Night waking - what do you do?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
When your baby wakes in the night, what do you do to try to settle them?

The only reason I ask is because Seth isnt sleeping to great at the moment and the only thing that sends him back off to sleep is to have a breastfeed. I dont think he's hungry as he usually wakes up every couple of hours and through the day he goes a while without being hungry.

We've tried everything - dummies, bottlefeeding (to test if he's hungry), leaving him to cry it out for 5 mins at a time, calgel, nightlight, Matts tshirt, rocking, shushing... literally everything I can think of.

Just curious as to how you settle your baby at night for a bit of inspiration!!

xxx

Caitlyn has ALWAYS woken up for comfort feeds in the night. I just stick her on my boob untill she's back off but I wouldn't advise it! :rofl:

I know thats what Im doing too but its getting beyond a joke now, he wotn even sleep through the day without a feed and most of the time he wont go to sleep at night without it.

I worry if I hold back from feeding him Im starving him even though I know that he cant possibly be hungry.

xxx

When my bubs wakes up luckily he is not crying he just keeps making noises to get my attention...if its far to early i just try my best to ignore him...he then dozes back off...its difficult though because i never know if he is hungry because he never crys for feeds...x

i bf jack he normally just wants a little comfort. i thinnk its his teeth at the moment. he used to sleep so good x

i dont pick ffion up... i know it sounds nasty... but i just dont

i walk in and pop her dummy in with some calgel and turn on her mobile music *ive actually taken the decrative bit off as she used to watch it and it woke her up* and i walk out of the room and shut the door.

if she doesnt settle with a dummy i walk back in pop her bottle in her mouth, propped up by her blanket and her hand then i sit on rhys' bed where she cant see me. when shes finished drinking i turn her onto her tummy pop in her dummy and pat her on the back to see if she wants to burp. then i put on her music and walk out again.

i bf jack he normally just wants a little comfort. i thinnk its his teeth at the moment. he used to sleep so good x

Same with Sam. His first tooth is just coming through now and he keeps waking up at night (has always slept through). If I feed him he goes straight back to sleep again, but I'm sure it's just for comfort and not because he's hungry. I'm going away for a weekend in a few weeks so really need to find another way to get him back to sleep! x

imagine sams face when the boobs arent there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->