No judging pls. Now having to post here ;(

No one is really taking me seriously tbh. I'm told just to be grateful and the day we found out dh was in a huge mood with me as I wasn't jumping for joy. I can't speak to anyone. I. Having good and bad days. Sil announced her second due same time as ours, so that has been a bit annoying too. Now waiting to find out what she's having, I don't need to type the rest. I'm sure you can work out what I'm thinking. There are all boys at present. Hope our baby gets the right attention that he deserves.

I have a 1 year old boy and I love him to death! I didnt have a preference since he was my first but always wondered what having a boy would be like. I even wondered if having a boy would be boring. He is far from boring! He's so funny and has such a sweet personality (although a little stubborn) and yes, he is a mama's boy. Some people think a boy's clothing style is boring, but to me it isnt. Yes girl clothes look cute but nowadays there's a variety of boy's clothes too. Its so fun to dress him. I'm pregnant again and although we prefer a girl, I wouldnt mind another boy.

My second child was a little boy and I have found that my bond with him is...amazing... He is 7 now and watching him grow from a baby into this bright little man has been such an amazing journey. His sister ( whom I so badly wanted as a boy first ) and I are very close however- nothing compares to a bond between mother and son. He will make you laugh, he will make you cry and he will always be there because you are his Mommy and I think that is the best bond there is.. Mother and Son... Not knocking my daughter because even though she is 9, she is my best friend.. At 7, my son will still curl into my lap and lay his head on my chest and look up at me with BIG BROWN EYES and long eyelashes " I love you Mommy " And fall asleep there.. Queenie? She'd rather be in her room txting! LOL You will be okay! Embrace him <3 He will make your world amazing!

I guarantee you will fall madly in love with your son - I have no doubt of that!!

I have wanted to have a baby since I was like 3 years old! I loved playing "house" and had so many baby dolls and Cabbage Patch Dolls growing up! Of course I always had girl dolls and love pink, frilly, sparkly things - anything that glitters!!

I truly just assumed when I was pregnant that I would have a baby girl. I had started buying pink, and dresses, and tutus, and hair bows!!! I could not wait! I was searching for the longest, prettiest, girliest princess-type name I could find!!

I will never forget laying there for my ultrasound - scared to death of all the scary things that go along with pregnancy!! My quad screen came back at risk for down syndrome (1:17 chance) and I had been preggo with twins and lost one at 7 weeks. So it was a HUGE relief to hear that the baby was healthy and that everything looked great and that there were no markers for DS!!!!!! I was on cloud 9! But when the technician said "It's a boy!" I was shocked!! It just never really seemed possible!! I was sure I would have a soft pretty pink bundle!! I was a single mom and i'm a girl - so I thought I needed a girl!! Plus, I hate sports, the outdoors, trucks, cars, bugs, frogs, dirt - anything boyish! Not my thing!!!

I understand how it feels to feel so incredibly blessed to have a (healthy) baby - yet so confusing to have the opposite gender than you were expecting!!

It is now 6 years later and I wouldn't trade my son for anything in the world!!! I am learning to enjoy things that I NEVER thought I would do!! I have signed him up for basketball, baseball, soccer, and I've even taken him fishing & camping (I will never go camping again - LOL). Seeing his enjoyment makes it all worthwhile!!! I assure you - you will do things you never thought you would do - to make that sweet little boy happy!!! You will look into Boy Scouts, and places to go rock wall climbing, and you will play video games & legos!! And you will love it! Because you are going to love being a mom!

I see FB photos of my niece and my friend's little girls and I envy their beautiful dresses, and princess parties, and giant bows in their hair, and mommy-daughter nail painting, ballet recitals, and all the pink, pink, pink! I still hope that one day I will have a baby girl so I can do all those girly things. But I honestly can't imagine having a more loving, special bond! There is nothing (i'm telling you - you'll soon find out!!) stronger than the bond between a mom and her little boy!!! You will be so surprised how loving, cuddly, and affectionate a boy can be!! And you will love him to pieces!!!

One thing I have noticed over the years is that when you go shopping - you will find 15 racks of clothes for girls and like 2 racks of clothes for boys!! So I started buying his clothes and shoes online!! Dressing a boy can still be so much fun if you put the effort in!! I have always loved dressing him and finding super cute clothes, shoes, and accessories for him!!

Boys truly are so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

I completely get this.

I wanted a girl. When I found out is was a boy I was so miserable. Yet as he grew inside me and I felt him move and kick I fell more and more in love.

When he was born all those feelings of dissapointment went away. It was about the little 'person' that was mine, that i'd created and grown rather than the 'gender' of that little person.

Now I have a boy I see all the pros, I love boys clothes, I love the name I chose but like you there were hardly any I liked. He is a proper little mummys boy so loving and affectionate and lively. I love the toys I can buy him and play with them with him.

I'm a girly girl but I adore having a son.

I promise it gets easier.

When I got pregnant last time I again thought I desperatley want a girl so I'll have one of each but then I had a miscarriage. Now I'm pregnant again I'd love a girl but I'm not AS bothered because I realise I'd be lucky/greatful just to have a healthy baby.

But i'll be honest. That desire for a girl really still is there.

Aw hope you're feeling better now about have
No a boy, they truly are great and such mum as boys, I've got two and they are my world (and I am theirs!)
Do you know yet what your SIL is having? Know the stress you'll be feeling over that my SIL was pregnant after me and she had her second boy I was happy she had a healthy baby of course but I was worried how I'd feel if she'd have had a girl as it's all boys on DH's side! Welcome to team blue though boys honestly are amazing! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->