no fetal heartbeat on doppler at 11 weeks and subchorionic hematoma

auryncharm

Reaction score
Hello,

I am just at my 12 weeks now and had one of my monthly prenatal doctor visits about a week ago. At my visit, my doc could not find my baby's heartbeat with a Doppler. I was also diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma at 10 weeks but at that ultrasound the growth of the baby and heart rate looked excellent. I want to tell my friends and family that I'm expecting but I'm scared to death with the hematoma and no heartbeat detected via Doppler. Should I tell them I'm expecting or should I wait longer. I'm so nervous.

I would wait a little longer until you know you are in the clear. I am worried about the same thing. Im only 9 weeks tomorrow, but I have a scan on Tuesday. I have read so many reports from women who went to a scan that was fine, and then the next scan no heart beat. It's terrifying and I am sorry you are going through this. I would wait a little longer. When do you have another scan scheduled?

My next ultrasound is not scheduled until April. I'm going to see if they can get me in sooner.

My next ultrasound is not scheduled until April. I'm going to see if they can get me in sooner.

No help on the heamotoma but 11 weeks is v early for a Doppler - I went for my hospital check up this week at 15w and the dr said I won't bother with the Doppler as we might not find the hb for ages I'll just scan instead as it takes out the faffing. Hold on to the fact you saw a hb and have a read k. The thread of other ladies with hematomas - lots have full term successful pregnancies

I also have a subchorionic hematoma, which was diagnosed after a large bleed at 12 weeks. All of my scans. (At 12, 13,14 & 16wks) have shown that baby is fine and growing normally. I've been having weekly reassurance appointments with my midwife due to anxiety about the SCH, and it's only recently that's she's been able to find the HB with a Doppler. At both 14 and 16 weeks, I was sent to the hospital for a check up, as she couldn't find it. It is still very early to detect the bubs HB, so try not to worry too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->