New to this site

EMSwife1124

Mommy to Odin, Kai and Wren!
Reaction score
I came across this site while looking up some early onset pregnancy symptoms and I am already addicted :)

My husband and I have been married a little less than a year and I stopped taking birth control at the end of June after taking it for 7 years. I have a problem with ovarian cysts and they started at the same time as I started the pill. We decided to stop the birth control to see if they would subside. (I had surgery in May to remove a rather large cyst and I kept getting them each month with tons of pain).
We first discussed using the pull out method but then decided it would be a not trying, not preventing situation.
I was 9 days late for my first cycle off of the pill. We thought I was pregnant but took tests throughout the 9 days and all were BFN. On the 9th day, AF showed so I quit testing. Shortly after AF came, my brother's wife found out she was pregnant and I was more upset about it than I thought I would be.
(I love my nieces and nephews but coming off of thinking I was pregnant, it was a shock)
We have been BD'ing throughout the month and plenty around the time when the app said I was ovulating (I wasn't tracking for getting pregnant purposes, I was more tracking to see how my cycle lengths varied since getting off the pill). I am currently 5DPO and trying to not obsess (not easy considering I found this site from searching some symptoms.
Anyway, I just wanted to post and say hello to everyone and I enjoy reading about everyone's situations. I won't be disappointed if I am not this month because we are not actively trying but it would definitely be a welcome blessing. GL to everyone out there :)

Welcome! People here are super friendly, and you'll find a lot of people who are in similar situations. We're in our first month of NTNP, and the changes are killing me. :wacko: I'm still in my ovulation time, so we'll see how it goes!

I'm nervous for when we do officially become pregnant, because we have a close friend and her husband who are unable to have children due to some serious health issues and I don't want her to feel bad.:cry:

Good luck during the next few weeks!

hi and welcome I'm Nicola :)!
like Mrsgriffison said, you will get tons and tons of support here :)

I have been ttc for 2 years, now took a step back and just ntnp :)!

Thanks ladies!

MrsGriffison - I can definitely understand how you are feeling. My husband was married before and they did not prevent and never conceived so he is very nervous that he is unable to have children (she got pregnant later so he automatically thinks it was him). I am not concerned that he could have problems but if we go past the year mark then we will both get checked out. I have health problems of my own that scare me for once I actually do conceive. I have a slight "valentine's uterus" and I am also missing 30% of my cervix that was removed when I had cervical cancer. My OBGYN specializes in high risk pregnancy and she assures me that she will do everything she can to ensure that I have a healthy pregnancy. Good luck to you this month :)

Thanks Nicola :) I am definitely trying to not think about it as much as I can. School (i'm in my second year of college)is taking up my time these days so I have to block out baby thoughts so I can concentrate. Good luck to you and hopefully you will get to have your sweet baby soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->