New to BNB and curious about the buddy system!

If you hadn't been feeling well for a little while I'm guessing you didn't BD until you started to feel better that day then when you BD twice? If so, it's very likely timing wise that it's a boy!

Have you thought about names at all so far? DH and I had no trouble picking a boys name, but struggled a little bit on finding a girls name. All the names we really liked were super popular, so that kind of turned us off a bit.

I think I BD'd just before I started to get sick. No BD during hehe.
So yes just the BD'ing on that day of EWCM.

I started to make a list earlier last year before I found out I had a miscarriage.
I like Leon. Its a character from the video game Resident Evil. I liked that name from my teen years. I have a list but can't recall all. Carter, Connor, Aiden, Archie. I like William and Henry but DH said no.

I originally liked Emily, from movie Hocus Pocus. But it's too common. Other names on the list are Cleo, Eve-Lee, Siobhan, Peyton, Alba.

In laws want a boy and have already stated that the first born boy's names (or atleast one of them) needs to be a name which has run in the family (tradition). DH does not like this idea. He wants our kids middle names to come from my family. Because of my background and seeing as my mum had all girls, our family name is lost as us girls have all married. DH wants my parents names to live on. Our childrens middle names will be my parents first name. I would have to check out DH's family tree to see if there are any good names. I know that William and Henry are in there.

Have you considered themes etc?? My mum had me and my sisters names start with 'S'.
DH's mum had all her kids names chosen from the bible (DH's middle name is Peter).

Congrats on the birth of Peter.
Hows was the labour?? Will you be trying for #2 soon hehe..

I cant believe its already happened & love Leon so much.
Im still @ the hospital.

Congrats on Leon's birth!! I hope you're both doing well. Based on your signature at the bottom is looks like he was a pretty healthy weight for coming so early. How is he doing?

Peter is doing great! It was a pretty terrible birth experience though. I had to be induced 5 days before my due date because of high blood pressure. After 24 hours of being drugged up trying to get labour going I only made it as far as 9cm and then started going backwards because my body was so exhausted so they had to take Peter out by C-section. It took a few weeks for all the hormones to settle back down and for my body to adjust after having had the C-section. The first week in particular was terrible because there was no sleep either! But thankfully it gets better!!

Now we're doing fantastic. We're getting into a routine and Peter is basically sleeping through the night now. We had a lot of BF troubles and he wasn't gaining weight, so we have to combo feed. He get's BF and then topped up with formula every other feeding and it's working pretty well for us so far.

We have to wait at least a year before trying for #2 because of the C-section, so not anytime soon. Which is fine with me! :haha:

Hope youre feeling better so far after the c section.
You carried to term which is great.

Leons is a great size but unfortunately he cant maintain his body temp and needs to be in the hot crib. Hes up and down but all in all, good for a preemie baby.

How are you and Leon making out? Do you know how long they're going to keep Leon in the hospital? (or have they let you go home yet?)

Hey we were discharged on day 11. Everyday gets easier/better.

It's definitely a rough start that's for sure! But as you said, every day gets a little bit easier as you get a little more confident, LO gets a little more used to their new surroundings and you connect better with LO to know what he needs and when.

Glad to hear that you're both doing ok!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->