newbies

as for DH helping out, he works from home and i am a stay at home mom so we are very lucky!
Night feeds and diapers are on me as apparently i can function on way less sleep than DH does ;)
I don't really mind. We cloth diaper at home and so far i have been the only one tackling that :lol:
As for night feeds, we co-sleep so basically i can feed DS and fall back asleep unless i know he pooped ;)

DH helps out a lot during the day with dishes and laundry, general cleaning, cooking, entertaining our 5 yr old and being there for him spending time with him whenever he gets jealous of his Baby brother.

And yes, grunting and sounding like a pig is normal :haha:

4 hrs plus on the boob.
Man I hate cluster feeds!!!
Wrecked
Please sleep Emily!!!!!

Lucas used to cluster feed there were days when I thought we weren't even gonna make getting dressed :wacko:

Edith dosent cluster feed but we still have days when we don't get dressed :haha:

Com on little Emily have a really good sleep now and let mommies boobies rest up a while :cloud9:

Awww hope you have managed to get some rest lilesmom. Aurora used to cluster feed for hours. She was such a greedy girl.

Thanks ladies.
I got oh to get two oz in a bottle
She must have heard the threat of a topup.cos she fell asleep while he was gone to get it :)
She seems to cluster every eve/early night
But yest clustered in the morn too.
Very tiring.
She is def a greedy girl too Maryanne.
But better than having to coax her to eat I suppose.

How ye doin xxx

Yea good thanks. Really struggling with little mans feeding at the moment. None of the formulas are agreeing with him, he's covered in eczema and screaming non stop. Makes me even sadder that I couldnt breastfeed this time seeing him like this. Doctor said next step is prescribed lactose free formula if nothing else works.

Hi ladies! This thread was a great idea! My twins are 4 weeks old tomorrow and their due date is in one week (5 weeks early).

E is dealing with an umbilical granuloma too... We've been dealing with it for nearly 3 weeks already and are seeing the pedi tomorrow to try some silver nitrate. I never knew about them until now!

H is tounge tied and a sloooow eater (we're bottle feeding too!) She was even in the nicu for feeding issues but neither the neonatologist nor her pedi will do anything about it until preschool age.

Yea good thanks. Really struggling with little mans feeding at the moment. None of the formulas are agreeing with him, he's covered in eczema and screaming non stop. Makes me even sadder that I couldnt breastfeed this time seeing him like this. Doctor said next step is prescribed lactose free formula if nothing else works.

Hugs hon xxx
Simon couldn't hve normal fornula either
Gave me extra guilt bf didn't work
But sometimes it just doesn't.
Huge hugs xxx
Hope new formula works for him xxx

Hi saphire
Welcome xx
Wow twins
Congrats.
U must be exhausted though
Hope u hve good help xxx

Omg the exhaustion is real with twins. Soo much harder than with my singleton. DH stayed up till 4am last night so I could get 8 straight hours of sleep for the first time in a month. The sleep deprivation was causing me major anxiety.

Re: baby grunting. Yes it's normal but it still is unnerving to me! The twins are sleeping in mini cribs in our room and when they both get going it's loud! The only reason I sleep is because I'm too exhausted to care about the noise. Plus if they're noisy they're breathing :)

We got anglecare movement monitors for these babies and I like them a lot. Anyone else using one?

God I can only imagine
Can be difficult enough with one at times
Xxx
Glad u got a proper nights sleep
Will set u up for a bit more
U would need it xx
Are they two boys?
There is something so gorgeous about twins
Congrats xxx

Whoops just noticed ur pink stork ticker :)
Silly me xx

I hve that monitor
Haven't uses it yet cos she mainly sleeps on me :)
Had the tommee tippee version with mat for ds
And loved the security if the mat

We have that monitor as well but won't be using it until she sleeps in her own room. We use a cosleeper right now and apparently the monitor picks up when OH or me move in our bed so it's quite pointless to use it now.

My poor girl has been battling tummy aches since yesterday and it's so sad to see. I've been wearing her a lot today in my wrap which calms her down and puts her to sleep very quickly and i can actually do things around the house, it's great! Also i think the way she sits in the wrap gets things going in her tummy as when i take her out she passes tons of gas.

We baby wear too. I use a woven wrap or sling and Henry loves it. Still wear my older dd who's 15 months if she's having a bad day and wants mum. There's something so lovely about having your babies that close to you, and nothing comforts mine more

I plan to baby wear
Hve stretchy wrap but am nervous to try it :)
In case I tie it wrong
Plus recovering from section
So wanted to leave it a little while
Might try it tomorrow though
I love the idea
And little loves being held :)

Cupcake, poor baby! It's hard to watch them have tummy troubles.

I've been up since 2:30 am with E who had tummy trouble until 6ish. Then her sister woke up hungry and took nearly an hour to eat. Then it was time to get DD1 ready for school. I'm beat!

I had a sling I liked with dd1. We didn't even have an infant car seat... Only used a convertible seat and wore her everywhere. I was wanting a Maya wrap with this baby but the twins derailed those plans.

Lilesmom, how's your recovery going? C-sections are no joke.

I can't even get out of the house by myself because I can't lift the double stroller, carry 2 carseats, or wear 2 babies! A month in and I'm getting cabin fever.

I plan to baby wear
Hve stretchy wrap but am nervous to try it :)
In case I tie it wrong
Plus recovering from section
So wanted to leave it a little while
Might try it tomorrow though
I love the idea
And little loves being held :)

I can send you some links to some YouTube tutorials if you need it lilesmom. There's a few great ladies on there who's videos are really easy to follow. Stretchy wraps are super simple once you know what to do.

I feel for you sapphire, my 2nd and 3rd are 14 months apart and getting out is so difficult. I find I'm staying in a lot too. The doublepushchair is a nightmare to get out, I live in a village so doesn't fit in any shops and it takes so long to get ready to go out. Must be even tougher with two newborns.

Hugs sapphire hope you get some rest xxx
Must be hard to get though xxx
Recovery is going well so far
Slow but better than expected
Thanks xx

Maryanne do please send the links
They would be handy
Thanks xx

My little booby monster up ten oz in last week
Hurray :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online