Newbie here, TTC #2 aged 36

Oh wow, congratulations chelli :yipee: you must be about 4-5 weeks then!! Woohoo!

I had my scan today, all looked normal and the heartbeat was very clear, although the baby was a little small like rowan said hers is. Mind you, this happened with Sidney so I'm not too alarmed. Going back on the 11th for another look :flower:

Hey dan-o I'm really glad your scan went well and I'm sure your bean being small is nothing to worry about.

They really are all different. Really I know mine was measuring big at my scan as I know I didn't get my dates a week out.

Although that said i'm still taking the extra week - especially as that extra week puts me in second tri today. Whoop whoop :happydance: xx

congratulations chelli :)

yey dan o so glad babys all good and HB - lets hope our poppets do some serious growing!

yey for 2nd tri starlight x

Thank you ladies :) I said i was feeling positive about this cycle :happydance:
Send me lots of sticky glue for this one :) x

Oh Chelli I'm so happy for you - congratulations!!! :happydance: Sorry for my delayed congrats, I somehow managed to unsubscribe myself from the thread without realising and searched it to ask for an update from you!

This thread is proving to be quite fruitful isn't it?!

Congrats on seeing your LO's heartbeat dan-o :baby:

Starlight - I have a little theory, and going by my theory you will be having a boy this time... a little brother for Maia :cloud9: My dates were moved forward at my 12 week scan both times by 4/5 days and I know my original dates were correct going by my Ov. My theory is that boy swimmers are faster than girl swimmers so if your date is moved forward a lot, chances are its because that boy did a couple of very fast lengths! (Either that or your dates were messed up haha!).

Thank you Everything! It's still not sank in yet i don't think :) but i am feeling quite excited if a little worried obviously, but trying not to let worrying about MC spoil this 1st Tri for me- it will be good when i get past the 9 week mark i think- mentally anyway!

Dan-o- sorry, in my excitement i didn't realise you had your scan and saw the heartbeat! I am so happy for you! :hugs: and i didnt realise how close together in weeks we were either!

Ive not actually been to the doctors yet- i am in the process of changing GP's as my current one is completely vile and i have no relationship with him at all (unless you consider wanting to slap him continuously a relationship ;) )
I will get organised tho!

I have some slight nausea still, especially at certain smells and my bbs are so so painful. I am really tired, can barely make it to the afternoon without a snooze so I am taking this all as a good sign.

It's my birthday next week ladies- the OH is taking me away for the week, and is spoiling me with a day at a spa , bless he even made sure he told them so they can sort out treatments for mum to be!

This thread has been quite fruitful it seems and i am positive that the other ladies will be posting their BFP soon enough :)

Hope you all have a great week- i will be stalking if not posting as i will only have my phone and the reception where we are going is rubbish.

Oh and did i mention, that all being well, according to my calculations i'll be due on/around the 28th April?

I may have mentioned it already lol but just in case :happydance:

Lol Everything, we will see if your theory is right in approx 6 weeks :thumbup:

Congrats again Chelli, so happy for you :) x

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around for a while... glad to come back to some fantastic news!! Congratulations Chelli :happydance:

Really good to hear you saw your bubba's HB, dan-o, that's another big hurdle cleared :cloud9: hopefully you can enjoy things much more now xxx

Also great news about your bubba too, Rowan x

Starlight, second tri, that is just mental!!! And Everything, halfway already??? Where does the time go? Hope you ladies are keeping well and healthy. Hope the funeral goes ok, Starlight, and that your news comes out in the right way at the right time (I think you just have to go with the flow - there may be an opportune moment in a quiet corner with close family where you feel it's right and appropriate, or there might not... as you say if there has been any bad feeling etc best not to give anyone any more excuse to argue / bitch).

As mentioned before, we are trying to take a break from the stress of TTC - neither of us has mentioned ovulation, fertile times, getting pregnant or anything of that ilk, and it's actually been really nice. I haven't poas, checked cm or cp or anything and have tried to resist counting days on the calendar. Don't like not knowing when af might come, but other than that it's definitely doing me good. I'm also trying to lose the last stubborn stone in weight, so I'd actually rather not be pregnant for a couple of months (oh, I can't believe I just typed that - that body-clock part of my brain is screaming "nooooo!"). Hopefully we will continue NTNP until Jan when we will be back on the TTC wagon.

Certainly is a fruitful thread, the awful thing is I'm starting to wonder if I'll be the last mouldy plum at the bottom of the bowl :haha: Captain, I am keeping everything crossed that your BFP will be in the next month or two and then I will be swiftly following it up in January with one of my own after I've de-stressed!

Take care all and looking forward to checking in again soon xxx

Oh Hinky! There are no mouldy plums on this thread, only BFPs in the making! :hugs: We will all make it!

If you read back a few pages, I'm sure it was Rowan who said she'd decided not to TTC any more and then - bang! - BFP! I sooo hope we have a similar story from you.

I am lucky to have made it across, but I shed a fair few tears getting here and I know what you're going through. The month I conceived, I actually didn't tell OH the day I got my positive OPK because I felt like it was putting too much pressure on him, even if subconsciously. I told him it was positive the next day so I could get 2 days of jiggy jiggy in a row out of him, just in case my eggy was still hanging about!! :haha:

Good to hear from you Hinky and glad NTNP is doing you good :flower:

The funeral went really well thank you. It was really nice (well, as far as funerals can be nice iykwim?) and it turns out my dilemma wasn't really a dilemma. My mum had already spread the word even though the news was meant to stay between us for a while :shrug:

Everyone was really happy for us and came over to congratulate us which was surreal but at least it saved us any awkwardness.

Maia had to come with us as we live away from my family and we had no one to look after her. She was amazingly good and I think her being there helped to make people smile a bit too xxx

Hi ladies, how is everyone? :wave:

Thought I'd tell you about what just happened! I told Fin we'd go to the park earlier before his nap. Got his shoes on, stood at the door, felt in my back pocket... no house key. Looked round the hall table but nowhere to be seen. Fin cried cos he wanted to go to the park, took him out on the garden instead. Looked everywhere for my key, even rang swimming to see if I lost it there yesterday. Was meant to be meeting a friend after lunch. Rearranged to 3pm when OH would be home. OH left work early, got me a new key cut. Sorted, phew!

... Just nipped to the loo, my usual middle-of-the-night wee. Felt a funny sensation on my back, thought maybe a weird pregnancy thing. Next thing, distinct sound of metal hitting porcelain. And there it is... my house key in the toilet!! Fin had put it under the covers, I got into bed in the dark so hadn't seen it. Didn't feel it, but I was obviously laid on it in the night and it stuck to my back!! Haha!

Sorry for long post ladies, it just tickled me. Can't believe how much it affected our day, all because our little rascal is... a little rascal! :haha:

lmao :) oh you have to laugh!!! bless you :) kids are funny arent they :)

well we just got back from scan - baby is brill :) so so so glad and so so relieved! 20mm and martha was 21mm at same stage yey! so am feeling hopeful :) so will wait til 12 week nhs scan now - eek! we may be having another baby :)

were going on hols to a log cabin tmro with family so were going to tell them as it would seem pretty wierd that im not drinking, am feeling sick and in pjs by 4pm and cant go in hot tub etc

oh im so relieved - please keep on growing well poppet - baby was very cute :)

just need to face my fear of midwives now....had such a dreadul time with martha - but am going to go to a different hospital which has a better reputation and to be fair the consultants and theatre staff were amazing it was the mw that were the problem ignoring drs recommendations and also ignoring me and dh - but they cant all be bad can they? deep breath rowan...

ah ntnp is brill - then it feels like a happy suprise if it happenns....it was the ltttc (and mw) that was putting me off ttc so the fall by accident is such a luxury and probs the only way I would have another lo tbh :)

keeping my fingers crossed!!

starlight glad funeral went as well as it could and that people were pleased with your news x

Hello Ladies! .... well i expected to come back from my holiday with pages to catch up with but it appears that youve all gone quiet!

Hope your all well.

everything- I LOL when i read about your missing key and where you found it!

Hinky- Your not an old prune hun! It will happen. NTNP route does work for some and its less pressure on yourself. Fingers crossed you get your bfp soon :hugs:

Well I can't believe how tired i am- i'm a bit of a night owl normally but i can barely make it passed 10pm at the moment. Regular bouts of nausea but no actual sickness! That is not a complaint either.
I'm still not sure if it has totally sunk in to be honest. I'll be glad when i get passed the 9 week mark, silly really when it can still happen after :wacko: still i'm aiming on being positive!

My first sober Birthday i think last week lol, bloody hell i'm 37! had a great time and im glad i was away as i got no "why no alcohol" comments...

anyway enough about me......come on ladies, dont leave me..... catch up!! x

I'm glad your scan went well Rowan :happydance:

It's good to hear from you too Chelli. I know what you mean about getting to 9 weeks. I felt so much better when I passed the point where I MC last time, which was really only half way to 13 weeks and relative safety. Oh, and happy birthday :)

I'm 15 weeks today and doing fine. I have a physio appointment for my pelvic pain next week which I'm hoping will bring a bit of relief but also not complaining :)

I think I've been feeling the first flutters of my beanie moving the last few days too :happydance: The only thing putting doubts in my head is that I'm still quite early on, but they do say that you sometimes feel movement earlier the second time around (and I definitely don't have any muscle tone in my abs whatsoever these days :blush:

In other news my other baby is officially a real toddler now. All I've had all night tonight is 'mine mine mine'. Everything, even the bath mat :haha:

Hope all you other ladies are ok and hope to hear from you soon x

15 weeks already? my that has passed quick! and yes i'll be glad when i get passed my 9 weeks too, i don't think i'm really letting myself get into this pregnancy until i'm over that mark- tho my symptoms are many- the nausea seems to be getting worse- and yet i can't stop eating!! lol

I'm trying not to get to mental over feeling the odd cramp sensation :wacko:

Can i ask you what pelvic pain youve been having?
and i remember my neice getting to the mine mine mine stage- in fact she is still in it lol

Well i really hope everyone is ok- its been so quiet in here. Ive not really been in a chatting mood myself, but hope you can all catch up soon xx

I think all your symptoms can only be a good sign Chelli :thumbup:

I'm getting PGP (pelvic girdle pain). The ligaments that support the pelvis soften up during pregnancy to enable childbirth but sometimes if your ligaments go too soft it can lead to pain. For me it's in the back of my pelvis and my right hip.

I had it in third tri when I was pregnant with Maia but its started much earlier this pregnancy which apparently is normal. Hope the physio will fix it anyway :)

Yes I hope everyone else is ok too. I keep checking for updates but everyone has gone quiet x

Hey ladies :wave:

Rowan that's great news about your scan :thumbup: I bet your family were really excited to hear Martha is gonna be a big sister? I had some great midwives when I had Fin so there are definitely some good ones out there, hopefully you will have more luck this time around x

Starlight! :happydance: Aww you're feeling your baby move, yaay!! I don't think it's too early at all, I was definitely feeling baby at your stage. He kicked against my hand at 16 weeks and hubby's hand at 17 weeks :cloud9:

Chelli cramps are completely normal (although unnerving!) and your other symptoms are good. Sounds like baby is bedding in nicely. Not long until you pass that 9 week milestone... I actually heard that the risks are lower after 7 weeks because most chromosomal problems would have already caused a MC by then x

It has been a bit quiet here recently. I feel a little uneasy posting my pregnancy stuff in what is essentially a TTC thread. I really want to hear everyone's news though... I would suggest starting a new thread in the pregnancy over 35's but I like that we've all stuck together and there's still a couple of us due BFPs before we can move on together. How does everyone else feel? x

How is everyone else? Would be great to hear from everyone x

Got to admit I feel strange about it too Everything.

I want to keep in touch with all of the ladies on here, those of us with BFP's and those of us still waiting but at the same time I feel guilty about talking about pregnancy on a TTC thread.

I don't know what any new ladies who look at this thread hoping for TTC support might think but at the same time it doesn't seem right moving it to pregnancy over 35 without our friends who are still waiting.

How would everyone feel about starting something up in the groups section of the forum? I'm not sure what to call it but something that's neither a TTC or a pregnancy thread. Just a group of friends who have been through a lot together keeping in touch.

Any thoughts? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->