newborn and 2.5yo - double pushchair?

+tivethoughts

Mummy to two little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies
I am due end of Oct with my 2nd. Harrison will be 2.5 then....

My question is aimed at mums who have had a newborn and a toddler. Do I need a double buggy? Harrison still needs a nap each day at the moment....he may grow out of that by then...I don't know. When we go out we are out for the day mostly.

Could I get away with a buggy board...or is it worth getting a second hand double? X

I've been wondering this exact thing.

My LO will have just turned 2 when baby arrives but he doesn't take a nap during the day. My problem is he still gets tired walking quickly and he refuses to hold my hand and will just run off if something catches his eye.

I've decided to get a second hand one because I think it will save me a lot of stress and hassle when I go out and about just me and the kids.

It depends on your older one. Mine stopped using any stroller at 18 months. He preferred to walk. By 2.5 he'd walk for miles.
Personally, if the older one still needed the stroller, I'd simply get a carrier for the baby and wear the baby and have the older one in the stroller. By the time the baby was too heavy to wear comfortably, the older one definitely wouldn't need the stroller anymore.

My 1st 2 are 1yr9m apart and I needed a double. 2 and 3 are 2y8m apart and I used a buggy board

We use our double stroller A LOT. (but my kids are only 17 months apart, so maybe thats why)
At first I wore the little one and pushed the toddler in a single stroller. We prefer to baby wear. And actually there was a bit of time when DH would wear the toddler and i wore the baby. But eventually the toddler wanted to be done-im fine with that. I figured the baby would love to be worn, especially bc my first son loved it, but it turns out no matter how many different carriers i used or different positions, around 2-3 months old the LO just hated being worn. So thats when we got a double. And it has more than gotten its use. My 2 yr old is very active and learned to walk at a young age, but he is strong willed and has plans of his own and so he needs to be strapped in for his safety. He will be 3 at the begining of Sept. and is just now getting to the point (about half of the time) to hold his hand and him walk with me. (he likes to run off when he gets headstrong though, so that is where my concern w him is i.e. running off in front of a car) ...i agree it really depends on your toddler, but for us, the double stroller was a life saver.

I agree with seity. My two will be eighteen months apart and I'm getting a double as my seventeen month old is tiny for her age and wouldn't be able to walk far. I'm also getting a sling and plan on carrying them both in it at different times. The older one is only the size of a baby around 10-11 months and very light xxx

Frankie is two and a half and i am due in two weeks. I had decided i wouldn't get a double but then all of a sudden Frankie decided it would be hilarious to start kicking off in the super market and not doing as mummy asks right away. This is manageable whilst it's just me and him but i won't be able to leave the baby in his pram while i chase after him! Or carry Frankie tantrumming whilst pushing the pram.We have a Mamas and Papas outlet nearby and they had a lovely double pushchair for £99 which i snapped up with a newborn cocoon. It will be fine on the days i am home alone with the boys. Whenever Daddy is awith us or Grandma or anyone else who can watch then i will just use my single pram. Xx

No experience yet but mine will be two years apart and we got a double. My lo at 18m is a terrible walker.. He could walk for ages but won't hold hands or go in the right direction without having several let's throw my self on the floor tantrums. He's got six months to improvise but I don't want to take the risk

I can't imagine wearing the newborn whilst pushing my toddler as what about if toddler kicks off or throws things and you still need to neon hand for them. With a baby on my front I think this will prove difficult.

If my toddler improves his walking behaviour ill just sell my double and use my stroller, or my new double turns into a singe anyway so no waste there..

It all depends what your toddler is like individually

We only use the stroller iff we go somewhere with alot of walking and people so my son (who will be 2.5) and the baby will be in a double stroller that you can take the back seat off so its a sit n stand for when he is older.

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Double-Stroller-Elixer/dp/B003JTF2U2/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1362762169&sr=1-1&keywords=baby+trend+sit+n+stand+double+stroller

It is mostly so my son cant get lost in a crowd. hate to say but with him... totally possible and by the time I trust for him not to get away... I have an umbrella stroller

My son will be 2 and a half when this one is born in October as well. For now I am planning on wearing the baby and pushing the 2 year old in the stroller. If I need to I will pick up a double stroller when the baby is here if I find it's too hard the other way.

There will be just under 2 years between no.2 and no.3. Im going for a Britax b dual as it can be used as a single or a double so it won't be a waste if the 2yr old decides to walk all the time! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->