no heating what do i do?

milkmachine

Formally uv
Reaction score
ive had no heating ALL day ive been waiting for british gas home care to come out they said someone would be out before 6. 6 came and went so i called them. they said someone came out but noone did! i demanded that they came out to sort it but they refused giving me an afternoon appointment for tommrrow.

i said that i have a baby and its bloody freezing i have no heat and no hot water they said im not a priority becuase its british summer time!

what am i ment to do last time this happened faith got broncahlitus (sp):cry:

i forgot to say i asked thme to get someone out to me, they said they only work between 8-6 even though ive had them in my house at gone 9 before... the manager told me i couldnt have and i was lying!!!

Aw hunni has she gone bed yet??
If she is awake , have you got a hat to put on her (just take it off when she goes sleep)

It really keeps the heat in, when it was really cold in the winter i used to sit with a hat on all day.

If she is in bed just plenty of blankets, just make sure she doesnt overhear, hopefully one nite shouldn't be too bad. Is it really cold where you are, i haven't had the heating on for a couple of days.
I hope they come sooner rather then later for you 2moz x

And as for that comment from the person you spoke to ...complain!!!
x

im so mad. im not a priority cause its british summer time what a joke!

Tell me about it, it will probably snow in a couple of weeks!! This is britain!!! One day its freezin the next its scorching!!

hey hun ...their bullshitters they do work past 6 cus my sis had em out to and if u phone up and complain u will get sum1 out hun....tell them u have a a 4day old baby and need hot water for bottles they wil have to come out hun

heres a free number 0800 0480202 so u dont have to spend money on em.

dont hang up hun till sum1 comes out and ask to speak to their manager if they get shitty xx

i dont think thats the homecare thing.... my landlord has a homecare agreement. i called eon and its a boiler issue so its nothing to do with them we have gas coming through to the hob. grrrr im so mad.... i know they come out after 6 ive had them out after 6 liying twatting manager. i had the manager on the phone who just sat in silence till i said to james the twat isnt even talking to me.... i got im sorry miss thomas theres nothing i can do

grrrrrr

im nearly in tears.... my boilers been condemed even though it was serviced in november theyve cut off the gas supply and someones coming on tuesday..... its freezing cold and i cant even bath my child!

:hugs:

Id call them again, and if they give u the same bullshit, id ask them for their head office details as you have a baby and you are a priority.

Ive had an engineer out at quarter to midnight before!! ARSEHOLES!! They really piss me off.

No no no no!!

They did this to us in the middle of the night although scottish power I had no way to heat bottles even the guy who came out the next day said to make a complaint that with baby in house they have to act!

I know it doesn't help now but you must go through the complaints department when this is all over.

Also why is British gas sorting it? I thought your landlord had to get someone in. You are private renting?

Can you go and stay somewhere for the weekend? This is not good for any of you but certainly not the LO ...

Ring back and kick off although try not to shout or swear just make your point bluntly that your childs health is at risk for a start and were they willing to accept this a second time? Demand manager of manager and keep going ...

x

Oh another tip - whist fresh in mind note down time of calls and things said and when you call back get NAMES and note the times down and any other numbers they give you etc.

Discusting!

theres noone to call theyve all gone home for fucking easter. the heating etc is insured under british gas home care by the landlord. they came out cut the pipes and said see you tuesday evening when we have a part im so cross im nearly in tears

ive got all their names and head offices details but nothing is going to get it sorted faster... i thought it was illegal to be withough heating with a baby as babies cant generate their own heat..???

theres nowhere thatll have all of us and i just dont have the money to put in the electric meter for electric heaters.

:hugs:I know you BF and co-sleep but is there someone who can take just the baby if there's no one who can take all of you? Other than that, pack on the clothes and crawl under the blankets together. That's all we've been able to do when we haven't had heat this winter. Sleeping bags work great too.

I'd offer you a room for the long weekend if you were closer but if you could afford travel then you coudl do the electric so Im useless to you!

Hav eyou got an electric heater? Are you on token?

Try the call again ...I just wouldn't let them get away with it. Call the damn company manager not floor manager at homeif they have to but they should have the part no doubt about it.

we are on a token meter thing, ive called and called but cant get past the call centre. im to expect a manager call before one tommrrow soooooo grumpy

Have you got a heater?

My next step would be to tell them to come out and top your meter up so you can use it. Least they could do. Bathing LO could be in sink hun a kettle of water and top up cold until warm!

Aww i'm sorry to hear about your heating situation. Our heating packed in when Harry was about a week or two old and I panicked BIG time. But then I remembered.... my mum and dad didn't have heating when I was born and until I was a teenager and I survived! I just made sure Harry was completely wrapped up and he was fine :) In fact at one point, I think he was too hot!! I think sometimes we don't give our babies enough credit - they're very hardy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->