New window costs?!

baby25102011

Stay Strong
Reaction score
We need new windows!

Large front, two medium in kitchen, large dining room and 2 x medium bedrooms ..?

Any idea of the cost?!

:flower:

I had living room, dining room, bathroom, 3 beds and two porch windows sash and case ( wooden ) 26k

Not sure if you're uk or not but we recently had ours done. One in living room, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms and cost £2,600. The windows in the bedrooms and living room are quite wide.

We've just replaced ours, cost around £500 each for 2 openers (the more you have the higher the cost) they're very big.

Honestly depends on where you get them from. We are having to replace our sons bedroom window which is really wide and it's only going to cost about £500 because the company doing it are in the process of doing an extension for us. If you go with any big window company it's likely you could pay thousands.
Personally i wouldn't go too cheap unless you know the right questions to ask. We had 2 windows and doors to the outside replaced - we did have wood and they were replaced with uPVC. I can't fault the quality of the windows/doors-we only paid around £1500 to have it all done. However the guy doing it failed to tell us - not even should he actually knew - that where wood is much more supportive we were fine with no support in the wall, but because the uPVC is lighter we should of had a support put in when the windows were replaced. So we've ended up having to pay for supports to be put in otherwise we could of been in all sorts of problems.

I would ring round and get as many quotes as you can and take it from there.

We're having our whole house done soon. Two doors, set French doors, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, big bay, two toilet windows and one other. UPVC brown externally and white inside, plus vents, £5k plus VAT *gulp*.

We had new front door, 1 small window, 2 large bays windows #2600.

my dad just 5 windows done,was 1k a window but they came with a lifetime guarantee and if ANYTHING goes wrong they will come and fix them. That was with Everest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->