Night sickness?! A cruel joke?!

vitriolic_vix

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Morning all,

This is my second pregnancy and with my first I was really nauseous and ill. I'd been feeling a little nauseous over the week but not too bad and BAM last night it started at 8.30. By 10.30 I was puking and woke up every two hours last night for more....! :cry::cry:

I had nothing left this morning so was just hard wretching and bringing up bile. I'm exhausted this morning and feel dizzy when I stand. I've had to ask to work from home.

Someone please tell me that their 'morning sickness' symptoms differ every day because I'm not sure I can cope with that and still function for the next 8 weeks! I would be interested to hear anyone else experiences :coffee:

Are you sure it's not the sickness bug that's going round?
With my 1st I use to start feeling sick about 4-5am when I got hungry x

I pray that's what it is because I can't function right now! I'm supposed to be working from home but can't even sit up in bed without feeling dizzy and sick!

Did you find that eating helped?

Being dehydrated can make it worse and also an empty stomach. I had morning sickness for almost 5 months with my DD. It took a while to figure out how to get it under control. Try just slowly munching or snacking throughout the day and hopefully that will help keep your hormone levels easy enough for you to cope! Good Luck!

How are you feeling? Yes eating little and often helped

Sorry to say but night sickness is a real thing. I experienced it both in this pregnancy and my 1st. During the day I'm ok besides being a bit dizzy but at night I'm a nauseous, dizzy, exhausted, throw upping mess.

Nausea and vomiting is one of the first signs of pregnancy and usually begins around the 6th week of pregnancy. It is quite common and can occur at any time and it can occur at any time of the day and mostly after 12 weeks of pregnancy it will stop. Take plenty of rest and try to take naps during the day.Morning sickness doesn’t harm the woman or the unborn child. However, severe morning sickness that includes weight loss and dehydration needs prompt medical attention. So take care and be hydrated, drink plenty of fluids. Some studies have shown that ginger supplement may help reduce nausea symptoms during pregnancy.

During my first 2 months of pregnancy I had all day sickness that landed me in the hospital a couple of times for dehydration so make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids!

I have constant nausea - and everyday I will have a small window where I vomit big time. This is occasionally over night, usually morning or various points in the evening. I think mine often corresponds to being hungry - so if I don't eat well in the evening it tends to happen. I've not found crackers or ginger biscuits by my bed any help - but antacid medication sometimes helps settle everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->