Nickname for Violet?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Looking for some nicknames for Violet?
We like Lettie but HATE vi.

Would you likely shorten Violet to Vi? As that's what puts us both off the name.

My fave girls name and has to be Letty, we also dislike Vi x

Obviously as a baby/toddler we can say that we don't want it shortened but we know at school we won't get a say.
If I knew she would never get vi then I would use it100%!xx

If she's anything like my eldest shell correct them herself! X

That's what my mom says. If we drill it into her head that she's not vi then she'll correct people that call it her xx

My son corrects people, his name is Franklin and people were/are always trying to call him Frankie, but he tells them, "my name is Franklin or just Frank".

Good to hear! Maybe we can have a Violet after all!

We call my cousin Violet, Vittie. Pronounced V(eye)-tEE.

I think you always just have to put up with nicknames. I'm Abi or Abigail, yet I spend my life correcting people who call me Abz. Sorry, I was never in 5ive.

I would do Vi but I actually really like it.
also she may go with your nickname but DH did not. Was called BJ (ugh I know) from birth but when he got to kindergarten his teacher called him that and he said "no, my name is Brent" so while some family members still call him BJ most people don't even know he was ever called that.

Tbh, my first instinct was vi, BUT, thats because your topic was "nickname for Violet". Violet is not a name I would particularly feel the need to shorten. Also, if you make sure she doesnt usually go by vi, she will correct people. I was always getting Meg when I was a kid, which i hated then, and would correct people whenever they tried.

My daughter is Violet and we always call her Vi, only Violet when we have to be stern lol. I love Vi and it really suits her. I like Letti, that's pretty x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->