No AF, BFNs, and frustrated

Behari

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here so please forgive if this is a little too detailed. I’m a bit confused and looking for some advice. I got off bc pills last November. Since then, I’ve had regular periods that start on the 14th or 15th of each month, with the exception of April. I was travelling from April 13th-18th so AF didn’t arrive until the 20th once I was home. Even though AF was delayed in April, it arrived back on schedule in May on the 14th.

May was the first cycle that hubby and I decided to actively ttc. I calculated my ovulation based on online ovulation calculators and did have EWCM at the predicted time (peak ovulation should have been May 29th based on my average 29 day cycle). Hubby and I bbd every other day (sometimes more 😜) the week leading up to then and the week after just for good measure.

I was certain I was pregnant the first couple of weeks in June because I was so incredibly exhausted that I was falling asleep in the middle of each day. I had an unusual amount of EWCM, which I don’t usually get around that time and weird pulling sensations in my abdomen. When the 14th of June rolled around, AF didn’t come. We were so excited - we thought we were one of those lucky ones.

Jump forward to now – AF still hasn’t arrived. I’ve had zero spotting and I’m now 23 days late. I’m no longer incredibly exhausted all the time but I’ve had severe lower back pain for two weeks, a twinge feeling in my lower left abdomen on and off, lots of EWCM, and a slightly elevated temp. I’ve taken a million HPTs but all with BFNs. I went to my gynecologist yesterday. She did an exam but said she does not think I'm pregnant. She didn’t feel any cysts but said it’s possible I may have had a cyst that resolved itself, hence the back pain and missed period. She ordered a qualitative blood test, which came back negative, and sent me off with a 10-day supply of Medroxyprogesterone.

I still think it is extremely weird that the first month that hubby and I were actively trying, I never got my period. I’m hesitant to take the Provera if there is a slight possibility I could still be pregnant (doc says it won’t harm fetus but I’m reading otherwise online). Is it wishful thinking that I may still be pregnant? My other concern is that perhaps I have PCOS and this is the start of a long, frustrating journey. I’m just so frustrated because I feel like I’m in limbo. Any thoughts, experiences, or advice?

P.S. I bought opts for next time around whenever that may be…

With the negative blood test, I would say your not pregnant sorry. I'd listen to your doctor instead of the internet. Talk to your doctor if hou think you may have pcos.

Thanks mrsclt for the response. That puts things into perspective. I think I will take the Provera. If I miss AF next time around then I will make an appt to discuss possibility of PCOS. I had a daughter that passed away as an infant due to a genetic condition several years ago and more recently suffered a miscarriage. It was a big decision for us to start trying again and it is difficult not to get emotionally wrapped up in the journey. Sometimes you just need to vent and hear yourself to get some perspective...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->