newbie wants to say hi :)

jennahlou

Reaction score
heyy!! im jennah im 19 years old DF is 26 years old. we have been ttc for a little over 2 years after miscarriage 30 months ago. Although i constantly nag the GP the response i get is "it will happen when the times right, just keep trying" or "your only 19 you have plenty of peak fertility years, dont worry" i have had an U/S which didnt show any physical problems (cysts ect) and DF has had an SA with perfect results.

im a bit worried about what the next step would be..does any1 want to shed some light please?

basically just feel like its never going to happen and want to be able to talk to people who know how i feel ! :D

I seem to have rambled on a bit (my apologies) so i will wrap this up wirh a thank you in advance and lotsssssss of :dust: sticky baby dust to all :dust:

Hey.

Unfortunately, although you can be reefer, most FS's won't see you till you are at last 22 and the majority of GP's aren't allowed to give you treatments.

Do you know if you ovulate? Have they checked all your hormone levels? That would at least indicate if there is a problem.

XX

i use OPK's which indicate i ovulate. and GP said at 19 he cant see there being a problem with hormones.. TBH i do have a pretty useless doctor. I have tried soy this month as a friend recomended it. thanks for your response x

have you tryed recording your temps and such to find out how long your lutial phase is? That may be your problem...Try using some b6 for a few cycles and see if it helps it wont hurt and it is pretty cheep.

You should maybe see a different doc at your surgery. You have had a mc and have been ttc for 2 years, the least they can do is check your day 3 and day 21 bloods, they should also check your thyroid levels etc You should have all your info ready for them like how long your cycles are, when you get your positive opk etc Your age shouldnt come into it, its one thing them encouraging you by saying the good thing is your still young but its another thing NOT treating you because your young! that is discrimination, you meet the rest of their "criteria" ugh thats nhs for us eh! I had problems getting them to listen too so I know how you feel. best of luck to you x

i think im going to have to change doctor surgeries xxx

I had an ultrasound to check for endo- it showed nothing, but I knew I had it. 3 months later I had a lap and guess what - I had endo which is now removed. An ultrasound shows very little. Also NHS have low levels for hormones which they accept.

i use OPK's which indicate i ovulate. and GP said at 19 he cant see there being a problem with hormones.. TBH i do have a pretty useless doctor. I have tried soy this month as a friend recomended it. thanks for your response x

I wouldn't listen to them when they say your hormone levels wouldn't be a problem. My GP told me when I was 21 the same thing and a few month later I was taken into hospital and they ran hormone tests and that indicated a problem.

I would definitely move surgeries (another doctor in the same surgery won't go against what one doctor has said).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->