newbies

lilesMom

Reaction score
For anyone looking for a home after third tri :)
All welcome xxx

Hi Jessica xxx
We r great thanks.
Emily is the best baby :)
I'm recovering well after the section
And my little guy loves her
And my Oh is being brill :)

How ye getting on hon?
How did ur other kids react?.
Any jealousy or ok xx

Another newbie here :) feels strange being done with third tri now. Feels even stranger that my boy is almost 4 weeks old! Time please slow down :(

Hi Maryanne ��
Welcome
Emily will be a week tomorrow :)
Wow.
They be smiling and cooing up at us before we know it :)

Hi Jessica xxx
We r great thanks.
Emily is the best baby :)
I'm recovering well after the section
And my little guy loves her
And my Oh is being brill :)

How ye getting on hon?
How did ur other kids react?.
Any jealousy or ok xx

No jealousy at all, Andrew thinks she is the bee's knees xxx Getting back into the every day is great xx Just wanting normality after all the pregnancy up's and downs.....

Dont say that lilesmom. I already had a breakdown when I packed away the newborn clothes he's outgrown and moved into size two nappies :rofl:

No jealousy at all, Andrew thinks she is the bee's knees xxx Getting back into the every day is great xx Just wanting normality after all the pregnancy up's and downs.....[/QUOTE]

Ah that's fab.
Makes all the difference when older kids r happy. X
Yeah I was very over being preg at the end.
Delighted she is here safe.
Still love the name isobel
Maybe for my next one :)

Maryanne he is thriving isn't he xx
I don't want her growing too fast
But um looking forward to smiley stage
Cos they r soooooo cute
And cos I should be healed :)
Xx

So is it weird that I don't want anyone else, other than DH to hold the baby? They're all full of germs and she's mine lol

Hey guys! I guess I belong in here too. Little Avalon is 2 weeks old already. I'm literally panicking a bit over how fast it's flying by. :(

We had an appointment today to check on her tongue tie because she's getting a lot of air when she nurses. She had it clipped in the hospital when she was just 24 hours old, but it looks like they need revise it and get a little further back with a laser. And they will laser her lip tie too (I thought she might have one, and they confirmed it). Not looking forward to that next week, but it should be over quickly and hopefully it will help her belly out. She's been having nasty gas pains from all the extra air. :(

She also had an umbilical grandma that I've been trying to treat at home with salt, alcohol, and antibiotic ointment (all at different times)... But in the end it wasn't improving, so they just swabbed it with a bit of silver nitrate. Hopefully that will clear things up. On the bright side, she weighs 7.5 pounds (up .5 pounds from birth) and has grown half in inch. So things are good on the growing front. :)

Does anybody else's baby grunt and snort a lot? I forgot to ask the pediatrician if there was something wrong with that. :p

Hey guys! I guess I belong in here too. Little Avalon is 2 weeks old already. I'm literally panicking a bit over how fast it's flying by. :(

We had an appointment today to check on her tongue tie because she's getting a lot of air when she nurses. She had it clipped in the hospital when she was just 24 hours old, but it looks like they need revise it and get a little further back with a laser. And they will laser her lip tie too (I thought she might have one, and they confirmed it). Not looking forward to that next week, but it should be over quickly and hopefully it will help her belly out. She's been having nasty gas pains from all the extra air. :(

She also had an umbilical grandma that I've been trying to treat at home with salt, alcohol, and antibiotic ointment (all at different times)... But in the end it wasn't improving, so they just swabbed it with a bit of silver nitrate. Hopefully that will clear things up. On the bright side, she weighs 7.5 pounds (up .5 pounds from birth) and has grown half in inch. So things are good on the growing front. :)

Does anybody else's baby grunt and snort a lot? I forgot to ask the pediatrician if there was something wrong with that. :p

Ah poor little lamb, my oldest had a tie too but we had to wait until he was 4 to get it sorted :( And he had the umbilical hernia, they gave us a powder to dry it out xxx

As for the grunting and sniffling, Andrew was a grunter, still is now... lol

Glad to hear she is up on her birthweight, such a worriesome time for us mums xxx

Hello! My little girl Alexa is now 2 weeks and 3 days old. She is literally just feeding and sleeping at this stage. she does open her eyes and has a look round for maybe 15 mins here and there but i honestly cant remember newborns being this easy (she is my 3rd)
I have mastitis and its bloody awful. Im on antibiotics but after having 2 weeks of cracked nipples that had finally healed i feel its so unfair that i now get this!
Fingers crossed it improves as having a fever and getting up 3/4 times a night to change my clothes is alot worse for me than waking to feed my little baby.

As for the grunting ny daughter does this when shes searching for food, shes actually like a little piggy!! Her nose is quite blocked though but she seems fine with it

I think i belong here as well!
Little Mariella will be 3 weeks old tomorrow, though her first week was spent in the hospital (born wednesday, home friday and back saturday..) for losing too much weight, being too jaundice and lethargic and not able to hold her temperature anymore.
She had a really bad latch right when she was born and all the hospital did was give me nipple shields, and after only getting bottles in the hospital i couldn't get her to take the boob anymore.. i'm still so disappointed by the hospital i delivered at, i feel if they helped us to get get her to latch properly, she wouldn't have lost so much weight, which would have spared her the second hospital stay. It's probably going to take a while for me to get over not being able to nurse her, but the most important thing is she gets fed and is growing and she's doing so fabulous now.

It's hard when you want to breastfeed but can't for what ever reason. I couldn't breastfeed my little one this time which I've struggled with after successfully feeding my daughter till 14 months. My son was in hospital for the first ten days with septicaemia caused by gbs so with all the upset my milk never came in. Two weeks of putting him to the breast every hour and pumping non stop and still no milk so I gave up. Try not to let it get you down too much though, your baby is fed and that's the main thing.

Hope they sort the lip the out soon isme, my dd had one and it made feeding her very uncomfortable at the start. In the U.K though they aren't big on treating them so we had to go privately. Once it was sorted though feeding was so much easier.

Little Henry is a grunter too. He's always snuffling around, he sounds like a piglet. I think it's so cute.

And I'm a clingy mama too. Only DH or big bro hold the little one at the moment.

DD makes all sorts of little noises all the time!

And breastfeeding is challenging! I had awful cracked broken nipples after the first day. It was horribly painful. I almost wanted to give up on the second day, like I was in tears. They finally seem to be healing and now are just sore. But as long as baby is being fed and getting what she needs, that's what's important.

Question for you ladies - What did /does your partner do to help during those first weeks with nighttime?

We plan to eventually take turns during the night, but right now I get the brunt of the work since I have the boobs and they say not to pump for the first while. Sometimes I'm fine but when I'm really tired, I'm resentful that my husband sleeps so much and I'm up every 2-3 hours. My brain knows that there's not much point in getting him up during the night because he can't really help much, but very tired me gets angry with him for it.

How can I feel less irritated with him and/or how can he be more involved when I'm the milk machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->