New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

Thanks kittehkat. I do run on treadmill for half an hour 4 or 5 times a week and weighted hula hoop for 20 or 30 mins other days... mostly! Seems to help with toning up after baby. I'm also on meal replacement plan. Started on 3 shakes + one balanced meal now on 2 shakes and 2 balanced meals...

I keep well away from scales around af time... hate seeing same number after hard wk of new me plan!

Good luck, Warby! How was your birthday? And cookies, that's a tough one! :haha:

I never even thought of a weighted hula hoop! I bet that is great for the midriff region. :) Although a half hour of it... you're tougher than me, lady!

I jogged during an episode of Criminal Minds earlier and plan to do my dance game once the whirlwind is in bed for the night. Should meet my step goal for the day (at 9k right now)! I'm so ready for spring so I can get outside and run around with DD. (we've been snowed in this week and she hates the snow as much as I do :rofl:)

Another one year difference photo, because I realized that my birthday photo this year is almost the same as last year's, down to wearing a similar color to DD (unplanned). :haha:

Last year's birthday: low 140s, just starting to truly calorie count/exercise consistently
This year's birthday: mid 120s, after consistently calorie counting/exercising for a year

https://digital-kitten.net/images/birthday__difference.png

I think my face is where the fat disappeared from first, so I don't see much difference, but I'm still loving the progress!

I can see a change in pics. Especially in jaw line area and it's hard to tell but there's more of a sparkle in ur eyes!

Big change in ur dd too. What a difference a year makes with them.
(Love the nickname whirlwind. :haha:)

Built up hula hoop from 2 mins to 20 - 30 mins. I do it along with my dd. Gave plenty of bruises until I got used to it. Definitely very good for tum.

Yes, she gained weight and I lost weight, so it worked out perfectly! :haha:

I'm going to have to see if a place around here sells them! I think DD would probably like a kid's hula hoop, and I'd love more exercises I can involve her in. Thanks for the tip! :flower:

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)
Week 3: 128.6 (+.2 lbs)
Week 4: 126.2 (-2.4 lbs)
Week 5: 128.6 (+2.4 lbs)
Week 6: 125.8 (-2.8 lbs)
Week 7: 126.6 (+.8 lbs, just finished period)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

I'm still a little bloated from period fun-ness, so not surprised that I'm up a little bit. It was a good week though, and I've been able to successfully increase the amount of exercise I'm doing. :) Last week also consisted of Valentine's Day and my birthday on top of my period, so the fact I'm only up .8 is a victory! (especially since my family baked me a delicious german chocolate cake that I've been eating all week) :rofl:

After staying the same last week I've lost 3lbs this week. I'm really pleased with myself as that's 12lbs I've lost in since I started a week or so into the new year. With just 9lb to go I'm starting to think about toning the loose stomach muscles.

Well done on the loss! :happydance:

Try planks, they're "easy" to do and great for all over toning, especially the abs!

Hi ladies- I have kinda been avoiding you the last few weeks. I have been having a terrible time. DS got super sick and was throwing everything up for a few days and then I turned around and got his cold.

And to top it off my scale broke so I have just kinda been in limbo. I am hoping to get back on track quickly!

Life happens! Sometimes you just have to roll with it (I had the same problem last fall when hubby got injured at work and I had to take care of him). :flower: Sorry you guys haven't been feeling well! Winter is the worst, gah. :hugs:

Have you been thinking about which type of scale you're going to buy to replace it? I've been dreaming of one of those fancy ones, since the one I have is just a basic digital scale. :blush:

No, I haven't even looked. I have had this one for such a long time. I will probably get a similar one that will allow dh and I to track our weight. I am hoping to go do that this week as a motivator to get back on track.

Hi all.

Krissie, I totally slacked off too. But I got frustrated on Saturday. I was going out "to dinner" (I knew it was my surprise party that I wasn't supposed to have knowledge of), and I wanted to look nice. Well, most of my clothes no longer fit because I have gotten too fat. Shirts don't cover my belly rolls, pants produce muffin top, even my sexy push-up bras don't fit! I managed to put something together and looked decent, I think, but it made me realize how many nice things I have. I want to wear them again!

Last Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and for lent I've decided to get my steps in- that's 10500 minimum per day- every single day. I know that was only 5 days ago, but so far I am doing it. I also gave up cookies. I think this was a good sacrifice for me at this point. I enjoy cookies, but it is easier to say "no cookies", which is one specific treat, versus "no desserts" or "no junk food".

I want to buy one of those aria scales to synch with my fitbit. Too bad they are over $100.

The Aria is the one I keep drooling over! Ebay has them somewhat cheaper, but that's still such a big price tag for a scale... I paid less than that for the Flex! Maybe it'll be a birthday present next year. :haha:

Well done on the steps! I struggle with it during winter, but I'm on day 2 of reaching 10k+. Good luck with the rest of Lent! Are you going to have a big cookie the day after it's over?

I was the same way with my clothes! I packed them away in boxes and moved them with us twice, but they were one of my big motivators to finish losing the weight so I hung onto them. Saved having to spend a lot of money on a new wardrobe as well! It's still early in the year, maybe you'll be back in them for summer. :)

Bought myself some jello no-sugar- added refrigerated pudding cups! They are 50 calories each. The dulce de Leche one has 7 g net carbs, the chocolate mousse has 2. Yum. I have one every night after my kids go to bed (so I don't have to share them). It's nice to have a treat to look forward to, and knowing I can have my pudding makes it easier to say no to other treats.

I have met my step count every day since Ash Wednesday and have. It had any cookies.

Those sound delicious, especially the chocolate one! I may have to see if the store has some next time we go shopping. :) (I'm glad I'm not the only mom that waits to eat a treat after bedtime so there is no sharing!)

Great job on the steps! Have you noticed any differences yet?

Weekly Weigh-In

Week 0: 131
Week 1: 128.4 (-2.6 lbs)
Week 2: 128.4 (-0 lbs, on period)
Week 3: 128.6 (+.2 lbs)
Week 4: 126.2 (-2.4 lbs)
Week 5: 128.6 (+2.4 lbs)
Week 6: 125.8 (-2.8 lbs)
Week 7: 126.6 (+.8 lbs, just finished period)
Week 8: 126 (-.6 lbs)

Goal 1: 129.9 by 2/15 - complete
Goal 2: 125 by 6/1
Goal 3: 120 by 12/31

I've been weighing myself all week - highest weight was 128 at the beginning. Weight fluctuations are crazy!

Hello how is everyone?

I am good - hovering around 155 to 157 at the moment so lost 10lbs since the new year. I have officially now lost all the baby weight from DS (I was 156 when I got pregnant with him) so all the remaining weight is all down to me!

I am feeling much better and all my size 12 clothes from before I became pregnant fit well and I look much better I just need to find the time to tone up and get fit. Its been a manic time working (I have to fit in 14 hours of work at home plus one day in the office a week) and being working overtime so no exercise time but I think once the next two weeks are over it should quieten down

Great job, Quartz! Congrats to being back to pre-pregnancy weight! :happydance: Sorry work is so hectic for you, hopefully it quiets down soon. Yay for clothes fitting again!

I'm weighing myself daily now to just to get used to fluctuations, and today the scale said... 125.4! I'm so excited to almost reach the 40 lb mark. :cloud9:

That is so cool, Quartz and Kitteh.

I think I am going to not weight myself for a while. Two- three weeks or so. I get discouraged when I don't see results on the scale and tend to give up. So I am going to focus on eating healthy and exercising, and hopefully will notice that my clothes fit looser or that my face looks slimmer.

Sounds like a good plan, Warby! :hugs: The scale can be our own worst enemy. The year is still early though, and you have plenty of time to get back on track!

Right I've been so naughty with snacking the last few weeks.
Back to the scales today and a 3 pound gain.
Need my motivation back :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"