Night feeds and waking up

A

AppleBlossom

Grace has always woken up in the night since she was born, never slept through. When she wakes up I usually give her some milk and that tends to settle her back down. But I want to to gradually stop it because I'm hoping it will stop her waking up so much. I'm thinking of keeping milk handy but just giving her her dummy instead when she wakes up. Last night she wouldn't go back in her crib so I put her in bed with us (about half 11) after having some milk. Then she woke up at about 2ish and I gave her milk again. But when she woke up then I just put her dummy in and although she was still waking up, she was going back to sleep quicker. Has anyone else tried to cut down on night feeds and if so how did it work for you?

Ruby's the same, never slept through once. I always try with the dummy first before feeding her, praying that she'll one of these nights take it and go back to sleep but sadly she always needs fed once. Even with getting lunch now she still needs it. And she always has to come through to our room at some point as well. x

jack used to wake in the night but when he wakes in the night i just put his dummy in i don,t lift him out his moses basket & he goes back off & the last 3 nights he has had his last bottle at 11 & woke up at 6.10 . violet xx

I tried this last night max woke up about 4am and wanted his milk I gave him water instead and when he was done he went into his bed , babeled for about 10 min and dozed off

We've been having issues too... She would be getting up less then 3 hours and not eating very much... And as a result she would end up waking up for the day before 6am... So I ended up with literally less then 4 hours a night of sleep..

Sooo last night, I gave her her dummy instead, I did not pick her up, I just rubbed her tummy for a minute and she went back to sleep for an hour and a half... When she woke up then it had been 4.5 hours and she still only drank a couple oz... But then slept until 7:30.

jack used to sleep through the night until he was about 3 and a half months. he went through a stage of waking up about 4 times a night. i have managed to cut it down to one wake up in the night and then a wake at 5 and at 5 he doesnt get a bf he has a cuddle then goes back to bed sometimes he stays in bed with me if daddy has already gone to work x

We have tried doing this with Marlowe too. Instead of a feed, I give her a cuddle and she was doing really well, only waking around 4. I think we were just about ready to crack it........and then we went to the States for a month and the jetlag and staying in strange places messed it all up. I'm starting this again tonight. I say if it's been less than 4 hours since her last feed, she's probably not hungry. Either Joel or I will cuddle her. If it's longer than that, I give her a feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->