the Grade 2 hospital ones! Like I said with being Daisy the Cow makes it very hard to keep up with empting them.

Well when we went to see him today. He was back under UV so it's one step forward and two steps back at the moment. Which is frustrating but after my mini cry I thought he's only 35 weeks give him chance and praise for how far he's come already. I missed seeing the doctor today but with the sounds of what they want to happen it's 48 total bottle feeds then the tube our for 24 hours before thinking of coming home so hopefully touch wood next Monday at the latest if the jaundice levels are settled.

Hope your LO's from NICU are doing all good though :).

Congrats. He is beautiful! Won't be long til he's home keeping you up all night hun ;-)

Thanks :). I'm ideally looking for a double one so one it's out the way expressing and two there is no mess.

aahhh congratulations hun. really hope you get to bring him home soon xxxxxxxx

Congratulations! Hes So gorgeous, hope he can come home soon :D
btw, i love his name!

CONGRATULATIONS... he is super cute! Your a mummy! :happydance: Cherish every moment, it goes too fast!

Feeling very nervous about when he comes home and we've got a mini person to have full resonsibility of :). Be worth it though :). x

Thanks :). I'm ideally looking for a double one so one it's out the way expressing and two there is no mess.

Buy this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spectra-3-...UFP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321303310&sr=8-1

Read the reviews hun - it was honestly better than the hospital pump I had!

and this to convert it to a double pump
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spectra-Breast-Shield-Set/dp/B000UTRFQI/ref=pd_bxgy_by_img_c

xx

Aw congrats hun, keep at the expressing. I know it isnt easy but youre doing a fab job. Isaac is beautiful and what a cute name! Xx

Congratulations! Hope you get your gorgeous little man home soon. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"