nine month old dropping feed

katnav

Reaction score
Although I breastfed my son, from six months we combi fed and he slowly weaned himself off me to just formula by 8 months.
However my daughter wont take a bottle (of formula or expressed) so she has been solely breastfed. She has been feeding three times a day (when she wakes up, between 2 and 4 in the afternoon and before bed) she also wakes once or twice for a feed at night.

My question - for the last two weeks she has not been fussed with her first morning feed. Is it ok to drop this? Its doesnt appear to be because shes not hungry as she will eat her breakfast if offered straight after I try to feed her. She has about two ounces of whole milk in her ready brek so she gets some milk in the morning, she also has lots of cheese and yoghurt throughout the day. So can she go down to two feeds in the day?

I think recommended at this age is about a pint of 'milk' which includes milk feeds, yogurts, cheese etc so sounds fine to me. Does she drink water from sippy cup? My 9 month old has porridge made with milk and fruit with water to drinking am :flower:

Thanks for your reply. Yes she does drink water from a sippy cup with her meals and throughout the day. I have no idea how milk she takes as I dont know how much milk she takes from each feed but do know she has approx two ounces whole milk in her ready brek, two yoghurts a day, cheese everyday . I suppose I just have to follow her cues, I was just a bit surprised she seems to want to drop a feed already, and surprised its he first morning feed to go first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->