Nightime feed help...

MommyCandice

Mommy of 3
Reaction score
Is it normal for a 3.5 week old to sleep through the night? The health nurse wants me to wake him every 4 exspecially as he was 5 weeks early I think. He is gaining weight fine. He wakes up during the day when he is hungry and the odd time at night but he cluster feeds in the evening and then wants to sleep all night. I struggle to wake him up amd if I succeed he eats for 5 mins if im lucky 10 and he is out again and its not even a constant suck. I dont know what to do. I dont rele think its right to try and force feed him if he clearly isnt hungry.

What's his weight. I would wake and feed. My son was ( weeks early and small and we had to wake and feed for a good few months to help him gain weight. He could be lethargic. He's going to be slow or seem a bit lazy at feeding if he is small.

He was 5lbs 6.2 oz on monday and gains almost an oz a day so not quite sure

We had to wake and feed for a few weeks after term age. It's not unusual, especially at a low birth weight. We had to set the alarm for every 4 hours. We stopped after 8 weeks, although we may have been able to stop before then

I'd wake and feed then as 2oz a day is good weight gain. 1oz is just average. Just seen my typo, my son was 5 weeks early. We woke and fed with several alarms for 3 months x

I haven't been told by any medical people but I would wake too. I am taking care of a baby that is about 5 lbs. I will be waking her till she gets to about 7 lbs. I figure the more I feed here the more wight she will gain. If I let her sleep through the night, it will take her longer to put on the weight. Even if they are gaining appropriately, imagine how much further ahead they would be with the additional feedings.

And I really don't like overnight feedings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->