New to this.

USAF_WIFE

Reaction score
Hi, I am 33 I have 4 children and I had a part of my tubes removed after my 4th child. I was asked right as I was freaking out going in for a csection and told it was safer than tying my tubes removed cancer risk and I went with it. So now at the point im at in my life I may want another child and im not really sure where to start to research and what ultimately my options even are. I haven't spoke to a doctor just yet but I am coming here for support. I am not yet ready to jump into it because of my weight and age I don't know how a doctor would treat me in the situation so before I went in I wanted advice.

Did they remove 1 tube? Both? There are some doctor who believe ovarian/uterine cancer can start in the tube but it doesnt always. Mine didnt. Was this dr an oncologist? Why did he feel you were at risk?

I had ovarian cancer and they removed my right tube and ovary. Im 9wks pregnant from my left. It took awhile for my left to pump out eggs but no issues otherwise!

Did they remove 1 tube? Both? There are some doctor who believe ovarian/uterine cancer can start in the tube but it doesnt always. Mine didnt. Was this dr an oncologist? Why did he feel you were at risk?

I had ovarian cancer and they removed my right tube and ovary. Im 9wks pregnant from my left. It took awhile for my left to pump out eggs but no issues otherwise!

I had only part removed not fully removed on either the doctor was not an oncologist. I was told it was a decreased chance of cancer if I went that route and I was initially just having mine tied. So now im in a position where I can no longer have children naturally and I have no idea if there is any option out there other than IVF for myself.

If you have at least one tube intact and attached, IUI is a possibility and even natural conception if you've never had issues before. I was born with half a uterus, both ovaries, but only one tube attached. While I've had much more success with IVF (at least at forming embryos and getting pregnant...staying pregnant is another matter entirely), it's not the only option if you at least have one tube. I'm not sure what partial removal means...maybe you have a better idea? Did they cut part of the tube and reattach it? Are either one of your tubes attached to your uterus?

If no, than unfortunately IVF would be your only option since you don't need tubes in order to produce eggs and form embryos. IVF isn't horrible if you can afford it. I wish I had been in a financial position to do it years ago. Your doctor will give you the best suggestions for a potential treatment plan though. I would look up reviews on fertility doctors/ clinics in your area before you go anywhere though. Most REs are very compassionate and helpful, albeit expensive.

Hope this helps and I'm sorry to hear about your recent struggles/ surgery.

I had only part removed not fully removed on either the doctor was not an oncologist. I was told it was a decreased chance of cancer if I went that route and I was initially just having mine tied. So now im in a position where I can no longer have children naturally and I have no idea if there is any option out there other than IVF for myself.

It is a new idea to remove tubes to prevent cancer. They havent always felt that way. Im glad your dr was utd on that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->