Newbie Intro | 34 and TTC #1

SamAshley

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm Sam, I'm 34 (well, will be on Friday) and we're TTC our first child. I never expected to be trying for my first at this age, but life just got away from me—career, getting out of an eight relationship, and finally finding the right person a few years ago.

We planned on getting married this year as we both have great, steady jobs and well, we're 34 and 35. But a friend drunkenly sat us down a month or so ago and told us we're wasting too much time waiting for the right time and that window is closing. And he's right. So, now that we just bought a house, we're prioritizing kids. We can't get those years back and a wedding can happen whenever.

I haven't been on birth control for years in preparation for the moment I decided to try. I'm not naive in thinking it will happen right away considering my age and so many other factors that play into this (including my LEEP procedure in 2011). Not to mention watching so many of my friends struggling with infertility.

All that being said, we casually tried last month. I knew it would be a total shocker if it happened right away and, of course, it didn't. I'm currently in my TWW for this month, but I've only just begun doing OPKs. I have a basal thermometer on the way to really up my chart game on FF.

Just wanted to say hello. I know I'm probably the newest on this journey, but one of the older gals in this group (I feel weird joining the over 35'ers...they may shun me for being just shy of the proper age).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->