New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

So I did it! Bought new trainers this afternoon and went running this evening. I think my legs are going to hurt in the morning but I now I've started something I hate to give it up before I reach my goal which is be able to run 5k.

I've struggled to eat enough calories today according to my fitness pal. I even treated myself to a biscuit. I don't get how I'm short of calories? I'm not hungry and don't want to eat for the sake of eating but is it bad to be under or is occasionally a couple of hundred under ok? It says I need to eat 1280 plus what ever I excersise off every. It's what I excerised off that I'm short by. Should I look at it as the whole week as I might go over later in the week?

Good job! :)

You can always save those extra calories for later, it's what I usually do when I know I'm going to have a calorie heavy day at some point in the week. For the exercise calories, MFP usually over-estimates the calorie burn, so it's recommended to only eat 50-75% of them back just to be safe. If you're really worried, eat a bit of calorie dense food like peanut butter (or in my case, Nutella). There are a bunch of calories in even just a tablespoon of it! And unless you're weighing and measuring everything you eat, you've probably underestimated what you've had to eat, so you should be good (I try to log more than what I actually eat to make up for the fact I'm too lazy to weigh/measure for accuracy). :flower:

I have been using a nike fuel band to track steps. I was quite a bit down actually despite walking the dog twice and walking round ikea.

Im struggling a little food wise as I cannot get to the supermarket to buy healthy snacks as my car is knackered and in the garage. This means all we have around is chocolate from xmas and some fruit which try as i do I cannot satisfy my hunger.

I'd love to join up with ye if that's ok. I'm 3 months post baby and have a least 26 lbs to lose. Starting on celebrity slim shakes tomorrow. They're a meal replacement thing, 3 shakes + one balanced meal a day. Only doing it for 2 weeks to kick start it all. Hooe to start Davina dvd and treadmill for exercise. Stuck indoors a lot with baby as weather is so bad!

So I did it! Bought new trainers this afternoon and went running this evening. I think my legs are going to hurt in the morning but I now I've started something I hate to give it up before I reach my goal which is be able to run 5k.

Good job on the run! I like to think of muscle aches as fat and weakness leaving my body.

I have been using a nike fuel band to track steps. I was quite a bit down actually despite walking the dog twice and walking round ikea.

Im struggling a little food wise as I cannot get to the supermarket to buy healthy snacks as my car is knackered and in the garage. This means all we have around is chocolate from xmas and some fruit which try as i do I cannot satisfy my hunger.

It is tough to eat healthy with all those treats around. I hope you can get groceries soon! :flower:

Hi Graceyous, welcome! :hi:

I had no problem eating lightly today. Breakfast was eggs and two pieces of bacon, coffee and water. Then we drove home from the in-laws and I got carsick, as I sometimes do. I didn't throw up but felt queasy and gross. We stopped at McDonald's where I had a side salad with a bit of balsamic dressing and a cup of peppermint test. Got home, still felt yucky. Didn't eat supper. This is not "dieting", I know it is not healthy to skip meals.

Tomorrow I will weigh in for the first time since starting this diet on Janary 1. If I have lost two pounds or more I am treating myself to a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte.

I'd love to join up with ye if that's ok. I'm 3 months post baby and have a least 26 lbs to lose. Starting on celebrity slim shakes tomorrow. They're a meal replacement thing, 3 shakes + one balanced meal a day. Only doing it for 2 weeks to kick start it all. Hooe to start Davina dvd and treadmill for exercise. Stuck indoors a lot with baby as weather is so bad!

Welcome we have roughly the same to lose! :thumbup:

Hi Graceyous, welcome! :hi:

I had no problem eating lightly today. Breakfast was eggs and two pieces of bacon, coffee and water. Then we drove home from the in-laws and I got carsick, as I sometimes do. I didn't throw up but felt queasy and gross. We stopped at McDonald's where I had a side salad with a bit of balsamic dressing and a cup of peppermint test. Got home, still felt yucky. Didn't eat supper. This is not "dieting", I know it is not healthy to skip meals.

Tomorrow I will weigh in for the first time since starting this diet on Janary 1. If I have lost two pounds or more I am treating myself to a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte.

Don't be too hard on your self it doesn't show two pounds it's only been 5 days recommended weigh in times is every 7 days :flower: x

Thanks Fallen & Warby. I'm not going to weight in til next Monday. So of o can manage to stick to diet ill hopefully see nice drop on the scales to give me another boost. Finally all the edible chocolate and sweets are gone from house after Christmas so even if im tempted there's nothing in the cupboards!

I weighed in today and it was 152.2. Yay! I know a bunch of that is just water ( and on Dec 31 I ate crap all day so was bloated), but this is a step in the right direction!

Yes I've been shopping!!! No more excuses :happydance:

I weighed in today and it was 152.2. Yay! I know a bunch of that is just water ( and on Dec 31 I ate crap all day so was bloated), but this is a step in the right direction!

Did you weigh first thing in the morning? That's what I always do :flower:

Congrats! A loss is still a loss :)

Did you weigh first thing in the morning? That's what I always do :flower:

Yes, naked after peeing! :)

thats a 3/4lb loss isnt it that is really good Warby.

Doing ok here although realised when I made dinner today I had not cooked since DD had chicken pox. They have all scabbed over now so she can go off to school so can get some exercise done as well.

What do you do about everyone else - no one else in the family needs to diet so at the moment just doing smaller portions. Must stop eating the kids leftovers as well.

Dry January is going well - no temptation to drink with ill people in the house though. No coffee either (just tea I cant give it up completely)

Hello can I join you lot please?! Just started today. I'm following slimming world and day 1 has gone well :) want to lose about a stone maybe a bit more by summer!

Hi Blah 11, welcome!

Today was a pretty good day for me.

Breakfast: blackberries, pineapple, greek yogurt, coffee, water.
Lunch: salad (field greens, raspberries, little bit of skim milk mozzarella, almonds), water, beef jerky.
Supper: pork tenderloin, broccoli, little bit of rice.

Also got in 40 minutes of walking. Am at 11399 steps and it is not quite 7 pm. It will probably be a 13k day! :)

Great job with the step count! :)

I was able to sneak in 40 minutes of exercising during DD's nap, which is a start. Been able to stay under calorie goal as well! :happydance:

Breakfast: coffee :coffee:
Lunch: grilled chicken salad
Dinner: homemade mac n cheese with broccoli
Snacks: biscuit, some chocolate that MIL sent with the Xmas gifts (it's a good thing I exercised today before the package arrived), tea with sugar
Water: 12 glasses and counting

Good luck with Tuesday, everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"