Newborn clothes

I've been thinking the same thing as you!! Ive got so many 0-3 sleepsuits its unreal!! I think ive got about 3 newborn things haha so i need to stock up on them.

I've just got all my clothes out so now im going to put them in lists and see what ive got and what i need! thanks hun x

We should go baby shopping togther Laura! lol
I took a sleepsuit into midwife (newborn) and she said that i should get some early baby stuff because newborn can swamp them. Im going to get a few things in early and just keep washing them and re using them so I dont waste loads of money on loads. Im finding out the sex soon and thats when the real spending starts:D This buba has more clothes then me already!

Clothes:
Newborn Babygrows x14
Newborn Vests x 14
Newborn Cardigan x1
Newborn T-shirts x4
Newborn Coat x2
Newborn Trousers x2
0-3 Months Vests x14
0-3 Months Babygrows x5
0-3 Months T-shirts x3
0-3 Months Trousers x1
0-3 Months Jumper x1
0-3 Months Pramsuit x1
0-3 Months Dress x1
3-6 Months Dress x1
3-6 Months Jeans x1
6-9 Month Dress x1
1 Pair of Booties
1 Pair of Shoes
3 Pairs of socks
Scratch Mitts x2
Hats x2

Ive gone overboard on the newborn vests/babygrows havent I?

lol sparkswillfly better to be safe then sorry! I dont mind having some that wont get used much because there so cheap. I want to get them a special coming home outfit.

Im not too worried because I havent spent much money. I got a couple of bundles off ebay a few things from primark and blooming marvelous had a buy one get one free sale at the weekend. Im addicted to bargains.

Is Primark any good for baby clothes? I hadnt even thought of that one! Iv just been going to Asda.

Heres my list so far. These are all in whites/lemons so will proberly end up getting more in colours because i wont be able to help myself when i find out :blush:

Newborn:
1 pair of socks ( girls)
5 vests
3 sleepsuits
2 girls tops
2 boys tops
4 scratchmits
3 bibs

0-3 Months:
1 outfit - trousers&top&jacket
7 sleepsuits
7 vests

3-6 Months:
1 outfit - full suit & Bib
3 pairs of socks
7 vests

Other:
Blanket
3 cot blankets
8 bibs

Is Primark any good for baby clothes? I hadnt even thought of that one! Iv just been going to Asda.

i LOVE primark !! i got 7 vest from ther for £3 !! We definately should go together when we find out what are los are :)

I wouldn't buy many newborn at all in case you have a larger baby. Hannah didn't wear any of her newborn clothes, and only wore her 0-3 months for 6 weeks or so.

Lol two preggos navigating round Birmingham Primark! Should be a laugh lol!

I cant believe the size difference between newborn and 3-6. They grow SO fast!!

Struggling to fit our bellys through the ridicuously (sp) crowded floors LOL

Last time I went they were doing work and one of the floors was shut and i felt like a sheep! Bloody place. Only found out where the Mothercare is about a week ago lol

Just searching through my baby book. Heres what they advise..

Vests - 6-8
Sleepsuits - 4-6
Day outfits - 4-6
Cardigans - 2-3
Socks - 2-3 pairs
Hats - 2
Mittens - 2 pairs
Shawl - 3
Jacket - 1

Primark is great. you can get two pairs of scratch mitts for 50p! I def have gone overboard on a few things but never mind Im crap with keeping up with washing.

the clothes in h+m are great too and there sizes are a little bit different i don't know quite how it works but i know they do a 2 - 4 months and they have some really funky stuff too!

I got:

6 disney vests
19 plain white vests
plain blue vest
3 brown vests
11 motif vests
stripey vest
3 pink muslin squares
5 pairs scratch mitts
Ugg boots
reebok trainers
basketball outfit
3 pairs yellow socks
10 pairs pink socks
2 pairs pink tights
5 girls bibs
winnie the pooh booties
winnie the pooh hat
winnie the pooh vest
winnie the pooh babygrow
winnie the pooh bib
5 blankets
5 cot sheets (new!)

all for £46 on ebay, and im not even 12 weeks yet :lol:

i must say i have a LOT of newborn and 0-3 stuff, but i got most of the newborn stuff in cheapy bundles off ebay and all the 0-3 in primark, h&m, matalan, all the cheapy places lol

id rather have too much and then sell it on after cos i dont have a washer in my flat, theres one downstairs but id have to take LO down there with me so the more i have the better imo

xxx

I have approx 8 vests & 10 sleepsuits in Newborn, and the same in 0-3 months.
Also several t-shirts, stretchy trousers, a few dresses, socks, hats etc.....and 90% of the stuff we have was given to us!!
The only clothes we have actually bought & paid for ourselves is one dress, one pramsuit & 12 bibs......at a total cost of £30!!!

I do not think you need six of everything, some you need 10 of! others 4.... depends on where you live and what climate it will be when baby comes. I used this example yesterday on here... onsies... short sleeve one piece suit snaps at crotch... you will need more of them if a summer baby... but may want to but long sleeve ones if a winter baby and pass on the short sleeve ones.... plus a summer baby may be hot in full outfits so for sake of baby use a onesie not an outfit if is very hot out :friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->