Nighttime help needed

kerry1981

Reaction score
Hey girls,

I need some advice :nope:

For the past week my lo has been waking up about 3 times a night and lies in her cot shouting for about an hour each time. If I go into her she starts crying but if I don't she will just shout and play about until she falls asleep. Now if I go in and feed her she will go back to sleep, usually, until the morning. But if I feed her during the night she won't take her morning feed properly (and for some reason she never takes as much during the day as well which means she def needs a night feed) so I don't want to really feed her at night unless she needs it?

I just really want to hear what you guys think, should I feed her or leave her to fall back asleep (she is really noisy though so I can't sleep when she does this)??

She is capable of sleeping though and hasn't needed a feed during the night since she was a few months old so I really don't know what to do. She was up at 1, 3 and 6 this morning for about an hour each time and I am shattered!

Thanks.

No-one :shrug:

I need to figure out what to do before tonight :cry::cry:

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice as my lo is swaddled and sleeps through the night that way. I do agree that you are in a pickle though, I would probably just feed to get her to go back to sleep but that's just me...my girl will always eat no matter what lol (she's a chunk :awww:) so one feed doesn't effect the next. I hope you get it figured out and get some sleep. Sorry I couldn't help. xx

I don't know what to tell you hun. I'd probably nurse her because it's easier, but that's just me. Maybe just feed her the first time she wakes and see what happens. She could be going through a growth spurt perhaps?

Hi,
My Lo did this when he was just over 6 months old, just started waking up for no reason (he usually sleeps 8pm-8am). I've noticed your Lo is nearly 6 months so it could be a growth spurt. My Lo woke up for about a week then went back to his normal sleeping pattern again. I just left him and didn't go into his room, i just watched him on the monitor until he went back to sleep.
If i was you, i would leave the night feed as she will get used to feeding again through the night. Like you said, she isn't crying so she isn't hungry. My Lo did exactly the same, just lied there screaming and playing then went back to sleep.
I know it's hard not going into them but stick with it and she should go back to normal after a couple of nights. I'm not an expert but it worked for me!!!. xx
P.s, it could also be that she needs another meal during the day (if you've started weaning) i upped my Lo to 3 meals a day after he started waking up.

My son has started shouting after some feeds (he still wakes once or twice) and I just leave him and he does fall asleep

Hi,
My Lo did this when he was just over 6 months old, just started waking up for no reason (he usually sleeps 8pm-8am). I've noticed your Lo is nearly 6 months so it could be a growth spurt. My Lo woke up for about a week then went back to his normal sleeping pattern again. I just left him and didn't go into his room, i just watched him on the monitor until he went back to sleep.
If i was you, i would leave the night feed as she will get used to feeding again through the night. Like you said, she isn't crying so she isn't hungry. My Lo did exactly the same, just lied there screaming and playing then went back to sleep.
I know it's hard not going into them but stick with it and she should go back to normal after a couple of nights. I'm not an expert but it worked for me!!!. xx
P.s, it could also be that she needs another meal during the day (if you've started weaning) i upped my Lo to 3 meals a day after he started waking up.

Thanks, it's nice to know that someone else has been through this :thumbup:
Oh I do hope this is the case. It most definitely isn't a growth spurt because she had one a couple of weeks ago. The first one I have actually noticed and has dropped back down to her normal amounts.

I am doing BLW rather than traditional as she won't eat anything I give her on a spoon so I will offer her 3 meals but not sure how much she will actually eat though :shrug:

My Lo went through this stage as well. At about 6 month. We where doing BLW so for a few weeks i gave her her last food feed an hour before her last milk feed to really full her up. Kacey also went through a stage where is a feed her at night she wouldnt drink in the morning. Didnt last long with tha waking but when your use to sleeping through it hits you hard

Thanks, I think I will do that. Quick question though, what do you give as the last meal? I'm struggling with what to give her :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->