New to all of this - Clomid cycle 1

MrsClarky

Reaction score
I am new to this board. Trying to get someone to talk to about what I am going thru with Clomid. I am on cd 16 on 50mg of my first cycle of Clomid. I have had severe cramping the past several days, but the clear blue opk has not given me a smiley face yet so I guess that means no ovulation still :cry:.

I have an appt for a progesterone test next monday 12/17 to see if i ovulated but i am sure it will be a no since it didnt show up on the opk test. Very discouraging. Wondering if there is anyone who has gone thru this same sort of thing? And wondering what my doctor will do next if i didn't ovulate this time?

I was on the Depo shot for 10+ years until recently. My last depo shot was in April of 2012. Now that I am happily married, we are wanting to be parents soo badly!! And I just can't seem to ovulate :( I know that after being on the depo for so long it has an affect on my girlie parts but man I guess I didn't think it was going to be a reality of not being able to get pregnant! Very discouraging. Hoping the next cycle of Clomid can help!!

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

Hi I am also new to this.....and I know how you feel. I have been on metformin for almost 3 months to treat my pcos and last month my dr started me on 50mg of clomid. That didn't work for me. When AF started on 11/23/12 I made an appointment with my dr. I couldn't get my next dose of clomid unless I went in for a checkup. My dr then prescribed me 100mg of clomid on CD5-9 which was 11/27-12/1. I did get a positive OPK on 12/5/12. I am just waiting now to see what happens. My younger sis just found out she is 5 weeks along and it really hurts....I am happy for her but just feel so hurt and wish it were me :(

Yes that sounds exactly like what I am going thru right now! Very happy for you that you got a positive OPK though! That is a great start for you atleast! I however, on cd17 have no positive OPK :( BUt hoping my Dr does up my dose next month to 100mg and i can ovulate! :winkwink:

I completely understand your feelings towards your little sister...those are definitely normal feelings!! I have the same feelings towards my new sister-in-law. Of course, they weren't trying or wanting a baby, yet they got pregnant because she forgot to take a couple BC pills while they were in the process of moving. They are due in April and we still havent seen them. (They live 2.5 hours away). We will be making a trip to see them for christmas, and i am afraid my jealous feelings will show when I see her cute baby bump that I wish i had :(

I hope that your appointment goes well on the 17th and that your dose gets increased to 100mg and that you get your positive OPK. Keep us posted and I will do the same.

I have been trying to conceive for fourteen months and it has been stressful. I never imagined it would take this long but I guess everything happens for a reason. I know how you will feel at Christmas with your sis in law being pregnant. I was there before with my sis in law and now my sis. You just need to stay positive and think of the new family members that will soon be joining and look forward to your day. I know deep down you will still be sad but the best thing is to focus on all the good in your life.

I ws on Depo for almost 4 years and it took me 18 months to get preggers with my daughter. I wasnt given any meds to help with ovulation because I wasnt in a good place financially so I just let things run its course. When I decided to stop trying because of a broken engagement I went to the doctor to get on BC and foud out I was BFP :nope:

So depo can screw u up. I know. Good luck on your journey

Thanks Ladies!!! Your words are very encouraging! Definitely make me feel better thats for sure!

GOOD NEWS! I ended up going in to the Dr for an ultrasound a little while ago because of the pains i was having. She wanted to make sure i didnt have a large cist or anything was going wrong from the clomid. Turns out, Everything is norrmal...AND I have a very good 1" egg on my right side!!! And on top of that...my lining is perfectly thick she said so the clomid is definitely doing its job and the cramping was caused by my good egg growing and getting ready to ovulate!! We are hoping that I will actually ovulate that 1" egg in the next couple days!!!! Please pray for me that it works!

:angel:

That is great news MrsClarky! I will keep you in my prayers. I hope that you get your positive OPK. Do you use the clear blue digital with the smiley faces?

Thanks for all the hope and encouragement MrsClarky and Jenafyr4....I feel so much better today after reading all of your comments and caring words.

Great news MrsClarky. I hope this is your month :happydance: keep us all posted

Well today is "ovulation" day and still no smiley on the clear blue opk :(

Still feeling positive about Dr saying I will ovulate soon...it just can't come fast enough!!!!!!!

Definitely keep the faith. Hopefully you will see that positive OPK the next few days. Have you tried testing multiple times a day? If you are not doing that then maybe try testing twice a day the next few days so you don't miss it.

Yes the past couple days I have tested twice in a day...those things are very expensive to do that though! But i will probably still do it!

I just canceled my progesterone test for monday...i guess i will reschedule it for a week after i ovulate...if i ovulate! Can you not ovulate even if a perfect egg is there? What happens to the egg if you don't ovulate it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->