Newbie had my baby at 26+2 what a roller coaster of emotions

sorry to hear about the o2 but like 25 weeker said try not to stress and enjoy your LO.
@ 25 weeker YEAHHHH
Holly is almost 1 year way to goooo:thumbup:

Hi, thanks for your messages. We met with the surgeons and he will have his op next month. I'm extremely stressed about it, after coming home from hospital and now going back and being told he may not get off the ventilator quick. We had a few issues with his np2 formula, Aaryan was not tolerating the powder so we had to switch to liquid but then the go deemed it too expensive. After lots of persuasion and a few disagreements they finally reconsidered as we explained it's only for a few months. He has been gaining steady weight so that's a big positive. I'm loving him being home its the best.

Congratulations on the birth of your son. My son was born at 23 wks and 4 days...and yes its been a rollercoaster. He was 10 weeks on a vent as he kept failing extubation until boxing day and then he went from vent to nasal cannula in 2 days. He still needs 0.01-0/02 during feeds but has started breathing in air - he is 37 weeks equivalent today. He had PDA surgery which they termed as a drive thru operation! Maybe for medical professionals but not for parents!! He bounced back in a couple of days which amazed us...such fortitude these babies. Hope all turns out ok for you.

Hi everyone it's been a long time since I've posted on my Aaryan he has been doing well. His hernia has not been showing much and he is not finding it a problem so we can delay his surgery and if he is very lucky they say the muscle can repair itself. O2 wise no fantastic he is still on it but according to the community nurse he could be off anytime this month or next. To be honest I'm quite used to the oxygen now! It's definitely been quite a roller coaster of emotions but slowly and surely we are getting there. Food wise it's going good having it 3 times a day and milk is now 4 times. Can't believe it's coming up to a year now 9th of July to be precise. Would really like to keep in touch with you guys I mainly use facebook so please feel free to add me Bhavisha lathigra that's my I'd. Take care and lots of love to all our babies x

congratulations on your little man. I pray he gets better with each passing day!

congrats.

My DD was born on June 24 at 25+3 weeks wighing 1lb 05and luckly she is breathing on her own since then.
The NICU can be stressful but nowadays it all end very well. Those baby grow up just like other...
Your little one will be just fine.:hugs:

Thanks all! Yes it's still raw remembering those
times but we have got through it. Up until now his consultant has said he is developing fine but not gaining enough weight, we are still using np2.

glad to hear all is well my 1 year anniversary is also coming up time really flies by

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->