New to the Third Trimester and Soooo Tired!

Diana3

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I'm now 28 weeks so officially beginning the third trimester! Had a pretty good pregnancy so far; my bump just got substantially more visible a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden I can barely get any sleep. I'm sleeping mostly on my left side with some alternating to the right side, and now both sides hurt so much, I can't find a comfortable position even with a body pillow. On top of that having to get up a gazillion times at night to pee. I'm soo exhausted at work. Anybody else feeling this way? Does it get better or only worse towards the end of the last trimester? Any tips on how to get a more decent sleep at night?

I use a blanket under my bump instead of a pillow. This way I can mold the blanket anyway I need it.

I found the body pillow was too firm, so I'm using cheap Walmart pillows and have one on both sides of me so no matter if I'm on my left or right side, I can slide that cheap flat pillow under my bump and actually be comfortable.

Try a softer regular pillow so you can wedge it under bump.

Thank you ladies, I'll try more pillows. Do you all also have to get up at least 7-10 times per night to pee? It's just so annoying. And my doctor wants me to drink even more water aggh.

Yup. Well not 10 times, but maybe 7

I only have to pee 2-3 times during the night. Depends how much water I drink before bedtime.

I wish I could say it gets better, but it hasn't for me. I get up to pee 3-4 times per night, and most nights I can only sleep 4 hours. I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow, and this has been going on at least 6 weeks. I have good stretches here and there where I can sleep for 7 hours for maybe 3 consecutive days, but by then I feel almost worse - super groggy.

I hate to say it, but I'm just getting more tired. I have a little pillow nest with a Snoogle and a small wedge for under the bump, and I dread to think what kind of sleep I'd be getting without it, but it's still difficult to get comfortable. I've been napping in the afternoons for the last week or so, and I'm usually not a napper.

I can usually get away with only peeing once overnight, but I'm very careful about not drinking a lot before bed. If I didn't get so stiff and achy and stubborn sleeping on my sides, I'd probably give in and get up to pee more often.

I'm with you with tired. I didn't sleep well most of second tri, and it comes and goes now that I'm 31 or 32 weeks in. I requested to have my iron levels checked and they were below WHO-recommended guidelines for pregnancy. I now take an iron pill most nights, and it seemed to help for a few weeks. I may need to increase that amount.

Like tulip, I've gotten used to the dismal amount of sleep. No trouble falling asleep, but awake after 4 or 5 hours and then laying there the rest of the night thinking about sleep. Fall asleep again just before the alarm rings. I must not drink enough, as i usually don't feel the need to pee more than once a night. Baby must hang out far from bladder. I've tried getting up and doing something for a bit, but I just get angry and desperate at the sleep lost and feel better if listening to an audiobook or something to distract.

I've noticed that a 20 min walk during the day can help with sleep. It's been cold so I took to the mall to walk indoors tonight.

I could have written your exact post myself, word for word. I am going through the exact same thing. I do agree with the previous poster that uses a blanket instead of a body pillow. Recently my body pillow has become useless, but if I use my whole comforter I can actually get comfortable for a bit....until I have to get up to pee again.

I drink water all night, not really because I am thirsty, but because I feel like a furnace inside and have all the way through my pregnancy so I drink water to get rid of the hot feeling in my throat and chest. It is crazy because I can be cold to the touch and still feel like I am burning up inside. My SO can't even touch me anymore without being told to keep his hot hands to himself. Hormones :haha:

With my son I sufferd with everything quite early on with spd hip pain itching the lot! But this time (touch wood) I've had no problems the only thing I've done differently is do a bit of exercises each day, things
Like squats and lunges.I've focused on as these areas because they play a big part in pregnancy (especially support for your lower back and kegal exercises as they are all attached in the same area) maybe u could try a few a day so that ur keeping ur muscles strong so that it all helps support baby? Only an idea though! I try and do 25 mins a day but I think it has helped a great deal with those annoying not so glamourous pregnancy symptoms.

Hope this helps I'm 28 weeks too!:happydance: xxxx

I am anticipating the sleep getting less from now on - perhaps our bodies preparing us for the sleepless newborn nights??
Last night was one of the worst for me, if it wasn't my hips hurting it was my back, if not my back than the heartburn that has been getting progressively worse this week combined with a raging thirst and if it was none of that then it was the cyst on my face (harmless and checked by the Dr!) becoming painful as I'm laying on it and it's been growing with the pregnancy hormones! Urgh!!
I am loving my pregnancy and don't want to complain at all, but can't wait to not be in pain when relaxing! I'm fine as long as I keep going just start to hurt when my body relaxes!

Thank you, ladies! Has anyone tried a memory foam mattress topper? I heard somewhere it can help with hip/back pain. I also signed up for yoga classes and so far enjoying them, but still get the hip pain from sleeping mostly on the left side.

Thank you, ladies! Has anyone tried a memory foam mattress topper? I heard somewhere it can help with hip/back pain. I also signed up for yoga classes and so far enjoying them, but still get the hip pain from sleeping mostly on the left side.

I have a memory foam mattress topper (3 inches thick approx), and I couldn't imagine sleeping on my bed without it. I still have to switch positions frequently but I would imagine that I would be much more uncomfortable and sore without it. What helps most with my hip/pelvic pain is making sure that I have something between my legs while I sleep. I use a bunched up blanket, nothing fancy, and it really helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->