New to OPK's.. advice please

Aleeah

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

So I bought some internet cheapy OPK's and I've had the below lines the last few days (I know these are negative), does this mean I'm ovulating soon though? Just that looking at CM it's gone from creamy now to egg white, so I would've thought I had be getting positives by now?

Also, it says on the packet that you need to leave the urine to stand for 20 mins before dipping the test, will it matter if you dip it straight away?

And it says you shouldn't have drunk anything ideally for 2 hours before testing but I can't seem to be able to not drink for that long, especially if I'm testing more than once a day which I am at the moment.

Any advice you lovely ladies can give me would be much appreciated!

xxx

Attachments

• photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 14
Some women get a gradual darker line as they get closer to ovulation but some just get a darker line as they surge. Since you are new, you may not know which category you fall into until after this cycle is done.

When you get your positive though, you'll know! When mine is positive, the line is normally there and dark before the dye can go over the whole strip! It happens so fast :) My positives are very clear.

I dont think it matters on when you dip the stick. I've never left my urine for 20mins and then tested. I've always tested right away! Not sure about the no drinking part but I agree, two hours is a long time to go without anything to drink!

Your top test does look like it's very close to positive though! Good luck to you! :hugs:

Some women get a gradual darker line as they get closer to ovulation but some just get a darker line as they surge. Since you are new, you may not know which category you fall into until after this cycle is done.

When you get your positive though, you'll know! When mine is positive, the line is normally there and dark before the dye can go over the whole strip! It happens so fast :) My positives are very clear.

I dont think it matters on when you dip the stick. I've never left my urine for 20mins and then tested. I've always tested right away! Not sure about the no drinking part but I agree, two hours is a long time to go without anything to drink!

Your top test does look like it's very close to positive though! Good luck to you! :hugs:

Thank you for replying! I had a snoop of your TTC journal and I love it! I'm going to subscribe to it if you don't mind? I see what you mean about it being obvious with the dark line, I feel silly now! I'm still getting the same on the stirips but getting lots of other signs to say I'm ovulating so just going to continue with BD every other day and not worry for now.

I've recently had a m/c at 7 weeks, so guess my body will still be trying to adjust, so not overally hopeful on getting a BFP this cycle but just want to learn to use the strips and other signs.

Thanks again, good luck to you too for a BFP soon...!! xx

Sure I'd love it if you followed my journal! I'm still waiting for my opk to go positive :growlmad: It's been close to positive for days now but never positive. Starting to get frustrated! I know what my positives looks like and none of those are it :/

Still waiting :coffee:

Sorry about your loss. I've had 2 and had all sorts of testing and am now back to TTC. Hope we both get our BFPs soon!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->