new TTC date :D WYOOT though

callmedan

Reaction score
my new TTC date as agreed with OH will be as soon as i get back from my holiday on 11th May 2014 :happydance: moved it forward 5 months so happy!
im going to stay on the pill and just ttc straight off it, as my cycles were messed up before starting the pill so months regulating wouldnt really help i dont think..
i was planning to take my last pill on 9th May so my breakthrough bleed would start they say i get back, however i am going to a concert with my cousin on 1st June which i will be around 7dpo
its standing and i know that she will want to have a few drinks (understandably, as would i if not TTC!!)
i know its only 25% chance of getting pg each time and esp with only just coming off the pill, im worried that i might affect my TTC chances as i have a feeling it will be a bit of a mad concert even without drinking (its one direction and we are in the front section and i saw how crazy those so called 'directioners' were in that programme!!)
my question is, would you still go or shall i change my pill cycle (easy peasy to do) so i am ov around the day of the concert? would this be ok or should i put it back even further to like CD7? ahh hope this makes sense, i know it sounds petty for the sake of a couple of weeks but after waiting so long its hard!

Hey! My pills run out on the 5th of May (I get a 9 month prescription) so we may be trying around the same time :)

I think that our bodies are in general pretty good at getting pregnant and protecting babies. Jumping around etc I doubt would affect a tiny foetus much, but I haven't studied on this or anything, I'm just going by how my mum treated pregnancy. She went to a rock music concert when she was 7ish months pregnant, big bump and all! I imagine she was seated though.

Anyway, personally when we start trying I intend to just keep going along with life as before and not make changes once pregnant (asides from stopping the very occasional drink I do have) unless I am told it is medically necessary or I feel I am not up to it physically. So in answer to your question I'd still go to the concert. If you are worried though and it's easy to change your pill cycle then that wont hurt and will buy you some peace of mind :flower:

aww yay maybe we can be ttc buddies!
yeah i agree theres no point putting our lives on hold as it could take months! i think i might make it so i go to the concert around cd10 so i wont have quite ovulated yet but close! i just want it to be as soon as possible, i have like an hour nearly every day when i just want to flush my pill down the toilet and start now!
thanks for the quick reply :)

You're welcome, I'm in my dressing gown just browsing this site at the moment while my sister and her boyfriend cook dinner (they are visiting for a while). Lazy afternoon :flower:

I'm about to start the second year of my masters program so I have a thesis to work on and write over the next 9 months, it's like my physics baby (I'm a physics student). It even has a big exam at the end, maybe like the labour? I imagine if I got pregnant now I'd find it really hard to focus on physics, my mind is already prone to wandering. I can be talking with my supervisor about some paper and my brain will just wander off to think about cats or something! I should have either finished or be pretty close to finishing when my pill runs out so by accident the timing is pretty good.

well why not, what else are sundays for! im back in school tomorrow after six weeks off (im training to be a teaching assistant) and even though im looking forward to getting back, im just enjoying my last day of freedom!
wow that sounds super difficult! i love the comparison to pregnancy :) you can see which feels longer that or actual pregnancy!
probably a good idea to get it finished before TTC, i imagine once baby brain kicks in our minds might wander a fair bit, so excited to have something to blame it on! haha i always come on my laptop to do some work for my course and end up on here then urgently have to plan what prenatals i will be taking etc etc so hardly get anything done and thats before pregnancy!
my course finishes april then i have a holiday to orlando so once i get back from there it will be job hunting and baby making all the way!

I wouldn't change your plans if i were you but do what you're most comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->