No money for Ari's Birthday

P

pansylove

Everyone has got her really nice things, her Dad (who I'm currently in a custody battle with) has spent over £100 on really good stuff, and I literally can't afford a thing.
I got her a £2 toy camera thing but that's it. I feel like he is showing off with his money trying to look like a better parent. I also feel as though I've failed as a Mum not being able to get my daughter anything :(

This probably sounds well shallow but I don't care because I'm upset.

Hun it really doesnt matter if you get her anything.
as long as you are there for her and love her thats what matters.
You still got her the camera

Hun, she wont even remember it! im sure she has lots of toys and whatever she gets she wont even know who its from anyways!
I didnt know you and FOB broke up! :( what happened?!

The greatest gift you give her is love. She won't remember it and her toys will be forgotten after a while.
All she needs is you. :hugs:

Im sure you being her mum is the best present overall:hugs:

Aww hun :( ari won't care what presents she gets! You're a fab mummy that's all she wants :)

(Oh and i haven't RSVPed but me and Ava are deffo coming to her partaayyyy!) x

Thank you laydeeeez :) It's less the fact that she will be mad at me, it's just I'll look stupid in front of fam and friends when FOB is getting out all these big presents and I'm like.. errm.. yano?
Her party isn't on her actual birthday though so nobody will be around for present opening anyway hopefully!

Yeah broke up with OH a while ago, he's now dating a girl almost 10 years younger than him. He has met her once and claims he's in love with her.. Fail.

YAY STEPH :) Can't wait to see you xx

Yeah broke up with OH a while ago, he's now dating a girl almost 10 years younger than him. He has met her once and claims he's in love with her.. Fail.

i didnt know you guys broke up :cry: I'm sorry, i hope you are doing well though!

&& Fail..... :dohh:

(i added you on FB btw , - Melissa paige barrowclough - )

if i were you i wouldnt worry! she is your baby and she will love you no matter what. its not like she is getting absolutley nothing... if it really means a lot to you why dont u try making something?

You're there every single day with her, constantly in her life and in her mind, looking after her. She won't care what you get her, she's so young still she just won't care or know who spent what. Just get her something little that you think she'll like, you know her better than anyone, so chances are she'll love what you get her the most. Let other people spend money on her, you're still going to be the most important person in your daughter's eyes.

Can you make her something maybe?

Before Syri was born I started knitting a blanket for her and every year i'm going to add another piece to it so it will grow as she does and in the end that'll be way more special than any baby toy she'll outgrow, ya know? So maybe you could do something similar for your LO. :hugs:

dont worry about how much FOB is getting her you really cant buy love and she wont even know he got them for her anyway. what about writing her a birthday letter for her memory box or something?

:hugs: you are her mummy, you get her things all the time. Maybe try and make her something, like a keepsake thing? Make her a video!!

It's okay hun, we're really skint too :hugs: I'm trying to figure out how we're going to accomplish Christmas this year :nope: Regardless, she will not remember, & even if she did, like Shannon said, the best gift you could give her is you being her mommy that loves her & cares for her :hugs: x

As a mum of a dd whos just turned One, trust me when I say a) she won't know and b) she won't need anything. We have toys coming out of our ears and have decided we are buying her three things for Christmas as a) she will get so much from others b) again she's too young to know and c) we simply don't have the room!

I'm confused? How can an inactive person be online ^?

Anyway, don't worry hun, Ari will still love you and enjoy her birthday anyway, I'm really skint at the moment too so LO hasn't gotten much from me or OH for his birthday, I felt bad too, but I realised it's more the things we do with him on his birthday that matters than what we get him :flow: xx

everyone has money issues your baby girl will love you no matter what!! and wont remember that he has spent alot of money on her all she needs is your love money doesnt buy happieness xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->