Newbie, looking for buddies, me-ntnp#1!

ooh gl with the shop emma!

welcome to the other new ladies! xx

This might be a bit of a rant but I think you are the only ladies I can talk to about this. I've mentioned before that I've been having terrible (and embarassing) trouble with recurring bacterial vaginosis. Fortunately DH has been extremely supportive even when various doctors haven't been. Today I stumbled across various studies that link BV with vitamin D deficiency. In October, a thorough doctor discover that I was severely deficient. I started on three times the recommended dose of vitamin D (doctor prescribed) and only realised after reading the articles today that my BV symptoms only came back after dropping back to the regular dose last month. I almost broke down in tears of relief that I might have actually found a reason for this awful affliction that just keeps coming back. I have been in tears in front of doc after doc because I take every precausion they told me to and it is still coming back. DH doesn't understand how potentially life changing this is for me and I don't have anyone else to talk to about it (way too embarassed!).

I'm thinking about kicking up my vitamin D supplements again. It is ridiculous as I live in an unbelievably sunny place but it is a conservative culture so my limbs are covered most of the time and there's heavy polution so getting natural vitamin d is too hard.

Got a doc appt to discuss on saturday so fingers crossed (not the same great one who was so thorough unfortunately :-(

(Phew)

Thanks for letting me vent!

i am on 8 cd today will start using ovulation sticks from 10 cd hope the ovulation happen soon..:happydance:

Newbie, I feel for you - I used to get BV A LT, too! Never as bad as what you described there but I know how annoying it is. So I'm very happy you have found a likely cause and solution - I had no idea w Vit D deficiency could cause it!

Hi ladies,

I seems like i haven't posted here in ages. Welcome to all the new ladies :flower: i hope your journeys are short ones.

Emma, i'm glad your focussing your attentions on a new business venture, i hope it's going well and helps the time pass quickly. Good luck with your next appointment, I hope they start to give you some answers.

Newbie, sorry to hear about the issues that have been stressing you. You were lucky to have that thorough doctor and find out about the vit d. I hope it squashes all your symptoms.

Hope your enjoying the honeymoon lola!

So I haven't posted in a while as I was fustrated with my lack of af and spotting. So the last episode was around what should of been ov time, very light. I brought a couple of tests and intended to hold out until next af was due. I caved and tested before after work one day, bfn. Time for af came around, I got more spotting around 4 days of it. So I was ready to book a doctors appointment, try to find out what is going on. When I woke this morning I thought well, I have another test let me try fmu so i'd be able to give the doctor a recent test date. I tested and bfp, i was soooo shocked after seeing bfns the last times. I had convinced myself I wasn't but just couldn't understand why af was missing.

Sorry for the extended post, but definately wanted to share with you ladies. You have been so good providing advice and listening to my fustrations. Thanks :flower:

Hi ladies,

I seems like i haven't posted here in ages. Welcome to all the new ladies :flower: i hope your journeys are short ones.

Emma, i'm glad your focussing your attentions on a new business venture, i hope it's going well and helps the time pass quickly. Good luck with your next appointment, I hope they start to give you some answers.

Newbie, sorry to hear about the issues that have been stressing you. You were lucky to have that thorough doctor and find out about the vit d. I hope it squashes all your symptoms.

Hope your enjoying the honeymoon lola!

So I haven't posted in a while as I was fustrated with my lack of af and spotting. So the last episode was around what should of been ov time, very light. I brought a couple of tests and intended to hold out until next af was due. I caved and tested before after work one day, bfn. Time for af came around, I got more spotting around 4 days of it. So I was ready to book a doctors appointment, try to find out what is going on. When I woke this morning I thought well, I have another test let me try fmu so i'd be able to give the doctor a recent test date. I tested and bfp, i was soooo shocked after seeing bfns the last times. I had convinced myself I wasn't but just couldn't understand why af was missing.

Sorry for the extended post, but definately wanted to share with you ladies. You have been so good providing advice and listening to my fustrations. Thanks :flower:

congarts:hugs::flower:

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! Mixem, that is amazing!!!! I almost missed your bfp announcement in your post there, you announced that in a very calm and collected manner! I bet you're over the moon, I'm so chuffed you got your little bean!!! Will you be starting a preg journal? Have you told your partner yet? Do you know how far along you are? Sorry, too many questions! ;)

To everyone else on here still TTC - I hope you can take hope from Mixem's bfp - it can be done, just keep baby dancing and keep the faith!!! xxx

Ylanda and mixem and other ladies... Mixem's post almost convinced me to buy a pregnancy test today! Lol! Guess I'm still doubting my experiences this month. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the pharmacy only had a dodgy brand so I decided against it (wish I could get reliable brands!). Docs on saturday so I can wait!

Yay again mixem. Thrilled for you.

Well done for staying strong, newbie! Not long til Saturday now - you can hold out!!! I was a total brand snob as well, when it came to tests, so I can understand you stayed away from the dodgy brand! ;)

:happydance:Yey Mixem!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I nearly missed it too!!! :dohh: I thought I had read it but had to read twice just to be sure!!!! :haha:

Soooo happy for you!!! :) :) :) I second all of jens questions too :haha:

This is so exciting!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Emma, you'll have to let us know what your shop is etc so we can come and be your first customers :) :)

Good luck and welcome to all the new ladies :) xxx

Thanks ladies,

Good luck for sat's appointment newbie.

In response to the questions, it may have come across as calm and collected but believe me i was in shock. I had really talked myself out of it being possible!! I am of course pleased and happy though. My OH had left for work already so i called him to tell him the news. I think he suspected it before now! I'm not sure how far along i am but according to my last af i could be about 9 weeks. I booked a doctors appointment but its in two weeks, so guess i might find out more then. The journal, i don't know it's still sinking in so maybe after my appointment.

Have a good wednesday. x

Congrats again, Mixem!!! :hugs: Keep us posted how it goes at the doctor's! :)

omg mixem!! i def nearly missed that post!! :yipee: huge congrats!!

ooh def start a journal! xx

Hi ladies,

Quick update - doc ordered blood tests for me to confirm ovulation and the xray thingy to check tubes are open and sa for dh. Should hopefully get these done in early-mid march and find out the next step.

We're not going to hold back - he's travelling abroad tomorrow for work and know I've got my eyes set on him tonight - lol!! ;-)

What's news with all of you?

Hope you get some answers soon Newbie :)
I've got my appointment booked for 15th March, that'll then be 6months and 2weeks since I came off BCP and still haven't had a period. Xx

Willow - I thought your appointment was on the 5th! The 15th isn't too far away, though. Finger crossed you get answers soon! Thinking about you xo

The 15th was the next available one as I've been referred to see a particular doctor. Thank you :) xx

Hi all, just new here , was browsing and came to this posts, i have read the posts from all of you, and it feels good that there is support from everyone, I got scared into the other forum as I could not understand any of the terms hehe...I just got married last year and we wanted to try to start a family, Im starting drinking vitamins B and Folic acid, will tryalso the Fertility blend as I read it can help... I don't know much when Im ovulating we just try an try every other night..By the way Congrats to Mixem, i read your early posts from 2012 and it is great to read your news..I will need all your wisdom and help ... cheers ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->