New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

So I was looking for a bit of inspiration on starting to diet and get fit after bitting the bullet and getting on the scales yesterday and thought I would join you ladies.

I'm going to start by calorie counting (using my fitness pal) and doing the couch to 5k program. I want to lose a a stone and half but do it gradually so I'm aiming for a lb a week. I'm easing myself into it over the weekend by just tracking what I eat to start properly on Monday when I go back to work.

I'm going to buy some new trainers as mine just are not comfortable and I don't want to use that as an excuse

I did a 5k program last year. When it was finished, I ran 30 minutes nonstop. I also realized that I don't especially like running! But it was good exercise, I might do it again. I used an iPad app called 5k runner.

Welcome!

Food has been good today (even managed to avoid the temptation of angel delight and ice cream which is what DD wants to eat!)

Realised I have three things to work out:

Portion control, eating enough so I am not hungry hours later but not more than that.

Avoiding eating the kids leftovers or food that they want

Wine - so doing Dry January and seeing what effect that has.

Exercise has been rubbish as cant leave the house or have time to exercise. Was hoping to get into it next week when she is at school but not sure when she will be back. Guess its the longhaul though!

So...today I went to buy some new clothes and finally had to admit to myself that I have gone up a clothes size. I am a bit gutted and decided not to buy any new clothes until I lost the weight to fit into my current clothes. I will weigh myself tomorrow and need to look at my diet. Today I have tried to eat healthily which has resulted in me being very hungry. I need some good snack ideas and have been taking inspiration from slimming world food plans.

Hi! I'm getting married in August and looking to lose some (a lot) of weight. I'm currently 13 stone and need to be 10 stone to be a healthy weight. I'm not expecting to lose it all by the wedding but hopefully as much as I can.

I'm planning to eat better, homemade food and start exercising.

It's great to have so many in this group. Yay!

Today I went for a 40 minute walk. Then this afternoon we went ice skating as a family. I was really looking forward to it (skating on a frozen mountain like is a quintessential Canadian activity), but we either brought the wrong skates for me, or my feet have really grown lately. My skates were so tight and uncomfortable, I only skated for around 15 minutes. But I put my boots on and ran around with my family. My step count right now is 9849, and it is only 3:15 pm. I am going to make my goal today!

Food wise, what's worked for me in the past is to limit carbohydrates (especially starches) and get more protein.

Breakfast: two cups coffee, Turkey sausage, an egg, some raspberries.
Lunch: Turkey vegetable soup.
Snack: two slices cheese, tea

One of the health things I do well is I drink plenty of water throughout the day.

I'm sure you're all dying to know what I ate for supper. :) We had prime rib (the in-laws feed us awfully well when we visit), mashed potatoes, gravy, salad and green beans. I had lots of beef, salad and beans and just a small spoonful of potatoes. And no dessert- it is the Rice Krispie squared again and I really want one.

Met my step goal for today, yay!

Count me in. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning.
Going to try and fit a good walk in tomorrow if it's dry and back to the gym on Monday.
Eek dreading stepping on those scales! :argh:

I avoided the scale for the longest time. I didn't want to know. I knew I had gained (my clothes were all too tight, I looked fat), but I didn't want to see the number. It was a rough wake-up call but hey, those numbers will go down, right?

We are here at the in-laws until Sunday afternoon, so I will weigh myself Monday morning.

does anyone have any good snack ideas for at home and at work? Im finding this the hardest! oh and breakfast ideas for workdays please! I dont like porridge and am not sure i will have time for cooking.

I haven't even started yet! I need to go shopping and stock up on healthy stuff as there's nothing in. I had a Pizza Hut for lunch today as I was shopping in Liverpool but all the walking around means I've done 13,000 steps so that's something at least.

So I stepped on the scale yesterday and came in at 131 exactly, so that's a 3 lb gain over the last couple of months. Honestly, I'm ecstatic because I want to maintain within a 5 lb range of my current weight, so I succeeded! Fridays are my weigh in days. New goals for the year:

Starting weight: 165
Current weight: 131
Goal 1 by 2/15: 129.9
Goal 2 by 6/1: 125
Goal 3 by 12/31: 120

I had Pizza Hut too for the past three days, but have stayed under 1400calories. I could never follow clean eating. :haha: I'm joining you on the dry January thing, Quartz! Next week's project is getting back on the exercise wagon. It's just too easy to relax when hubby is home all day.

missk1989: My favorite snack is a protein bar (Nature Valley Protein Bar - Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate is my favorite), and the one I eat comes in under 200 calories. I also like hard boiled eggs. Try to find things packed with protein so you'll stay full longer. :)

Omg I really want pizza hut now!

I like to snack on plain on Greek yogurt. High in protein and also a good source of calcium. I also like pepperoni sticks and string cheese.

This morning I took the dog for a walk (usually DH does it). Walking for 20 mins racked up 2000 steps! Im hoping to hit 10000 a day so will try to keep it up. A good start to food today, grilled (lean) bacon and tomatoes with mushrooms on wholemeal toast.

Off to walk around ikea to wrack up some more steps.

Well I weighed myself and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I'd lost a stone earlier in the year (last year) and really thought I'd put it all back on! But I'd only gained a pound from the weight I'd last wrote down!
So one stone to go.

What are you all using to count your steps? :flower:

does anyone have any good snack ideas for at home and at work? Im finding this the hardest! oh and breakfast ideas for workdays please! I dont like porridge and am not sure i will have time for cooking.

I don't like milk so breakfast is always hard for me. I'm making some homemade gronola to have with some fruit compote and fat free youghurt. It can all be made in advance and is surprisingly low in calories if you control the portion size.

Well I started the day off well drinking water and went for a half hour walk. Now I've just ate too many Pringles (not the whole tub luckily)
Argh I need to do a food shop ASAP

Well I weighed myself and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I'd lost a stone earlier in the year (last year) and really thought I'd put it all back on! But I'd only gained a pound from the weight I'd last wrote down!
So one stone to go.

What are you all using to count your steps? :flower:

Congrats! Isn't it an amazingly relieved feeling? :haha:

I use a Fitbit Flex; just strap it on my wrist and continue about my day. There are a variety of activity trackers now though, from the basic cheap ones to the fancy ones with more features.

Hi can join please I am aim to lose 29lbs.

I am just eating healthier and moving more!

My first goal is for my aunties wedding because I am best woman!

So my aim is:

Lose 19lbs by the 16th may...which will bring my weight down to 129lbs (9st 3lbs)

Welcome Fallen!

I also have a fitbit flex and I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->