NHS IVF funding NEC rules

floofymad

Mummy to munchkini
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know what the general rules are for funding if you already have children. I know most PCT's state No Existing Children, but didn't know if it was the same if it's your DH who has a child.
My DH has a child who's 17 from a previous relationship. I have no children.
The doctor didn't know when I asked her.

Thanks

Hi Hun

It's generally no funding if your partner has a child that's alive, the only exception is if you or your partner has no living children. What PCT are you with?
If I was you I wouldn't mention it to them, can't see if they would investigate
Keep us updated and I will try and look for a link on what pct criteria's are

X

Thanks for replying. That sucks massively. I'm in County Durham PCT.
Unfortunately, my doctor asked us last week when we were there, so DH answered, wouldn't have felt comfortable lying...

It generally goes off the PCT rules i would ring your PCT and ask them their rules i know for my PCT it is if one person is childless they still can have ivf if it is needed.
For me and my DP we have no children from previous but i know different PCT have different rules. Some fund still for couples if one has a previous child, they DO not fund tho if you both have children from previous partners.
Hope this helps. You may be able to find the critiea on your PCT website or be able to request a copy from them direct.
x

I think it is about 50/50 as to whether you can get funding when your partner has a child from a previous relationship not living with you. In the South East Coast, you can't get funding, even if the parent has no contact at all with the child.

In West Midlands you won't get funding if your partner has a child...

I don't know what they expect to happen - the same infertile man claiming IVF funding for children with several different women, as if.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->