New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

Good job Kitteh Kat! When I wa on mat leave it was always so tempting to just sit down and relax while the LOs napped. Good for you for exercising!

Hi, can I join?? I have a journal but would like other ladies to get fit with :) My name's Amanda, I'm 25, and trying to lose 25 lbs. I'm 10 lbs away from a healthy BMI, so my first goal is to lose those 10! I am on MyFitnessPal and use a Fitbit Flex, as I see several of you do as well :)

I am doing much better today. Walked from work to town (car still not back) and will be shortly walking to the supermarket which is a 30 minute walk to get my much needed fruit and veg.

Food wise I am doing well but I am hungry!

I am on MyFitnessPal and use a Fitbit Flex, as I see several of you do as well :)

If you want another friend let me know! :)

Didn't get around to exercising today, but I'm under calorie goal. :happydance:

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: grilled chicken salad
Dinner: pinto beans and rice
Snacks: biscuit with a little Nutella, some croutons and ranch dressing (my guilty pleasure), tea with sugar, Hershey's miniature bar
Water: 11 glasses

Can I join? Looking to lose 50lbs. I also use a Fitbit Charge if anyone wants to be buddies on there!

Hi ladies, would love to join your group, it's so motivating to read all your efforts (Warby love the self discipline with the fries and rice crispie squares - those are def weaknesses for me too).
I lost 70 lbs 2 years ago, did 4 failed IVF cycles and managed to gain 20. I never did reach my goal bmi (18-20) so I'm back wanting to lose 30. I've tried again and again to lose these last 30 and I always seem to get derailed (another IVF cycle anyone?) Well now we're on the adoption list so I can have my sanity back. I've lost 5 lbs since the new year (prob water weight but I'll take it). It'll take 20 lbs for me to fit into all my fav clothes again but 30 for me to be really happy to reach my goal.

Fav healthy snacks: hard boiled eggs, jerky, yogurt (my rule is protein has to be higher than carb count), small quantities of nuts,, sugar snap peas.

I'm on fitday.com.

Welcome newbies!

We always have something in the slow cooker for supper on Tuesdays. Yesterday, be had beef barley soup and it wa so healthy! I put in chopped onions, carrots and celery, frozen green beans, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, no-salt-added beef stock, leftover roast beef, barley and spices. Yum! And good for me, with all those veggies. I didn't add very much broth so it is quite thick, almost like a stew. Just finished the leftovers for lunch.

I wondered: does anyone take vitamins or minerals? When I remember I take a multivitamin and an omega 3 pill.

Sounds delicious! I keep meaning to look up soup recipes so I can utilize my crockpot more, but I always forget. :haha:

I take B12 and a prenatal, just in case I randomly decide I'm ready for the next baby. One-a-day multivitamins always made my stomach upset, but I was taking those before switching to prenatals with my last pregnancy. I log them on MyFitnessPal for the day so I remember to take them (otherwise I forget).

I'm having a bad day today. It was going fine until this afternoon turned into a gaint pile of stress. Now all I want to do is attack the biscuit tin and stay sitting on the sofa. I should be going for a run but it's pouring with rain!

Welcome newbies!

We always have something in the slow cooker for supper on Tuesdays. Yesterday, be had beef barley soup and it wa so healthy! I put in chopped onions, carrots and celery, frozen green beans, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, no-salt-added beef stock, leftover roast beef, barley and spices. Yum! And good for me, with all those veggies. I didn't add very much broth so it is quite thick, almost like a stew. Just finished the leftovers for lunch.

I wondered: does anyone take vitamins or minerals? When I remember I take a multivitamin and an omega 3 pill.
Just heard a commentator on CBC radio saying that soup is a great way to lose weight. Her New Years goal was to lose weight & spend less on food lol:thumbup:

I take vit B12 as it seems to give me so much energy.
Vit D in liquid form to stave off depression.
I've started taking B6 to help get rid of fats in my system. My doc has me on this every time I diet.
I've also been on folic acid and iron as I've had alot of hair loss doing the rounds of IVF.

Kaybaby sorry to hear you're having a crappy day. Hope things get better soon, hang in there!

I'm having a bad day today. It was going fine until this afternoon turned into a gaint pile of stress. Now all I want to do is attack the biscuit tin and stay sitting on the sofa. I should be going for a run but it's pouring with rain!

Hugs hon, I am totally a stress eater too so I get it. Sometimes I can stay away from the treats by chewing gum. Sometimes nothing works.

Just heard a commentator on CBC radio saying that soup is a great way to lose weight. Her New Years goal was to lose weight & spend less on food lol:thumbup:

Hey I think I heard that too! Julie van rosen Dal? I am a big CBC fan.

Went to Costco today. Loaded up on berries and fresh veggies- asparagus, beans, snap peas, zucchini. Was mad that they did not have turkey pepperoni. I love that stuff for snacking on- high in protein, low in fat and carbs.

When and how often will people weigh in? I think I will weigh in twice a week. Since we started this resolution on Thursday Jan 1, I think I will weigh in on Thursdays and Mondays.

Mmmmm I love asparagus!!

I weigh in every day, mostly out of habit. I understand it's "unhealthy" mentally to do that, but I like the peace of mind! So 2 days a week to weigh in and log sounds good to me!

Today was a decent day food-wise for me, except I didn't make time to eat lunch...it's so hard to eat 3 meals a day sometimes!

Got an email from Groupon that said that today was my last day to use a 15% off discount code. So I looked to see if there was anything good, and there was a deal for a facial and pedicure at a very nice spa. With the discount, it came to around $85 for both. This is what I will get:
The TEYE Facial Experience includes a facial cleanse, exfoliation, steam and extractions (as required), facial mask, facial massage, and moisture treatment. Our estheticians will complete a skin care consultation with you, provide home-care recommendations and answer any questions you may have.
Signature Pedicure- This treatment starts with a warm soak in a mineral bath, followed by an intensive sloughing of dry and calloused skin. Relax while you enjoy a gentle foot massage, expert nail care and colour application. A true treat for your feet!

I've decided that when I reach my first goal of ten pounds lost, I will book this for myself. :)

I'm going to have to check and see if the grocery store here has some turkey pepperoni! And that's a lovely reward for reaching first goal. :)

I plan to weigh in every Friday (before the weekend temptations), and just log the new weight.

It's so cold here and I have no energy to exercise. So ready for summer to get back so I can run around outside! I was under calorie goal though, so that's the main thing. I had hubby make some hard-boiled eggs to snack on after reading this thread. :haha:

I'm planning on weighing myself every week (Sunday)
I will probably end up weighing myself more often though.

Finding it hard to limit the chocolate arghh

I'm in a 90 day group challenge that weighs in every Friday. I weigh myself everyday though, not good - I know.

Warby yes it was Julie :haha:

I got some steak jerky and those little Turkey pepperonis at Costco yesterday, less carbs/sugar than the jerky! I also like Miracle noodles when I'm in a pasta craving phase, pasta bloats me & packs on the weight so that's my cheat. Put one of those flavoured cans of tuna (Thai flavour or sesame peanut) or some parmesean cheese and bam a quickie lunch (what I'm having today).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->