Newborn clothes

Rach276

Reaction score
How many should i buy? Iv been advised 6 of everything. So 6 of what :blush:?
Should I buy any small then that? Will they predict bubas size before s/he comes out?

Don't get smaller than newborn.

Get 6 vests, 6 sleep suits, 6 outfits, 6 pairs of socks, 6 everything!

Stock up on 0-3 too, they're not newborn for long x

When I was picking up clothes we made sure to check the actual weights on them as well that way we made sure that we had a range or sizes and she did end up wearing everything. I found a huge difference in sizes even in the 0-3 month range. And because we didn't know what we were having we only bought onsies (diaper shirts) and sleepers... figured that we could get the rest when she was finally here.

You know they have weights on them? Is that from that weight or up untill that weight?

Toria are vests the ones that button under the nappies?

Yeah they are
and it's up from that weight x

Actually :shrug: Next clothes say "up from" but I don't know!! They normally tell you if it's upto that weight or up from that weight I think

should I limit on 0-3 or just get whatever? Sorry for the stupid questions

Thank you! xxxx What sort of outfits should I get, soft easy to put on ones?

Caitlyn spend almost ALL of her newborn live in vests and sleepsuits!

I will get pics hold on.. :rofl: I remember being where you are x

They're generally only in newborn till they get to about 9lbs, so get 0-3 sizes as well in case LO is a bit bigger or grows really quickly.

Some MWs will have a go at guessing the approximate weight based on your size towards the end of your pregnancy - but you may as well be playing 'guess the weight of the marrow'. They really can't accurately tell based on your size (could be a lot of liquid or you could be carrying more out front).

If they are worried that you are measuring small or large for your dates they may suggest a growth scan, which is a little accurate - but not definative. The only truely accurate way to tell the weight is to wait until he or she comes out unfortuatly.

I suggest taking both newborn and 0-3 to hospital with you to cover all eventualities.

Plus it is worth rememebering babys clothes have different fits, depending on branding.

Have a stock pile of each and then you can always get more once baby is here.

And don't forget people will buy you clothes when baby is born and most of these will be usually be a lot of newborn. People like to buy complete outfits thou, so make sure you're stocked on basics like socks, vests and sleepsuits.

Sleepsuit

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41dmvkCf1GL._SX315_SY375_.jpg

Vest

https://koolkids4u.co.uk/shop/images/vest_set.jpg

I was in mothercare walking around aimlessly for about 20 minutes and all the assistents were busy! I felt so hopeless lol:(

Right, Iv counted them lol and I have 10 (opps) vests, 3 sleepsuits and 5 pairs of socks in newborn. I'll get a few more sleepsuites then stop with the newborn lol

don't forget mitts, hats and pram blankets. I've got quite a list of stuff, all bought from ebay. Some are brand-new - babies grow fast! I've spent only about £50 on clothes - have newborn - 3-6 months.

I can put my list on if you like!

Iv got 5 pairs of mitts, 1 hat and a pram blanket so far. Family is knitting more pram blankets. Can u put a list on if you dont mind? That would be great thanks!

My MIL suggested quite a few sleepsuits as I'm due in Jan. and If the baby is a puker, you'll need to be changing it often!

I looked for unisex clothing bundles on ebay - I got 1 bundle of 27 items for £14 including postage! I dont' have too much 3-6 month stuff as most of it is boy/girl and I don't know which flavour I've got. All of it was practically brand new or was new, no stains etc. - babies grow so fast they only wear them a few weeks.

Newborn:

7 x vests
4 x t-shirts
12 x sleepsuits
3 x socks
1 x dungarees
4 x hats
1 x cardigan w/hood
1 pair slippers
2 x scratch mitts

0-3 months:

7 x vests
21 x sleepsuits
1 x jacket w/hood
9 x socks
3 x dungarees
1 x t-shirt
2 x hat
1 x outdoor hat
3 x scratch mitts
2 x snowsuit - one is really thick + warm, will be taking baby home in it!

3-6 months:

1 x babygrow 3mths
1 x jacket w/hood
4 x sleepsuit
3 x bodysuit
1 x snowsuit

others:

1 x sleepsuit 9-12mths
2 x pram blanket
1 x growbag 6-18mths
1 x booties/ baby shoes

Thanks your a star! Im going to get the rest of Ebay I think x

I was getting more 0-3mth than newborn as I figured they'd last longer, but now I'm not sure.
Will LO be lost inside 0-3mth clothes at the start?

I was getting more 0-3mth than newborn as I figured they'd last longer, but now I'm not sure.
Will LO be lost inside 0-3mth clothes at the start?

I did that with my first....big mistake,
My first was 6lb 10, my 2nd 7LB.1 and the 3rd 7 lb and all of them have been lost in Newborn never mind 0-3 months.
I in the end went out and got just a couple of prem baby things just because i wanted to see what they looked like in something that fitted lol

My MIL suggested quite a few sleepsuits as I'm due in Jan. and If the baby is a puker, you'll need to be changing it often!

I looked for unisex clothing bundles on ebay - I got 1 bundle of 27 items for £14 including postage! I dont' have too much 3-6 month stuff as most of it is boy/girl and I don't know which flavour I've got. All of it was practically brand new or was new, no stains etc. - babies grow so fast they only wear them a few weeks.

:rofl: Love it!

I have allways tended to buy more 0-3 then newborn , As they dont seem to last long in newborn .

I allso like you hun find ebay great . If you type in 0-3 bundle .. You will find a massive bundle of clothes to bid on quiet cheap wich will give u most things in one whole lot hun that might be easier .

Good luck . xxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->