Newbie after advice

bebe

Reaction score
Ok, So I kind of feel like a cheat as I have been reading the posts on here for a while and thought I should pluck up the courage to join in rather than just observe. I am on my second month of TTC after an implanon removal. I decided to use the Clearblue digi OPK. I had a 28 day cycle last month and according to the instructions I Should start testing today. I actually did the first one yesterday and it was negative, surprise surprise. Today's was positive and has shocked me a bit. Does this mean I will definitely OV?? Is it unusual to get a positive so early? I am CD 11 today.

afraid i don't know about the digi but i know people can ovulate at unexpected times so make sure you get your BD in just in case it's right...you should then get AF (if you don't conceive!) 12-16 days after ovulation in which case you'll know that was right, but perhaps you should keep testing a bit longer for this cycle in case and carry on with the BD. i haven't used a digi, but are you sure it's positive not just an increase in hormones as i know on normal dipstick opk's you gotta get a line as dark or darker to be positive so don't know if its a similar principal for the digi in that it may be giving you a warning of build up to ovulation but if you keep testing it'll give a definate positive?

i don't know...perhaps www.peeonastick.com has ideas or i'm sure someone else passing through can help much more than my waffling! lol
x

I would BD for the next few days and keep testing until it is negative again. Good luck x

Hi Honey, Ive used a digi before - its where you get a smiley face isnt it. If yu got one then you are due to ovulate in the next 48 hours, so get BDing right away!!! lol. Ov at day 13 in a 28 day cycle is very normal, take care babe xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

That's exciting! Best to call in sick to work and stay in bed! Ha!

good luck hun...u shud defo start charting aswell on fertilityfriend its grt....stick here 4 the forum like!!! x x x

Thanks to all for your advice. It is the digi one with the smiley face. I was glad I started testing a day earlier then they suggested as if I didn't have the negative one yesterday I definitely would not have believed the positive one today. Should I test again tomorrow?

Sorry tansey, just seen that you said I should keep testing. If I get a negative tomorrow what would that mean? How long does the LH surge last?

I agree, keep testing :)

Once you get a pos, like you did, you'll probably ov in the next 48hrs (8-48hrs is the range I think depending on the test). So start:sex:

If you get another pos on the next test, it just means your LH surge is still going, not a drama. Many people do. You'll prob ov soon (or poss already?). Unless you're getting pos for many days running, it's not a problem.

If it's a negative, it could mean that your surge is over and ov has happened/about to.

Alternatively, sometimes people get pos OPKs, then don't ov for a range of reasons (illness, stress, randon), and in that case, you could get another pos in a few days, when your body gives it another shot, which is why you should keep testing.

Taking temps is a good way to check if your body ov'd as you see a litle temp dip, then rises. Fertilityfriend.com is good for this

Good luck :)

Hello
I just found this website and joined right away.
I am trying for a baby. Hope this is the right place to post this...

I am getting very strong pains again..like really bad period cramps, and I feel a bit sicky, and bloated.
I got these symptoms about a week ago...but the next day it went away...well the next night it went away.

So I thought, I can't be pregnant.

Now i am getting strong pains..and it's really bad..so I took 2 Tylenol that I got off Ebay ( was told me this is the only safe pain killer to take if/while pregnant )
Anyway..I have been looking up when is the earliest you can take a pregnancy test.
The pain was so strong..I just went and took another test...it was negative..again..ok I'm way too early..but I wanted to see if there was a slight chance..and I still have 2 sticks left.

What I wanted to ask..and hope it's okmind...is there more or less of a chance getting pregnant if you have sex while you have your period?
I don't normally have sex when I have my period..but since my boyfriend is not grossed out by a bit of blood..we did it once when I had my period. BUT....it was a bit painful..which surprised me...why would that be? At the top of my `vagina` (hate that word!) is where it hurt.
Then after my period was done..we did it again..and it still hurt a bit like before.
Do you know what that could be?

My period is due next Friday ( 7 days from now )...so it's a bit early for period cramps...I would normally start to get cramps...4-3 days before a period is due.

I took some Rennie tablets..as I thought it could indigestion...as your tummy is close to your fallopian tubes ..you know where you would get period pains...not I guess it's not indigestion.

I'm also worried..if I'm *not* pregnant.. then what are these pains just like a bad period cramp....? I'm worried there could be something wrong with me...

If I am pregnant this time (insery very happy face )...then those pains...could they be an egg fertilising? ...it must be a MASSIVE egg..as the pain is quite bad! LOL

thanks for your help...
Ps I want a baby more than anything, and so does my very long term boyfriend..it would be our first baby : )

xxxx

Thanks for the advice I guess I keep testing today and see what happens.

So I tested again today and it was negative does that mean I o'd or not? Am confused I was cd 11 when I got my pos opk??

So I tested again today and it was negative does that mean I o'd or not? Am confused I was cd 11 when I got my pos opk??

There's no easy answer :dohh: Don't you just love all the guessing....?!

You PROBABLY ovulate within 48hrs of a pos test (or less), but sometimes not (illness, random failure to ov, random LH surge). You could possibly still ov later in your cycle. You got a CD11 pos, so let's say you ov on 12. That's within the normal range :) Do you get an ov pain/pressure? The reason I started temping was to try and confirm my ov with a temp dip and sustained rise.

The digis are expensive I know, but I would still keep testing just to check. Lots of people go to sites like www.babywishes.com or www.peeonastick.com to order the 'internet cheapies', which are still pretty good. If you decide not to keep testing, you could just keep BDing every second day?

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->