New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

On the scales today and I've lost another lb. that's a whole stone in just 8 weeks! Feeling very proud of myself as there is just half a stone to go nowhere hit my ideal weight and I haven't seen that weight since before I had my eldest.

I've lost motivation a few times recently but I just have to draw a line under them and start again as soon as I can.

R_x: it's probably just mostly water weight, or a result of something you ate, and should disappear quickly. (I'm up a pound from yesterday, even though I know I didn't gain a pound over night - up to 5 lbs is a normal fluctuation!) Is there any activity that you enjoy doing so you can ease back into it? :flower:

Kay_Baby: Great job on the loss! :happydance:

Hi ladies- I finally got a scale and my motivation back. I haven't weighed myself in a month but have lost over a pound. I was not expecting that at all. I can only assume it is because I have started walking after work.

So my goals for March are to get back to low carbing and walking every evening. With the weather improving I am feeling so much better.

Yay for the weather improving! Congrats on the pound; one pound closer! :)

We have another winter storm moving through tomorrow, just as the snow from the last round is finally melting away. I think Spring got lost somewhere this year. :cry:

R_x: it's probably just mostly water weight, or a result of something you ate, and should disappear quickly. (I'm up a pound from yesterday, even though I know I didn't gain a pound over night - up to 5 lbs is a normal fluctuation!) Is there any activity that you enjoy doing so you can ease back into it? :flower:

Not really but I've joined a gym, it can just be abit of a drive if traffics bad. So only get there about once a week at the moment. Going to try and get to some classes there though. :)

Not really but I've joined a gym, it can just be abit of a drive if traffics bad. So only get there about once a week at the moment. Going to try and get to some classes there though. :)

Have you tried any of the workout routines on YouTube? There's a huge variety, and you can do them at home (I stream them on our TV or my laptop). Just in case you're interesting in something for the days you can't make it to the gym :flower:

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)
Week 3: 128.6 (+.2 lbs)
Week 4: 126.2 (-2.4 lbs)
Week 5: 128.6 (+2.4 lbs)
Week 6: 125.8 (-2.8 lbs)
Week 7: 126.6 (+.8 lbs, just finished period)
Week 8: 126 (-.6 lbs)
Week 9: 127 (+1 lb)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

I look bloated, so I'm not surprised I'm up. I think I know why though, and if I'm right it should go back down in the next few days! Took a break today from exercise to recover, so hopefully that helps as well. I can see better definition in my arms, abs, and legs at least!

How is everyone doing? I am still not weighing myself but have been getting in my steps and eating well.

Yay for steps! :happydance: I'm still struggling with that. Do you have a weigh-in day planned?

Weather is finally warming up here, so we went for a walk this evening. DD let me babywear her for the first time since she was around 11 months old. Bought a Tula Toddler tonight and looking forward to more walks with her! Scale also said 125.2, which is my lowest yet. :)

Wow, 125.2! The incredible shrinking woman!:happydance:

I was actually going to weigh myself yesterday but my scale would not turn on. I imagine it needs new batteries, but I didn't have any AAAs here.

Maybe it was a sign not to weigh in just yet? Fingers crossed that you see a loss when you do weigh! :flower:

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 10: 124.6 (-2.4 lbs)

Goal 2: 125 by 6/1 - complete

I'm actually 126.8 today, but hubby found out he was leaving in two weeks, so we've been running around trying to get things taken care of... so a lot of eating out these last two days. I know it's not a real gain, just a result of too much sodium, so I'm going with what the scale said earlier this week. :) Goal 2 complete ahead of schedule!

I changed the batteries in the scale and weighed myself this morning. Number is 151.4. I think I had regained about 7 pounds, pretty much everything I have lost since beginning this challenge. I went totally off a while back, but I see that my focus on exercise and healthy eating has made a difference. I am almost back to where I was before I said "to hell with it". I think my Lenten sacrifice of meeting my steps goal as a minimum each day is helping. I am also doing well on the food front. I tend to go off the rails around my period, so I am really going to keep an eye on that this cycle.

During my fattest time I tried on a pair of jeans and could not get them zipped. I tried them on on Saturday and I could zip them up. I didn't wear them because the muffin toppage was terrible, but that's still progress right?

Kat, I am taking a lesson from you and focusing on slow, steady progress instead of hoping for unrealistically quick results.

Ladies, I can literally FEEL myself retaining fluid. It was bad enough that woke me up last night. It is worse for me in the "saddlebags" (hips/upper side thigh). When I poke myself there I get a white spot and little dent hat lasts for ten seconds or so. And my pants zipped up easily this morning but were skin tight in the belly by afternoon. Ugh- the joys of menstruation.

I am so not weighing in tomorrow.

Good luck! I'm a huge fan of the slow and steady approach. A lot of people regain the weight they lose within a few years, because they only focus on the scale/shedding the pounds fast, and not changing the habits that lead to the gain in the first place. Make it a lifestyle change, and the results will come, and you have a better chance of keeping it! Congrats on your pants, it's a sign that you've changed, even if the scale doesn't say so! :happydance:

I feel you. :coffee: I'm a bloated period mess right now, and up almost 4 lbs from last week. Just gotta keep going!

Attachments

• 10346059_759968500741106_2569285560967778520_n.jpg
    10346059_759968500741106_2569285560967778520_n.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
I like that screw the scale thing. I will probably weigh in once or twice a week.

Today I had another instance of formerly-too-tight pants fitting comfortably. Yay!

Woohoo! Yay for progress; just imagine what else will be fitting by summer! :happydance:

I snagged it off one of the fitness pages on Facebook - they're great for when you just need a quick motivation to keep pushing. I love Fit Moms!

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 10: 124.6 (-2.4 lbs)
Week 11: 125.2 (+.6 lbs)

Goal 2: 125 by 6/1 - complete

Considering how much I ate this past week (especially the chocolate cakes from Olive Garden and Ruby Tuesday...mmm), and lack of exercise, I consider this week a victory!

I have so many cute clothes in my closet. Probably 75% of them don't fit. It is annoying and I am mad at myself for letting myself gain so much. But it is exciting when I can put on something that used to be too tight. Looking forward to that happening more and more!

Your numbers are looking great, Kat! OF COURSE you are focusing on other things right now, but clearly you have amped up your metabolism and are maintaining your hot bod.

It's hard, but you can get back to where you used to be! :hugs: Clothes are a good motivator. If you start to feel like you're slipping off track again, go try to put one on and that should help give you a kick again. At least that has been working for me!

Still got 9 more months for this year - plenty of time to get back into your cute clothes! :thumbup:

Have you thought about how you're going to keep accountability once you get to where you want to be again? I didn't even realize how much I gained until I went in for an appointment and they said I weighed 165. I think that was the month I originally joined MFP, even though I didn't stick with it then. :dohh:

Thank you, hun! :hugs:

Man, periods suck! My arrived with a vengeance mid afternoon. Luckily I had gone for a long walk this morning. I have around 1000 steps to get to my daily goal. I tried marching in place and it was so hard! My thighs felt heavy; like I could barely lift them. Dumb bloating.

In other news, my husband and I are going to a gala! We are not really gala-type people. But his supervisor is on the board of directors for a charity, and th company bought two tables, so there we are. It's at the beginning of May. I hope to be down five pounds or so by then. Of course there is no point in weighing myself until my period is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->